• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Ohio Thread

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey guys, we're going to be meeting in the South Lounge (That big lobby) of the Student Union at 8:00 tonight!

Also, we need Wiis tonight. TV's and power strips if you can bring them

Park on Pelham Road across the street from campus and walk down if you're worried about a parking ticket on campus.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Super Duper Fun Time 7 Results​

Date: 11/10/10

-We only had a Brawl tournament tonight to help prepare for BASHDay and to help a few people learn Melee tech skill.

Brawl

1. DarkLouis :wolf: :snake: :diddy: ($1,000,000)
2. Raider88 :wolf: :olimar: ($500,000)
3. SharkAttack :yoshi2: ($167,000)
4. Dr. D :ike: :dk2:
5. ZachIsAsian :yoshi2: (Had to leave early)
5. Noctournez :marth: :falco: :pt:
7. DanS1 :olimar: :pikachu2:
7. Kev :lucas:
9. Ebert :random:
9. Casey :zerosuitsamus:

Shoutouts:

1. DarkLouis- Livin' the rich life now with all that $1,000,000 prize money. lol

2. Raider88- Wolf pack in the top 2. *Pounds fist* I should show you some tricksies at BASHDay this Friday. You had some good combos going in grand finals. :p

3. SharkAttack- See? You're really improving. Congrats on beating some tough opponents tonight!

4. Dr. D- Gosh dang it Wes, you don't even like Brawl.

5. ZachIsAsian- Good stuff as always. Just graduate already, geeze. lol

5. Noctournez- It was really good seeing you again after so long! :D You'll get it back in Brawl soon and your Falco in Melee is good.

7. DanS1- Looks like you had an off day. Happens to everyone, like me last Saturday. lol Wes definitely knows alot about Smash and you had to face Raider pretty early.

7. Kev- Good to see you come out again today! You had some good moments in our set.

9. Ebert- Your Jigglypuff is really getting better in Melee. If you could learn a few more technical things, I can see your Jiggs being pretty scary in the bash office. :p

9. Casey- Where'd you go tonight man? D: You had to forfeit. lol

~Good luck to everyone who comes to BASHDay this Friday!

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Woot Woot I got $167,000 lol

Anyways this was fun tonight. Once again I got to take on opponents with characters I've never really faced before (Pokemón Trainer, DK). I'm looking forward to Bashday. I bet if the trend continues I'll face a Ganon or Cpt Falcon or something.

A few shoutouts:

Dr. D: Those were some intenses matches in our two awsome sets. Your Ike and DK had me worried. Just one big DK punch and you would have had the set.

Raider 88. Tough Wolf as always. It's never easy and never will be; however it's always fun and always will be.

Noctournez: Awsome set. Your Marth is great. I was on the edge the whole time. In fact I was against PK Trainer and even Falco. I've never battled another PK Trainer so that was interesting. Falco is never easy, especially when getting chaingrabbed.

Louis: Awsome friendlies at the end. I really learned a lot from those. You definately helped me with my game speed in that short amount of time.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
This was fun...I may come to these more often. I think I misplaced my $500,000 though D:

@SharkAttack - you did get to face a Ganon lol (not really)

@Louis - *howl*

CptDiabetes

Smash Cadet
louis. ann arbor sucks. were never going back there again. EVAR. and brawl isnt even a good game

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey guys, we're meeting at 9:00ish tomorrow night either in the South Lounge or Room 2574. Hope to see you there!

We need Wiis again! D:

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Cool I'll be there. I'll also bring my Wii and Brawl as well as long as you have a television for it.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Super Duper Fun Teams - Melee
11/17/10​

Round Robin Bracket - Top 2 go to Grand Finals

1. (10-1) Team Cigarettes: Quaa :falcon: & Crash :ganondorf:
2. (9-3) Team Applesauce: DarkLouis :falco: & Ebert :jigglypuff:
3. (7-5) Team V@g!n@ Nuts: Dr. D :dk2: :ganondorf: & DaveForShort :marth:
4. (5-6) Team Four Swords: Coca :marth: & Jasmine :link2:
5. (2-8) Team Banana Sluts: DanS1 :drmario: & Nick :ness2:
6. (0-10) Team Chu: Pikachu guy :pikachu2: & Pichu guy :pichu:

Fun time again everyone. :) Sorry we lost the huge 1.5 million dollar prize pot tonight. No Brawl tourney due to alot of Brawl people missing tonight. lol

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
This tournament looked like it was a blast. I couldn't make it afterall because I had family over and had to do a couple of things. Will there be a Smashfest next week? There are no classes at UT, but is the whole campus shut down?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Apparently it'll still be open. We'll see. Also, there won't be any SoS during Christmas Break. :C We'll be starting again right when 2nd Semester starts.

Also, Waffle House afterward will probably be a regular thing. :D

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey guys, we're going to meet at 8:00 in Room 1505 tomorrow. Attendance will probably be lower since people are going home for break.

I will be there around 9:00 because of work.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I don't know if I'll be there tomorrow or not. I'd like to be, but I got a lot of schoolwork that is due next week. Overall don't look for me, but I might be there.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Super Duper Fun Time 9 Results

2 entrants

1. Jim the Renegade BackSlasher :kirby2: ($1,000,000)

2. DarkLouis :falco: ($0)

My bad. Alot of people said it would be closing on Thursday. Guess they closed it earlier than I thought. :(

We'll be meeting 2 more times before Xmas break starting next Wednesday though!

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey guys, we're meeting tomorrow in the South Lounge!

Orchestra might be dumb and I have a chance of getting there late at 8:30-9:00.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Looks like the one school of smash I attended might be my last (at least for awhile). I'm working Monday through Friday until kind of late.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Looks like the one school of smash I attended might be my last (at least for awhile). I'm working Monday through Friday until kind of late.
Bummer. We are thinking about changing the day of SoS next semester to a possible better day (for everyone) than Wednesday.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Very pleased with the good turnout despite finals coming up. :)

Super Duper Fun Time 9 Results
(I forgot which one we're on to be honest.)

MELEE

1. DarkLouis :falco: ($1,000,000)
2. Quaa :falcon: :marth: ($500,000)
3. Dr. D :dk2: :drmario: :ganondorf: ($167,000)
4. Kev :sheik:
5. Crash :fox:
5. DanS1 :drmario:
7. Jasmine :sheik:
7. Matt (1st appearance) :ness2:
9. Bobby :pichu:
9. Epic :samus2:
13. Ebert :jigglypuff:
13. Nick :sheik:

BRAWL

1. DarkLouis :wario: ($1,000,000)
2. DanS1 :pikachu2: ($500,000)
3. Ebert :diddy: ($167,000)
3. Jasmine :sheik: :toonlink:
5. Bobby :zelda: :dedede:
5. Nick :random:
5. Epic :ike:
5. Kev :lucas:
9. Dr. D :dk2: :dedede:

Shoutouts later...I really need sleep for the next 2 days ahead. :C

ALSO:

What would you guys like to see improved for School of Smash next semester? Do you think that the tournaments are taking too much time and keeping you from you getting better? Would you like to see more free-play setups? Do you hate Wednesdays? We can accept criticism (and compliments.). Don't by shy and we can only think more of you for helping making SoS more awesome next semester. :p

(There will be 1 or 2 more School of Smashes this semester, btw. :p)

And yet more notes...

And we're pretty sure we're going to be talking to BASH about a Melee AND Brawl tournament around mid-late January. It seemed like the rest of the guys leading SoS would rather do it through BASH to raise money for charity/to support the club. So it looks like the Winter is going to be eventful for Toledo with that and BASHCon. So in that case, I might ask a local venue around the area later on during the spring/summer to host tournaments for actual cash.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Ahh another SoS I missed. I hadn't gotten any sleep the past 2 days and was just spent. I came home from class and crashed. I also had to be up at 6 AM this morning.

I should be able to make the next one. All my heavy school work is done besides studying for finals.

Comments for School of Smash:

Tournament play is fun, however it should only be done if there are quite a few setups. There should always be 1-2 tv's for freeplay for Melee and Brawl. If so than a 3rd tv for a tournament is good. It would be boring for others to sit around. I wouldn't ban the tournament idea though because if you've got the mindset of an actual tournament setup when participating in it than it helps you a lot mentally come the actual tournament.

I like having it on Wednesday nights personally, because it fits best into my schedule (Yet I've only been to two.) Tuesday's and Thursday's would not work for me and you would likely get the same problem with others on those days like you do on Wednesdays because it's a weekday. Fridays and Saturdays would be cool, but you might run into other people having to do other things on the weekend. Are Sunday's good? (Likely not during the NFL season, especially playoffs). I'm not sure if the Union would be open late anyways. I don't Are Monday's just like any other day of the week? I don't know. Maybe have a poll lol.

Oh yeah, and of course don't change the cash prize amounts. It's fun to go for that $1,000,000!

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Yeah, if we could get Quaa and Dr. D to unlock everything on their Brawl game, that would be great. There are more TV's in the Union that we could've rented out, but didn't this semester.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Meeting tomorrow at 8:00 in the South Lounge. We will be doing teams for Melee and probably singles for Brawl.

I shall be late again. Band Johns once again. >_>

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'll be there this time. You can even stamp it in your travel book. (Bad pun). Anyways I'll bring along a setup so more people can get down on freeplay. Depending on when my class ends I'll either be there at 8:00 or a little later such as 8:15.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'll be there this time. You can even stamp it in your travel book. (Bad pun). Anyways I'll bring along a setup so more people can get down on freeplay. Depending on when my class ends I'll either be there at 8:00 or a little later such as 8:15.
I'll be there around 9:00 tonight.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Super Duper Fun Time 10 Results​

Melee Dubs​

Grand Finals: Team Cigarettes beats Team Applesauce 3-1

0. Brad Falcon :falcon: (Said he didn't want his prize money.)

1. Team Cigarettes (7-0; 14-1) - Quaa :falcon: & Crash :ganondorf: ($1,000,000)
2. Team Applesauce (6-1; 13-3) - DarkLouis :falco: :popo: & Ebert :jigglypuff: :fox: :popo: ($500,000)
3. Team Four (5-2; 10-6) - Dr. D :drmario: :pikachu2: :ganondorf: :dk2: & Bob :samus2: :pichu: ($167,000)
4. Team Man (4-3; 8-6) - Coca :ganondorf: :marth: & Yau-weh :zelda:
5. Team Venture (2-5; 7-11) - DanS1 :drmario: & Venture Man :ness2: :falco:
6. Team *****y Ninjas (1-5; 2-11) - Jasmine :sheik: & Kev :sheik:
6. Team Mad Dawg (1-5; 4-11) - Sharkattack :peach: & Raider88 :jigglypuff:
8. Team Monkey ***** (0-5; 1-10) - DaveForShort :marth: :falco: & Courtney :marth:

~17 people tonight. Good showing, folks. We will be having one next week. But for those of you going back home before Wednesday, have a fun and safe break. We will not be having SoS on the days of 12/22, 12/29, and 1/5. We'll be resuming the week classes are back in session at UT.

Huge Note​
-We may be having SoS on Tuesday nights next semester. It is really the only night that works for a vast number of people and the hosts. If alot of people come to me with problems about that day, I can talk with the other organizers about another day.

Other notes
-People have given us a few suggestions. Thanks to those who have. :)

-It would be nice to have more TV's for free play
-More organized "lessons" for how to play Melee.

We'll definitely be tweaking a few things to make this better next semester. Also, a group of us are investing in a recording device. So expect that very soon...which means making our own youtube channel and possibly even livestreaming. :D

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
This was fun. I've never done a round robin with Smash before and it was a unique experience. In relation to sports Tournaments = Playoffs and Round Robin = Season.

I was on team Mad Dawg and it's safe to say my team didn't make the playoffs. Maybe next season (next week) lol.

These were some great games overall. I haven't had this much fun playing Melee in quite a long time. I'm going to be glad to get into it again. All it needed was a thriving scene.

I also played quite a bit of Brawl friendlies that were fun as well.

DannyJS1

Smash Rookie
Luckily I had a better partner for teams this time. 'Twas fun times.

...But Tuesday nights are not that great for me. I have a lab class on Tuesdays for Programmable Controller Fundamentals until 8:45pm at the latest it can last, and I have no idea how long it'll take me to complete them. I'll probably be late most of the time.

Wednesdays or Thursdays would work best for me, though. But we'll just have to wait and see. I will come next week, though, since I have no finals except on Monday.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Luckily I had a better partner for teams this time. 'Twas fun times.

...But Tuesday nights are not that great for me. I have a lab class on Tuesdays for Programmable Controller Fundamentals until 8:45pm at the latest it can last, and I have no idea how long it'll take me to complete them. I'll probably be late most of the time.

Wednesdays or Thursdays would work best for me, though. But we'll just have to wait and see. I will come next week, though, since I have no finals except on Monday.
People could change their schedules around before the semester begins. So we'll see how it goes. Labs usually don't go until the end time, or so I've heard.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Labs are kind of wierd. Some do go the whole time such as organic chemistry and others don't for the most part such as general chemistry. Then again when I took a general chemistry lab my freshman year I was horrible and always messed something up. Either my funnel was too wide and I would fail to separate two elements or miss a simple step in the procedures. I was always the last one in the lab, even on a day where it fell on my birthday lol.

Wow, chemistry in a Smash thread. Anyways hopefully the best schedule possible will work out for everyone. This reminds me a little bit like that South Park episode I saw many years ago where the towns people are discussing what day to take action about something and not one day works out for anyone. That would be horrible if that was the situation with School of Smash.

I already stated what days would likely work or not work for me earlier in this thread, but do not base days at all from what I stated. With gradate school and work I might not show up quite a few weeks next semester no matter what day School of Smash is. So far this semester I've only made 3 out of 7 or something like that.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Good news. We officially ordered a recording device to record matches. We'll be making our own Youtube Channel when we feel it's appropriate and having possible livestreams.

:D

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
It's all good, SharkAttack. :) We'll see you after Winter Break.

The recording device we got is up and running tonight!

We're trying to get the Youtube Channel to work, but currently waiting for the verification e-mail to work. x_X

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
FINAL DUPER FUN TIME OF THE SEMESTER

Melee Singles

0. Brad Falcon :falcon: ($1,000,000,000,000)
1. Quaa :falcon: ($1,000,000,000)
2. Lous :falco: ($500,000)
3. Dr. D :dk2: ($167,000)
4. DanS1 :drmario: :marth:
5. Kev :sheik:
5. Ebert :jigglypuff: :popo:
7. Courtney :marth:
7. DaveForShort :marth: :falco:
9. Jasmine :sheik:

Congrats to Quaa for winning the 1 billion dollar prize. ( :'( )

Fun semester everyone. School of Smash was AWESOME. See you when we get back from break. :D

VIDS OF THIS SUPER DUPER FUN TIME WILL BE UPLOADED SOON. :D

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Interesting School of Smash by the looks of it. Hard to believe the next one is over 3 weeks away (well next year). I definately thank everyone who runs it (Quaa, Louis, Dr. D, Brad Falcon) Even though I've only been to three so far they've all been blast.

Happy Holidays

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
More people would be awesome. We only got Melee vids this week, but we'll try to get some Brawl in next time.

We need people to bring setups if we want this to be big.

Btw, Quaa will be uploading a few vids soon to the channel. If that doesn't happen, then we'll have the vids up around the 29th because Quaa is going out of town from now until Christmas.

Top Bottom