• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alternate Costumes Thread (Everyone has 8 Colors + New Info from Japanese Event!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sakurai's trolling really made you paranoid... :troll:
It's not so much Sakurai's quotes, but more the responses that the people make to his quotes that can sometimes make me feel irritated. Not once has Sakurai mentioned Ridley, but Pyrosphere literally brought Ridley havoc into the mix. But this is going off-topic, so I'll stop right there.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
C'mon people, Sakurai can be vague, but this is dead obvious. If He Fit Trainer was a new character, he'd get the big announcement treatment, Sakurai wouldn't just dump him on the site, then tomorrow go all "Oh yeah, he's a seperate character btw." While Sakurai can be hard to figure out sometimes, he's not that out there. It's obviously just an alternate costume, nothing more, nothing less, we don't need Sakurai to spell it out to us as if we were kindergarteners.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
C'mon people, Sakurai can be vague, but this is dead obvious. If He Fit Trainer was a new character, he'd get the big announcement treatment, Sakurai wouldn't just dump him on the site, then tomorrow go all "Oh yeah, he's a seperate character btw." While Sakurai can be hard to figure out sometimes, he's not that out there. It's obviously just an alternate costume, nothing more, nothing less, we don't need Sakurai to spell it out to us as if we were kindergarteners.

To be fair there is the slight chance he's an assist trophy but yeah.

Anyway, what other characters should be alts?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
From this point on, I will call him Hii Fit Trainer.

The female version will of course be Shii Fit Trainer.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How about we do a little somethingsomething.

Take the current cast of the game (minus WFT) and choose which one alt costume you'd want them to have. Use the list to help.

Mario: Tanooki Suit
Luigi: Frog Suit
Peach: Daisy
Bowser: Dry Bowser
Link: Ocarina of Time Link
Toon Link: Lobster shirt
Donkey Kong: Retro DK
Kirby: Gooey
Pikachu: Female
Fox: James McCloud
Samus: Fusion Suit
Pit: Dark Pit (with different voice)

Villager: Female
Mega Man: Proto Man

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ok then, now we finally got a newcomer I added Rosalina. All I got so far is her Biker outfit and that early concept art where she was closer to Peach. Any more ideas?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was wondering, (Fire Emblem: Awakening spoiler) :
How about Lucina who could also work as an alternate costume/skin of Chrom ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It's not so much Sakurai's quotes, but more the responses that the people make to his quotes that can sometimes make me feel irritated. Not once has Sakurai mentioned Ridley, but Pyrosphere literally brought Ridley havoc into the mix. But this is going off-topic, so I'll stop right there.
Speaking of which don't forget to open the miiverse thread again on SundaySunday

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Pretty sure the rule about alt costumes is it still has to be the same character when changing costumes.

Villager will still be villager when using either the male or female one (assuming there's a female alt)
Wiifit Trainer is still WFT when changing genders as well.

I don't think you can count on sneaking in extra character through the alt costume route. Zelda wouldn't be Zelda anymore as a Hilda alt and Pikachu wouldn't be Pikachu anymore if you were using a Raichu alt

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Pretty sure the rule about alt costumes is it still has to be the same character when changing costumes.

Villager will still be villager when using either the male or female one (assuming there's a female alt)
Wiifit Trainer is still WFT when changing genders as well.

I don't think you can count on sneaking in extra character through the alt costume route. Zelda wouldn't be Zelda anymore as a Hilda alt and Pikachu wouldn't be Pikachu anymore if you were using a Raichu alt
Well Peach had a Daisy costume in Melee so it isn't entirely out of the question but I agree with the principle. I was pissed as all hell when Mega Man got into Marvel vs 3 as Zero's Alt Costume. I include them because this the the big list of POTENTIAL alt costumes. If it's half-way plausible, it's in.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Well Peach had a Daisy costume in Melee so it isn't entirely out of the question but I agree with the principle. I was pissed as all hell when Mega Man got into Marvel vs 3 as Zero's Alt Costume. I include them because this the the big list of POTENTIAL alt costumes. If it's half-way plausible, it's in.
It was still Peach, just wearing Daisy's colors.

And comparing it to another game's rules for alt costume makes no sense

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It was still Peach, just wearing Daisy's colors.

And comparing it to another game's rules for alt costume makes no sense
I was saying that that other game (UMVC3) had done what you said you didn't want and bad things happened. It was supposed to be agreement. Unless you meant Melee's rule and in that case of course it makes sense to compare them, they're in the same series.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll add the Sonic Boom on to the OP just in case.

Anyone got any ideas for Lil' Mac?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Shulk was playable and had is default gear as his default Smash model what Xenoblade armors would you want to be alts?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Check this out

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
My Ideas:
Super Mario
· Mario (Dr./Tanooki)
· Luigi (Dr./Frog)
· Bowser (Dry)
· Peach (Fire)
· Yoshi (Yarn/Boshi)
· Rosalina
Donkey Kong
· Donkey Kong (Funky)
· Diddy Kong
Warioware Inc.
• Wario (WarioWare)
Legend of Zelda
• Link (OoT)
• Zelda (Sheik)
• Ganondorf (Ganon)
• Toon Link (Classic)
Pokemon
· Pikachu (Raichu)
· Red (Blue)
· Lucario (Mega)
· Jigglypuff
Metroid
• Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
• Kirby (Yarn)
• Meta Knight (Galacta)
• King Dedede
Star Fox
• Fox
• Falco
F-Zero
• Captain Falcon (Blood)
Kid Icarus
• Pit
• Palutena
Pikmin
• Captain Olimar (Charlie)
Fire Emblem
• Marth
Earthbound
• Ness (Ninten)
Punch-Out!!!
• Little Mac (Pink/Super)
Animal Crossing
• Villager (M/F)
Other
• Mr. Game & Watch
• R.O.B. (Virtual Boy)
• Wii Fit Trainer (M/F)
There was a few I couldn't think of, so if anybody has any ideas I'm willing to hear it.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Has anyone got any clue what Greninja's alt costume would/could be?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly I don't expect him to have one. He can easily have a bunch of referency colors, but Water Shuriken is his own thing, so his pre-evos/other Pokemon wouldn't make sense.

Wire Mac is the best though. I expect Jumpsuit to be there too.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Shiek could possibly have Impa as an alternate costume, now that Shiek is separate.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So far Sakurai's stance on alts seems to be that they stay the same character, unless it's ambiguous like WFT.

I guess we'll see what happens there, it seems sorta like the PMBR's stance honestly. I do expect Sheik to get Impa SOMETHING, if it's a color or alt or whatever.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So far Sakurai's stance on alts seems to be that they stay the same character, unless it's ambiguous like WFT.

I guess we'll see what happens there, it seems sorta like the PMBR's stance honestly. I do expect Sheik to get Impa SOMETHING, if it's a color or alt or whatever.
If that's the case, I would be more than happy with a costume recolor that is similar to Impa in Skyward Sword. similar to how Peach has a Daisy recolor in Brawl.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One idea I heard for Greninja was for it to dress up like a Ninja.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Greninja needs a Strider Hiryu inspired color palette.

We have Mega Man so why not have some more Capcom love??

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Thank goodness he does. Imagine having Roy/Chrom costume for Marth... I have nothing against them but... just, no. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
There is a difference between an alternate costume and alternate colors. I mean Mario has Wario's colors but that's not considered and alternate costume. Neither should Peach with Daisy's colors or Luigi with Waluigi's colors.

Now, on to my actual suggestions.

Kirby: Classic Boxart Kirby
Yes the white Kirby from the first game. His face is distinctively different too!

Charizard: Training Gear
Charizard wears the Macho Brace item as well as the Power Bands around his wrists and ankles.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shiek could possibly have Impa as an alternate costume, now that Shiek is separate.
*sigh* I guess so...

If it's gonna be Ocarina of Time Impa though, I'd rather not have it. I've been kicked in the nuts more than enough about this whole issue I think...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
*sigh* I guess so...

If it's gonna be Ocarina of Time Impa though, I'd rather not have it. I've been kicked in the nuts more than enough about this whole issue I think..
Sorry homie,
Sad thing is, there was no real reason why we couldn't have Impa, especially now that Zelda and Shiek are seperate. but it's all spilt milk at this point.

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Marcus would be a great fox costume after james because overall he looks a lot different.
Who wouldnt want James though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well wince other m ridley is a lock if playable, (which is likely in some views.)

So ridleys alternates could be

"Super metroid ridley"

"Meta ridley"

Pretty much the best options for ridley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom