• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucas Final Smash: PK Starstorm Discussion

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I'm not even going to be a Lucas user (i'll use him of course because I'll play as all the characters eventually but he won't be my main) but I just had to come by and congratulate all the Lucas mains because his FS looks like the most badass one so far. So visually pleasing. @0@

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I hardly know anything about the Earthbound series and don't use Ness as often as other characters, but I'm okay with him being in the series and wouldn't want him removed

I think with the revelation of PK Starstorm as Lucas' Final Smash, Ness' chances of returing increase. They could give Ness PK Rockin'

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I hardly know anything about the Earthbound series and don't use Ness as often as other characters, but I'm okay with him being in the series and wouldn't want him removed

I think with the revelation of PK Starstorm as Lucas' Final Smash, Ness' chances of returing increase. They could give Ness PK Rockin'
or thay can give PK Love to Claus...and no, this didnt increased Ness chances...accept it, Ness is gone, atleast as a PC.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman

This image had me convinced that PK Love would be Lucas's FS, but now I'm just confused. PK Starstorm is still pretty freaking cool (despite the fact that Lucas never had it in his own game, but so many liberties are taken with the smash games it's hard to be picky).

Anyways, so if Starstorm is Lucas's FS, then does anyone have a clue what this heart thing is?

vesperview

Smash Hero

This image had me convinced that PK Love would be Lucas's FS, but now I'm just confused. PK Starstorm is still pretty freaking cool (despite the fact that Lucas never had it in his own game, but so many liberties are taken with the smash games it's hard to be picky).

Anyways, so if Starstorm is Lucas's FS, then does anyone have a clue what this heart thing is?
That's Peach's FS, you can see her head and her hand in the picture.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Oh i can see her hand now. I always thought the bits of blonde were from Lucas, lol. Anyways thanks for clearing that up.

Another thing- anyone think starstorm can be dodged/absorbed? I doubt it myself, but anyone got any ideas?

Alcorn

Smash Rookie
This FS looks awesome. I found it strange, though, that Lucas has the largest stage revealed so far, but his FS has a bigger advantage on small stages. I know that the stage and FS don't have anything to do with each other, but I still thought it was kind of ironic.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
It does look unique and also interesting, but you can dodge the storm if they either move between the stars or hiding on the ledge.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
"(For those who say that you can hide below a plataform)"

Actually it looks like the stars phase through the plataforms,

look to the plataform to the right

the same thing happens in the right side of the main pataform in this screenshot

well, this is what I believe

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
This FS looks awesome. I found it strange, though, that Lucas has the largest stage revealed so far, but his FS has a bigger advantage on small stages. I know that the stage and FS don't have anything to do with each other, but I still thought it was kind of ironic.
inda like how DK's FS sucks on his level.

Well... it suck's everywhere, but his especially.

Anyway, I think although PK Starstorm isnt one of Lucas' original moves, it still looks crazy awesome. And thats all that matters.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I don't understand how people get excited for cheap moves! I will stomp Lucas with Link and his medocer but cool looking final smash any day.
Dude, shut up.

N-E-WAYZ.

I'm kinda disappointed. I sooo wanted Drago. Or even one of Lucas' moves. I *NEVER* got over Ness "borrowing" Paula's moves (it doesn't bother me a lot, but it still does) and Lucas is just worse. *sigh*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Dude, shut up.

N-E-WAYZ.

I'm kinda disappointed. I sooo wanted Drago. Or even one of Lucas' moves. I *NEVER* got over Ness "borrowing" Paula's moves (it doesn't bother me a lot, but it still does) and Lucas is just worse. *sigh*
Yes, Lucas is as bad.

This update pretty much makes Lucas Kumatora in a Lucas suit.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I don't understand how people get excited for cheap moves! I will stomp Lucas with Link and his medocer but cool looking final smash any day.
Your existence proves that God is merciful, because any God with an ounce of spite would send cyborg wolves to destroy you.

I don't mind that you dislike Lucas' FS...I mean seriously...who cares...but just the fact that you thought your opinion was worth posting in here proves that you're a sack of meat.

On topic: It is weird that the move will be less useful on New Pork City. Although, having reverse home field advantage would follow the SSB tradition. I mean, was Fourside, the stage with the giant holes that Ness would fall into and instantly die, was that good for Ness?

Piks

Smash Journeyman
You pretty much make zelda fans look bad, MOTHER is awesome.

But This is my favorite FS. Ever.

Bowser080

Smash Apprentice
just in that the 2 are both the special moves for the 2 main characters. IF (and i dont think this will happen), the game were to include lucas and ness, would it not be overkill to have ness's FS pk rockin and lucas's pk love? atleast this would give a little diversity if both were to be in.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Lucatora for the win? I think that Starstorm looks cool and I'm hoping that it deals crazy damage (or turns everybody it hits into Bowser - imagine that!) but, like most people here, I would have much rather that he had PK LOVE or Drago. I guess Lucas must be seen as a representative of Mother 3, not just as an individual character. He's not in Mother 3 as just 'Lucas', he's there as Lucas, Claus, Kumatora, Duster, Salsa, etc. Something like that. Obviously though, he's more just Lucas + Kumatora, therefore he's Lucatora!

Also, as for PK LOVE having nothing to do with actual love, that's debateable. You're asked to write in what your favorite thing is and the defaut, thus Lucas' official favorite thing, is love. I took PK Kiai/Rocking/Love/etc. as a sort of focus for this attack. It's like, Ness/Lucas focus on this favorite thing of theirs and their emotional attachment to that thing is what powers the attack. I guess Japanese Ness likes to yell a lot (err, is there another meaning to 'Kiai' that I don't know of?) and American Ness likes to, umm, rock out? Lucas, however, is clearly a man after some love. A large part of his character development comes from his love towards his mother. It's throughout the whole game. Don't hate the PK LOVE. It's all about the love.

Levitas

the moon
scotu and I were discussing the possibility of mages in brawl, and he brought up the fact that lucas was very magish. He then said that if there was a fire mage with meteor in brawl, he'd main him/her. (of course he was thinking a fire emblem mage).

I think it's time he sees the update...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I absolutely LOVE Lucas' FS! Is it PK Love / PK Love Ω? Nope. Is it borrowed from another character, continuing the PSI-amalgamation character tradition that originated with Ness and Paula? Sadly, yes. But is it still ridiculously awesome? Of course it is!

...And lest we forget that PK Love could still go to my beloved Claus. ;) (Really, though, it could!)

vesperview

Smash Hero
I'm new so I don't know, but do you flame people all day. Do you do it for enjoyment or is it an
illNESS? :)
That's hardly flaming, just cause you believe Ness has a shot to return and I don't, doesn't mean I'm flaming anyone, but it IS ignorant to believe this update raises Ness's chances, specially when Claus can pull off the exact same move.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Yeah, if anything, the fact that Claus could have PK Love gives him a little bit more of a chance. And I'd say Claus being in would lower Ness' chances a ton...an ultramegaton. (Cause Mother isn't gonna get 3 reps...I highly highly doubt it at least)

God I hope Claus is in.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
I was a Ness main in SSBM...I'm soooo gonna main Lucas in Brawl. That final smash is rap3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!shiftone11

Anyway, if he's using startstorm, I guess poo's not in...boo hoo. I would hope that if ness were in, they'd give him PSI Rockin!!!

Voraine

Smash Rookie
^ Yep. Kumatora does.

So maybe... maybe PK Love could go to (assuming he's in, of course) Claus?
No offense, but that's kinda a stupid idea. Its Lucas's signature move, why would they give it to Clause if they didn't give it to Lucas? Makes no sense. That's like saying they should put Pokey in the game and give him Psi Rockin instead of Ness.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
No offense, but that's kinda a stupid idea. Its Lucas's signature move, why would they give it to Clause if they didn't give it to Lucas? Makes no sense. That's like saying they should put Pokey in the game and give him Psi Rockin instead of Ness.

actually, PK Love is both Lucas and Claus signature move, being them the only people able to perform it. In other words, if Lucas didnt get it, it makes perfect sense for Claus to have it >_>, dont talk if you dont know the facts.

Voraine

Smash Rookie
Yes but as Lucas being the main character and Claus being more of a bad character why would they give him a move that is frequently used by Lucas in the game and known for it more specifically?

Top Bottom