• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
scouter.......but Lucas and party's power level wasnt over 9000 so thats why he didnt take it out until the end of the game....

fums63

Smash Apprentice
that seems awesome! but i guess if hes in ness would have to be out since 3 mother reps is pushing it

Deku Boy

Smash Cadet
maybe that thing covering his left eye is a scouter.......hee hee

Pig-Mask: Commander, what does the scouter say about his power level?

Claus: *Taps his scouter to begin scanning Fox's power level*

Claus: *Removes helmet*

Claus: IT'S OVER NINE-THOUSAND!!! *crushes helmet in hands*

Pig Mask: Wh-What?! Nine-Thousand?!

>.>; Sorry.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tried to avoid using fox because I didn't like that whole high tier thing...Dunno why, just didn't...

But with that taunt!!! ****...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
hey... didn't Claus lose his eye in the fight with Mecha-Drago? wouldn't that mean he would have a cyborg eye?....cause... you know... thats bad @$$.

whats that? sounds like a Fan fic
It's what I'm calling that essay that was put up last night. Assuming that he read it, it made him a Clausian.

I called it the essay that name because the original Sinners in the Hands of Angry God converted a lot of people and began the Great Awakening.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Deku Boy that made me laugh...thnx for increasing my lifespan by a few seconds...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
no but I read somewhere that if you laugh for real you burn calories...

D

Deleted member

Hey, I support Claus all the way. I have been spending so much time in the Geno thread that I haven't had any time to ask if it is too late to join the MMPMA?

Claus would make a great rep for the Mother series since, well, Ness is basically deconfirmed. =/ I think Claus would make a great character, he has his own moveset pointed out on the battle with him. He reminds me of Darth Vader/Anikin Skywalker too.

Well, CLAUS FOR BRAWL

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
no its not just put the little Claus banner thing on your sig (its in mine) and your in....

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Hey, I support Claus all the way. I have been spending so much time in the Geno thread that I haven't had any time to ask if it is too late to join the MMPMA?

Claus would make a great rep for the Mother series since, well, Ness is basically deconfirmed. =/ I think Claus would make a great character, he has his own moveset pointed out on the battle with him. He reminds me of Darth Vader/Anikin Skywalker too.

Well, CLAUS FOR BRAWL
(*Anakin)

Heh.
MOTHER3 has so many paralells to Star Wars. It even ends like episode VI lol

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
well Ive never seen Star Wars so I cant comment....but I do know some characters and stuff cuz Ive played Battlefront II...

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Good news everyone!

I convinced my cousin to sell me his Mother 3!!!!!! I have been playing nonstop! Duster wins. Lucas has a cowlike (beyond win). Haven't gotten terribley far but will keep you posted.

PS: Japanese sucks.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I don't recall the whole world being "purified" in episode VI.
Yeah, but Claus/Darth Vader take off their helmet, and finally come to terms with Lucas/Luke and die as they apologize. And Claus has a helmet and artificial body parts, as does Darth Vader.

300th post ftw

EDIT: Colenstein, did you know you can press select in the battle menus to make a picture of the item pop up?

Japanese does not suck, ばか.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, but Claus/Darth Vader take off their helmet, and finally come to terms with Lucas/Luke and die as they apologize. And Claus has a helmet and artificial body parts, as does Darth Vader.

300th post ftw
I see what you mean.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
@Ouendanation: Thanks for the tip. I don't mean it sucks a language but it does suck when you can't understand them. On the plus side you can make up what they are saying.

Duster: Quick! Whip out your snakes so we can get across this gap.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
@Ouendanation: Thanks for the tip. I don't mean it sucks a language but it does suck when you can't understand them. On the plus side you can make up what they are saying.

Duster: Quick! Whip out your snakes so we can get across this gap.
If you feel at all learning it would be helpful, it's really not *that* hard to learn, and I have a game that teaches you how to read it, which is designed like an old console RPG. After you learn some (Kata)Kana, maybe some Hirigana, it's easy. Just memorize some words. Kana is very easy to translate, as it much more often than not sounds very similar to the english counterpart, but with slight pronunciaton differences. They can't make "l" sounds, so they use r instead.

Examples (say these out loud and it'll make more sense) Riyuka - Luca(added s)
Kurausu - Claus

You don't have to memorize all symbols, because a ton of them just change the first letter and add a tiny mark to the symbol.

Examples:
ハ=Ha
バ=Ba
パ=Pa

A lot of them are easy, too.

ア-a (looks like a "P")
ヘ-he (upside down check mark)
フ-fu (just a simple shape)

If I'm 13 and I learned it, I'm sure you can learn it, probably easier than I can.

3D King

Smash Journeyman
If you feel at all learning it would be helpful, it's really not *that* hard to learn, and I have a game that teaches you how to read it, which is designed like an old console RPG. After you learn some (Kata)Kana, maybe some Hirigana, it's easy. Just memorize some words. Kana is very easy to translate, as it much more often than not sounds very similar to the english counterpart, but with slight pronunciaton differences. They can't make "l" sounds, so they use r instead.

Examples (say these out loud and it'll make more sense) Riyuka - Luca(added s)
Kurausu - Claus

You don't have to memorize all symbols, because a ton of them just change the first letter and add a tiny mark to the symbol.

Examples:
ハ=Ha
バ=Ba
パ=Pa

If I'm 13 and I learned it, I'm sure you can learn it, probably easier than I can.
Whats the name of this game, I am really interested!

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Thanks Ouen! I really should look this up.

Oh and my new less crappy sig.

(God I suck at this)
Anytime :)

Wow, new one looks pretty good for paint. For sprite edits, though, you should normally use the same size for every pixel, and not the pencil tool. The smallest square brush tool works great, and try to align them the best you can. Imagine there's an invisible grid. It looks much more natural that way. But for other edits that absolutely will not work with a tool that matches, you can use the pencil tool, like for example, on the mouth. Oh, and never, EVER save anything with sprites in it as a jpg, save it as a png, which compresses better, and doesn't screw up the image.

Top Bottom