• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official #47 Detective Club

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I think it just means the number of playable characters is already hacked, so there could be more fighters in future PM versions. Those Majora theories could be true, but I don't believe them that much.

splat

Smash Lord
I think it just means the number of playable characters is already hacked, so there could be more fighters in future PM versions.
Theoretically: even if that was true, why would they announce it already? I mean, there's still 5 slots to be filled before slot 47 is even needed. Out of these two situations, which one would garner more hype?
  1. Announce it before the clone engine slots are filled: "Hey guys, just so you know, we found a way to add even more characters. You'll just have to wait a year or two before the roster is filled so we can use this new code."
  2. Wait until the clone engine slots are filled and put out a trailer: "You thought we were done? Nope! Character #47, baby!"
On the number itself: I can't help but feel like it's something logistic that's received some sort of memetic status and is used by the PMBR for fun. Like the 47th shot of the video was supposed to go there, the 47th official Project M video, or something like that.

profetylen

Smash Rookie
Silver is the 47:th element in the periodic table of elements. Cobalt is the editor of that video, and is himself an element, so he probably knows the other elements.

Silver the hedgehog confirmed????????????????????

Last edited:

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
47 is about neglect and repentance, it is not something for everyone but those who can take advantage of it will appreciate it greatly

Last edited:

muleet

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it is a 47th character that no one is expecting, but whose existence would be considered as legit by everyone, in PM.
Reggie !

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
^ You can't put him in, Reggie's body is too ready for Smash.

profetylen

Smash Rookie
Hmmm. Trophy number 47 is Waddle Dee army...

Waddle Dee, huh? or many an army of them? Ice Climbers x 5? Interesting, PMBR!!!

Last edited:

Master WGS

Smash Lord
You're all crazy.

47 is actually supposed to be 4*7, which equals 28.

2+8=10.

10 could also be 1.0

The first non-demo version of Project M is soon upon us.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I've got it. 4 stand for 4.0, the next version of Project M. 7 is the total number of characters that will have been added (Including Roy and Mewtwo). #47 means that the next demo will fill every Clone spot.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I've got it. 4 stand for 4.0, the next version of Project M. 7 is the total number of characters that will have been added (Including Roy and Mewtwo). #47 means that the next demo will fill every Clone spot.
WOA. DATS FREAKING CRAZY BUT PLAUSIBLE!!! :o

kchamp523

Smash Cadet
I think I'll probably go with this.

Or maybe like people have said, the PMBR has found a way to implement more characters than the current maximum 46, but I can't see why they would reveal that now unless they want to keep this #47 going for like another year.

profetylen

Smash Rookie
New (old) idea.

In their latest #47-video (youtube.com/watch?v=fnoBDZM0zQg), they ask us "Did you catch that?" just after #47 has been shown. "Catch" may be a pokémon reference, so it is Parasect after all...............................................

Last edited:
Top Bottom