• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-The NNID Sharing Thread: Find opponents here!-

Sonsa

Smash Champion
GGs! Always nice to test some customs (now I know mine are really that good ahaha! Real proud of my Ganon) but the lag doesn't seem to be getting any better, and sometimes it misses some crucial inputs so let's try again another time.

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
GGs! Always nice to test some customs (now I know mine are really that good ahaha! Real proud of my Ganon) but the lag doesn't seem to be getting any better, and sometimes it misses some crucial inputs so let's try again another time.
yeah the lag was annoying sometimes. I think I need to find a new main though. im just not feelin it with shulk. maybe I should main dunk hunt.. good games though

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
Be on in a sec
@ Sonsa Sonsa
Your defensive play was top notch.... thats about all i can say. Im convinced if you werent constantly picking a map to synergize with your villager, i could handle it. For some reason though it never took my counterpick and by the time it did you would switch to another character :/

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
@ Sonsa Sonsa
Your defensive play was top notch.... thats about all i can say. Im convinced if you werent constantly picking a map to synergize with your villager, i could handle it. For some reason though it never took my counterpick and by the time it did you would switch to another character :/
Oh, sorry, didnt know thats what we were going for! Villager's my main, but it felt kind of... I dunno what the matchup of Villager to Ganondorf is, but it seems difficult for Ganon to get past that wall, and I had looots of characters I wanted to practice getting them to higher levels. I think my Luigi is good enough to be a pocket character, what do you think? Greninja too? Rosalina needs work. Anyway, ggs, didnt know Ganon's upsmash had nearly nonexistant endlag! I gatta break my habits like jumping off the ledge almost every time.

Jibbysmack

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jibbysmack
Hi all,

I'm looking to improve my Samus and Robin. I've been getting absolutely wrecked playing For Glory lately, some really good players in there. I'd like to practice with someone who could offer some feedback afterward, or even during if anyone is willing to Skype.

NNID: Jibbysmack

I'm not a tournament player but I like playing with those rules (no items, legal stages etc), although I don't know what the Smash 4 rules are yet. We can wing it.

Thanks.

croissanwish

Smash Cadet
Hi all,

I'm looking to improve my Samus and Robin. I've been getting absolutely wrecked playing For Glory lately, some really good players in there. I'd like to practice with someone who could offer some feedback afterward, or even during if anyone is willing to Skype.

NNID: Jibbysmack

I'm not a tournament player but I like playing with those rules (no items, legal stages etc), although I don't know what the Smash 4 rules are yet. We can wing it.

Thanks.
I'll be willing to play ya. I'm far from an expert, but I can give you a few pointers. I'll set up a room nao

EDIT: @ Jibbysmack Jibbysmack You're a lot better than me lol. But The only thing I would comment on is your rolls. You roll into your enimies a lot. That's why I was able to score some grabs on ya. Any pointers for me?? I feel as though I did a lot of redundant stuff.

Last edited:

Jibbysmack

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jibbysmack
I'll be willing to play ya. I'm far from an expert, but I can give you a few pointers. I'll set up a room nao
Cool. Booting up the game now.

@ croissanwish croissanwish Thanks. I also got the feeling that I was too frantic with those rolls.

Our matches were very close, I had to work for those kills. I don't know much about Villager but I would
suggest trying to use the pocket more. I thought I saw you pocket a charge shot once but it never came out afterward. When I thought you had it I was expecting the worst, you could really use that to mess with someone's head. You were great with that rocket thing, it interrupted a lot of the setups I was going for, and I don't know how you recovered from some of the places you did but you always made it back, that was really good.

I was going to say be careful about going too far off the ledge looking for a kill, but you always made it back. I think one thing we both could work on is that we missed a few easy punishes. I think we have to work harder to see those moments coming and make the opponent pay for it. I played online with someone earlier in For Glory, and out of maybe 30 or so matches, I only won once. He capitalized on every single mistake I made.

I'm awful at giving tips, sorry.

Last edited:

croissanwish

Smash Cadet
@ Jibbysmack Jibbysmack ya villagers recovery is insane. I'm bad at punishing too. You're right, we did have a lot of easy punishes. If we could improve on that, it would help our game tremendously.

I agree. I'll be down to play again sometime. I still have a room open if anyone wants to join

Last edited:

Blacktimusprime

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some active practice partners. I am a captain falcon main with game and watch as my side character. I am trying to get into smash 4 and (hopefully) melee soon. I would really appreciate anyone who's willing to help. I am personally having alot of issues with alot of things (characters, trying to get in, reads). I dont actively go into for glory but I do every now and then. I mostly play lan with friends practicing and trying to beat my bad habits. If anyone is willing/wanting to practice with me or looking for some please let me know by messaging me.

My ID is Blacktimusprime and would love some help with any match ups, critique, and anything else that can be had or said to help improve my play. Especially with fighting luigi's lol.

D

Deleted member

Any East coasters online right now and want some late night games?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yup! NJ! Wanna spar? I want to practice some advanced Villager and Greninja techniques!
Sure. I just picked up Rosalina and want to practice with her as well, so I might not do too good during our matches. Is that OK with you?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Sure. I just picked up Rosalina and want to practice with her as well, so I might not do too good during our matches. Is that OK with you?
Sure, no prob! I think it'll be a learning experience for both of us!

D

Deleted member

Sure, no prob! I think it'll be a learning experience for both of us!
GGs. My game pad is gonna die so I'm gonna let it charge.

Edit: Nice Villager by the way, definitely the best one I've played yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
Oh sorry! I was doing some advanced Villager tech research help... stuff... I made two 10 second long videos. But I'm free now!
Alright, i sent you a FR. I'll put the room up

edit: room is now up

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Alright, i sent you a FR. I'll put the room up

edit: room is now up
GGs! You're pretty darn good. I just get so discouraged when I fall for obvious stuff that it's difficult to keep playing... Like, I get treated like an idiot and it works cause I am one, hard not to want to give up. But maybe I can get better and fight ya again. Ya have any advice for me?

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
GGs! You're pretty darn good. I just get so discouraged when I fall for obvious stuff that it's difficult to keep playing... Like, I get treated like an idiot and it works cause I am one, hard not to want to give up. But maybe I can get better and fight ya again. Ya have any advice for me?
Whenever you lose a stock to a punish that happens more than once in a certain way, like bowser bombing over the tree vs. villager, take note of that and vary your approach a little since I have no reason to discontinue what I'm doing if it's working. You have the same pattern of regrabbing the ledge to shoot fairs to get back on which led to a few fsamshes from bowser taking stocks unnecessarily.

Whenever you're getting pressured like that always try to reset the position to neutral as quickly as possible as that's the key to winning as Villager vs. pressure heavy characters like Yoshi and bowser. That goes for spot-dodging and rolling as well.

GG's, I like the use of bowling balls on the ledge which took many a stock. Just don't use it too much as it leaves you open to grabs or predicted back rolls into something nasty like a charged up-smash.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Whenever you lose a stock to a punish that happens more than once in a certain way, like bowser bombing over the tree vs. villager, take note of that and vary your approach a little since I have no reason to discontinue what I'm doing if it's working. You have the same pattern of regrabbing the ledge to shoot fairs to get back on which led to a few fsamshes from bowser taking stocks unnecessarily.

Whenever you're getting pressured like that always try to reset the position to neutral as quickly as possible as that's the key to winning as Villager vs. pressure heavy characters like Yoshi and bowser. That goes for spot-dodging and rolling as well.

GG's, I like the use of bowling balls on the ledge which took many a stock. Just don't use it too much as it leaves you open to grabs or predicted back rolls into something nasty like a charged up-smash.
Gotcha, I tried switching it up, but definitely not enough. Yesterday I couldnt stop jumping up and kept getting punished, so today I did more of the fairs. Just need more practice I guess. What about my Luigi and Greninja?

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
Gotcha, I tried switching it up, but definitely not enough. Yesterday I couldnt stop jumping up and kept getting punished, so today I did more of the fairs. Just need more practice I guess. What about my Luigi and Greninja?
For greninja I felt you used his side-b too much and you always used an aerial while I had my shield up when approaching which led to shield grabs and other nasty options. The main thing though was your tendency to roll after a whiffed attack which really made you very susceptible to smash attacks. When coming back onto the stage you don't always have to fall towards the opponent. Try grabbing the ledge or land on the edge to reset the position to neutral as much as possible.

For Luigi practice using his cyclone to obtain more vertical momentum and use his side-b less, unless you think you can get a surprise misfire on the opponent (Luigi glows when this happens) or a good read. Your grab game was good, just work on maintaining that momentum and keeping that pressure on.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
For greninja I felt you used his side-b too much and you always used an aerial while I had my shield up when approaching which led to shield grabs and other nasty options. The main thing though was your tendency to roll after a whiffed attack which really made you very susceptible to smash attacks. When coming back onto the stage you don't always have to fall towards the opponent. Try grabbing the ledge or land on the edge to reset the position to neutral as much as possible.

For Luigi practice using his cyclone to obtain more vertical momentum and use his side-b less, unless you think you can get a surprise misfire on the opponent (Luigi glows when this happens) or a good read. Your grab game was good, just work on maintaining that momentum and keeping that pressure on.
Yeah, I was trying to practice some advanced Greninja stuff like Shadow Sneak out of shield. Ill practice in training more before trying to use it in battle. Right, after the whiffed attack I'd really want to get away! I should fight that instinct by... should I just stay there and shield? Jab? I dont think I could grab, maybe jump? I guess just...not roll. Kay, Ill practice with the ledges. Ive just had times aiming there where Greninja bounces right off and falls to death like Pac-Man's side-b.
Oh Luigi glows now? And I was able to kill with up-throw to cyclone yesterday, don't know what I was doing today... Maybe I didnt mash B enough? Anyway thanks.

Top Bottom