• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The No Frame Laser.

aquteen

Smash Ace
It is usefull... Just press b sometime before you hit the grounnd It takes a little while but it's not that hard to get the timing right. You will know when you have done it because the laser dose not make a sound when fired.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
um, that is the silent laser when doing the SHL/SHDL within a certain timing. its pretty known but hard to achieve. Its like trying to do the real short hop laser but you have to wait a little longer than normal and the second laser will be at true grounded laser height without the lag.

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
I've been doing this for a while

really cool, you can follow it with a lot of different things

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Quite old, but if so many people have forgotten it then I suppose it's good that this thread is here.

First, I'd like to reiterate that you can frame skip laser in SHDL. Bet you didn't know that, huh? Yes, you can rush in with a SHDL and still pull off a laser with skipped shooting/recovering/landing frames. You just need to get the timing right.

Second, this has much use. Empty SHs into FS laser which may confuse your opponent and give them enough hitstun for your completely lagless self to then rush in with a SH dair-dthrow combo, a boost smash or perhaps even Fsmash (depending on damage and the character you're fighting). It's a very good psychological warfare tactic.

nonamedn00b

Smash Cadet
I have a question about the double laser. Is it supposed to be one laser on the way up and one on the way down or one at the peak and on halfway through falling?

Vro

Smash Lord
It's just timing. Retreating shouldn't make a difference because you stop horizontal momentum when you fire lasers.

Repulse X

Smash Apprentice
people are still doin shdl when their opponent is on the ground?

i never saw why....im thinkin that shdl is only useful for when theyre actually in the air

Blad01

Smash Lord
people are still doin shdl when their opponent is on the ground?

i never saw why....im thinkin that shdl is only useful for when theyre actually in the air
SHDL and SHL are clearly different.

But SHDL is not only useful when the opponent is in the air. When he's far from you, he will maybe jump (that depends on who the character is). With the SHDL, you can easily pressure him while he's trying to :

1. Jump
2. Run towards you.

Daredevil

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing,too. I finally got the hang of it. This would greatly help me while fighting any metaknight users.

Ororon

Smash Rookie
I was actually practicing this before i saw this thread. It helped me to practice in slow motion and find out when to hit the b button. Its during the shorthop when falco is turned so you can't see his face. At least I think thats the proper timing.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
........yea

when he does the little spin before he hits the ground press B to do Silent Short Hop Laser.

With SHDL, just delay the first laser like a very very brief moment so the second laser reaches the hight point to make it silent.

Top Bottom