• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Ohio Thread

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Toledo/NW Ohio Smash

Active and Inactive Players

Melee

Active
DarkLouis :foxmelee:
Cpt. Cleveland (Quaa) :falconmelee: :roymelee:
MB-Smash :sheikmelee: :foxmelee:
tmtmny :ganonmelee:
Ruemaster :gwmelee:
1der :foxmelee: :mariomelee:

Inactive (We see them every once in awhile. :p)
Dr. D :dkmelee: :nessmelee:
B-Ryan :marthmelee:
Raider88 :sheikmelee:
DaveForShort :sheikmelee:

Brawl

Active
Syco :olimar:
Smoke :metaknight:

Inactive
DarkLouis :wolf: :snake:

Current Smashfests
Lous House - Wednesdays @ 9:00ish
MB-Smash's House - Whenever we feel like it
Cpt. Cleveland's House - Whenever we feel like it

Upcoming Tournaments
SWEET IX (Cpt. Cleveland, tmtmny, Ruemaster)
Goast House (DarkLouis, Cpt. Cleveland, ?)

Media/Videos
www.youtube.com/UTSchoolofSmash
http://www.justin.tv/superduperlous - Lous House Stream on Wednesday nights (Hopefully)

Last edited:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Fridays are bad days for us, and we don't want to interfere with tournaments that we might go to on Saturday.

Hopefully you can make it out someday though. D:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Look forward to seeing you there, Lain! Bring the AA crew if you'd like. And there will be others, Tech. lol

Not expecting the turnout to be super-huge tomorrow, but once we get fliers made, the turnout should get bigger.

I'll probably be a tad late tomorrow btw. I'll be coming from a band concert and getting my TV and crap from the car.

I'll be unavailable from 6:30-8:00, so don't call me. Call Dr. D lol

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey guys, we're going to be meeting in the South Lounge tonight. It's on the 2nd floor of the Student Union. You'll see a bunch of fancy couches and chairs. It's a really nice place.

The turnout could be huge since we're out in the open instead of in a room. lmao

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Just a few more hours. Call Dr. D if you have any questions. I have a band concert until 8:00 tonight...which means I will be without a phone.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
This was fun tonight. In Brawl I got to try my Link in some doubles matches and overall did alright.

The Toledo scene is getting better. It was fun taking on friendlies and then the mini-tournament that went down.

Thank you Louis for informing me about these Smashfests.

The melee tournament was fun. Got to give shoutouts to Brad Falcon for that intense opening round set. It went to a game 3 and down to the wire. That set was longer than a Brawl set for some reason.

In the second match I got taken to church by ....Ahh I forgot your name. He was the one looking for his controller all night. I got 4 stocked and then 3 stocked. Talk about ownage.

Good job Coca for knocking me out of the Melee tournament. Your Marth dominated as well.

In the Brawl tournament I played some close matches.

Good job Dan for winning that intense set. You got a good Olimar.

Good job Kevin for defeating me with Lucas.

I learned a lot and had fun at the same time.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Thanks everyone for coming tonight and for helping with stuff! More setups would be nice next time, though we did just fine with 5 tonight.

No worries to those who didn't make it. Wednesdays are a pain as far as travelling goes tbh.

There were alot more people than I thought there would be. :o We had about 20 tonight. 6 ppl in the Brawl tourney and 11ish in Melee. (Not all at once.)

We're doing this every Wednesday, but it's starting at 9:00 until midnight next week. We get kicked out of the Union at midnight. :[

I'm in the process of uploading everything. lol

TIO file got corrupted. :( I don't have images of the bracket. But here are the partial results:

Super Duper Fun Time 4: The Real Fun ****

BRAWL: 6 entrants

1. DarkLouis :wolf: :snake: :diddy: ($1,000,000)
2. DanS1 :olimar: :pikachu: :rob: ($500,000)
3. Kev :ike: :lucas: ($167,000)
4. Isean :luigi2: :lucario:
5. Sharkattack :yoshi2:
5. Jared(?) :random:

MELEE: 11ish entrants (Did not finish...got to losers finals and then we had to stop.)

1. Quaa :falcon: (went to GF's undefeated) ($1,000,000)
2/3. DarkLouis :falco: :bowser2: ($333,333)
2/3. Mitch :random: ($333,333)
4. Dr. D :drmario: :dk2: :jigglypuff:
5. (I don't remember back after this. Sorry guys.) ;(

Nah, this was just a free tourney. Unfortunately, none of us got any richer off of this.

Shoutouts:
Quaa - You suck at this game. You don't even know how to play Falcon. lol

Dr. D - You suck at this game. You should stick to 1 or 2 characters.

Bobby - It takes gut to play Pichu. Mad props.

DanS1 - I can see you getting better, man. You just have to play Olimar more campy and make me rage at you. Stick to one or two characters. Don't try to look at matchups too much, go with who you're more confident playing as.

Isean - Fun set!

SharkAttack - You'll get better. I can see it. You got pretty far at BashCon last year, so I can definitely see you improving. We'll have to get some hardcore friendlies in next week.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Sounds like a good time. I'll have to make it to one of these before the UT tourney. Also, I'd like a shot at that million dollar prize :D

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Sounds like a good time. I'll have to make it to one of these before the UT tourney. Also, I'd like a shot at that million dollar prize :D
It is a good time. :p Hopefully the attendance will keep up. I think we're going to post fliers around the school this week. Though I'm not sure if we're going to have enough setups all the time to actually complete tournaments. D:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey, we got fliers up yesterday. Hopefully there's an even bigger turnout than last week's.

Bumpa bump.

9:00 tomorrow. Probably a little earlier.

CptDiabetes

Smash Cadet
well...our original plan to setting this up was to fit the schedules of louis, myself, and one of the other founders. My name is Wes, btw, for those of you who dont know me.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Yeah, all 5 of us met on Wednesday nights at Quaa's place before we started this.

It might change next semester to Fridays or something. We'll see.

DannyJS1

Smash Rookie
Hey, Dan here.

Although I have a midterm on this Wednesday, I'll still be able to come since it's at 5:30. Hopefully more people will show up.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Look forward to seeing you there. Good luck on the exam. More people should come straight from the BASH meeting and since we got fliers up.

Also, we desperately need Wiis with Brawl and all the characters/stages. I may set aside a TV for 1v1's and others for ffa's/dubs for Brawl/Melee tomorrow.

Bring your own controllers. :p

Super Duper Fun Time will be likely to start very quickly at 9:00 if we have one. (At least for Melee.)

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey everyone. If you're coming, we're meeting in room 2574 tonight. It's kind of small, but it should do.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I might come tonight. I've got a couple things I need to take care of that could get in the way of the Smashfest.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Ahh, I won't be there tonight afterall. Sorry everyone. I should be able to come next week.

It would have been awsome getting down on some friendlies. Hopefully next week I can get a couple of friends to come.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Thanks everyone for coming out tonight. Good to see some new and old faces. Definitely a great time despite starting late. Melee Grand Finals was epic.

Waffle House was awesome too. And we're still smashing at Quaa's place. lmao

Anyways....

Super Duper Fun Time 5 Results​

Melee

1. DarkLouis :falco: ($1,000,000) (Won first grand finals 3-1, won 2nd set 3-2)
2. Quaa :falcon: :marth: :falco: ($500,000)
3. Dr. D :ganondorf: :jigglypuff: :dk2: ($167,000)
4. Bobby :pichu: :yoshi2:
5. BYOB (Mitch) :peach:
5. Crash :fox: :falcon:
7. DanS1 :drmario:
7. David :marth:
9. Greutman :gw:
9. Matt Ebert :jigglypuff:

Brawl

1. DarkLouis :wolf: :snake: ($1,000,000)
2. DanS1 :olimar: ($500,000)
3. ZachIsAsian (had to leave, got to losers' finals) :yoshi2: (Left without taking prize money, so we just burned it.)
4. Jasmine :sheik: :toonlink:
5. Kev :lucas:
5. Mark :lucario: :sonic:

Shoutouts:

Quaa - You suck. You don't even know how to play Falcon. :p Nah seriously, that was probably the most epic grand finals set I've ever played even though this thing was just for fun. To help you prepare for my beating next week, I kept getting you with Falco's Bairs. ;)

Wes - You suck. You don't even know how to play Ganondorf. lmao Nice set. I was kinda scared at first lol

ZachIsAsian - Really good to see you again! It's a shame you had to leave. I'm sure everything is going to come back to you once you start playing regularly.

Jasmine - Fun set. :p

Matt Ebert - You got bracket screwed. Dan and Crash are pretty good players...hopefully we can show you some things at the BASH office. I'm glad to hear you want to get better.

DanS1 - Good set as always. Grand Finals club again. :p

David - I'm happy you're getting better right now at the apartment. :p Nice playing you.

BYOB - Your Peach is legit!

Crash - Hope you get back in your rhythm. You're good, we all know it.

Pics

CptDiabetes

Smash Cadet
Oh yea...derp. So, as much as it kills me to say, i dont think i can give mitch rides anymore. Between wednesday and thursday, i managed to drive 145-155 miles. In 2 days.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Oh yea...derp. So, as much as it kills me to say, i dont think i can give mitch rides anymore. Between wednesday and thursday, i managed to drive 145-155 miles. In 2 days.
:C Yeah, I knew you were putting a heck of alot of time and miles into driving everywhere. D:

zachisasian

Smash Rookie
yeah gg's louis. it's going to be great once we start trading games back and forth again. i hope it doesn't take too long for that to happen.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Next meeting is this Wednesday at 8:00 p.m. somewhere in the Student Union!

Hope to see some new faces. And hope to see some old faces wreck **** even harder. >: D

We'll be teaching Melee to the new players who want to get better. The lesson will involve L-cancelling, short-hopping, and fast-falling.

I'll be 10 mins late to this one.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
If you do come, try to come to the ones meeting at 8:00 p.m., bc we get kicked out at midnight. D:

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'm in after last week's fallout. Definately need that extra day of practice before the big tounament on Friday. I also want to bust out a couple of other commrades I've been using, but I doubt I'm anything near tournament ready with them.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey guys, we need Wiis + Brawl this week! That is if we want Super Duper Fun Time for Brawl to run efficiently and have some free play available.

I think we're meeting in the South Lounge tomorrow btw. :)

Top Bottom