• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ninja With an Actual Scarf

The Ninja With an Actual Scarf

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
Showdow submitted a new guide:

The Ninja With an Actual Scarf - Advanced In-Depth guide to one of Sm4sh's top characters

Sheik is one of the top characters in smash 4, and one of my personal favorites. Playing Sheik is for those who enjoy comboing heavy characters to death, stopping approaches in their tracks, and overall edgeguarding maniacs. Although if you enjoy characters who can kill straight up, Sheik may not be for you because to kill with her your opponent has to be very high percent, you have to sweet spot up smash, or edge guard very well. Also Sheik is a girl, just to clear it up apparently some people...
Read more about this guide...

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
Showdow updated The Ninja With an Actual Scarf with a new update entry:

Each special now has its own detailed section, more added to the edgeguarding section such as which characters can be hit with dash attack and up smash and the inclusion of dair as a viable option. Also trimming down end bullet point section and distributing that to some of the new special move sections. Likely the final update unless Sheik gets nerfed hard (which all Sheik mains are dreading).
Read the rest of this update entry...

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
Warning Received
Sheik (pronounced /ˈʃiːk/sheek)[2] is Princess Zelda disguised as a male Sheikah

Sheik is a male Character, not a female.
just because it was zelda disguised as sheik in the game, doesnt mean Sheik as a character is a girl.
in the zelda games themselves,, sheik was refereed to as a male.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Sheik (pronounced /ˈʃiːk/sheek)[2] is Princess Zelda disguised as a male Sheikah

just because it was zelda disguised as sheik in the game, doesnt mean Sheik as a character is a girl.
This has been argued about so much. Really, sheik can be looked at as either. No-one is correct! Let's not tell everyone else they're wrong when we don't know for sure we're right.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345

Really? You're posting that? Even though it has nothing whatsoever to do with this guide?

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
Really? You're posting that? Even though it has nothing whatsoever to do with this guide?
There was info in the guide that was wrong so i corrected it. the OP Stating the gender of sheik also has nothing to do with how sheik places or helps anyone in any way when it comes to playing sheik,

Also. think of it as a Bump, so more people can see it.

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
I took that part out of the guide but it's pretty disappointing that I had to. Do we really have to get into a discussion about this on a guide for a smash bros game?

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
There was no incorrect information. Do you want me to lecture you on the history of sheik? Even if you don't want me to I will, because come on man.

In Ocarina of Time sheik is male. That is confirmed. Zelda is female and uses magic to transform herself into a male, and disguises herself as a member of the sheikah clan. In OoT, Zelda is female, Sheik is male.

Melee Sheik is simply OoT Sheik so again, male.

Art was made for sheik in Twilight Princess, even though he/she didn't appear in the game. The art was made so that when Super Smash Brothers Brawl was made, they would have a version of Sheik that went along with Link and Zelda in that game. This Sheik was also male.

Next up, Hyrule warriors. Sheik in this game is Zelda disguised, but not transformed by magic. She is quite obviously female, and has been confirmed by Nintendo representatives to be female. In Hyrule Warriors, Sheik is female.
But Hyrule Warriors isn't canon so who cares.

And what no-one has really touched on, is the term "Transgender." When someone is physically one sex, but mentally is another. Sex and gender are seen by many as being different, sex being physical, and gender being mental.

OMG GUYS, SHEIK IS TRANSGENDER! Basically. He/She is physically a male in all previous canon incarnations, BUT sheik is zelda, and identifies as a female, regardless of physical state. BOOM! NO ONE IS RIGHT!

But if you ask me sheik in Sm4sh is female. Look at her body shape.

That was far from a lecture, but if you really want I can wright a 5000 word essay for you, and use it for my school health essay, focusing on gender and sex.

Nice talking to you.
The point that everyone making that argument seems to assume is that she used magic for some sort of transformation, but that's nowhere in the game. What does that mean anyway? Did she magically grow a penis, or did she just use magic to somehow make herself mentally feel more male? If by "male", you mean that she doesn't look very feminine, then I suppose that's true, but that doesn't involve magic.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
The point that everyone making that argument seems to assume is that she used magic for some sort of transformation, but that's nowhere in the game. What does that mean anyway? Did she magically grow a penis, or did she just use magic to somehow make herself mentally feel more male? If by "male", you mean that she doesn't look very feminine, then I suppose that's true, but that doesn't involve magic.
Her body shape changed quite drastically. This led theorists to believe magic was involved, and it was confirmed by a rep. Can't remember who. I guess that could've just been the opinion of the rep themselves.

Again though, you can look at it either way. Everyone is free to their own opinion, and with the only game where sheik's gender & sex is 100% confirmed is hyrule warriors. The above is my opinion based on a few facts.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Her body shape changed quite drastically. This led theorists to believe magic was involved, and it was confirmed by a rep. Can't remember who. I guess that could've just been the opinion of the rep themselves.

Again though, you can look at it either way. Everyone is free to their own opinion, and with the only game where sheik's gender & sex is 100% confirmed is hyrule warriors. The above is my opinion based on a few facts.
Eh, I wouldn't mind that, but it's best to avoid language like "do you want me to lecture you" on unconfirmed issues.

My biggest problem with this argument is that her (I'll still call Sheik 'her') body shape becomes the biggest piece of evidence, but let me ask you this: does having broad shoulders and narrow hips make you a man or even of the male gender? If that were the case, female swimming, volleyball, softball, etc., would all be a massive hoax. As for the representative, I would honestly like to see that quote, as all I've heard is in confirmation of her female sex/gender/whatever.

Oh hey, Showdow, great guide! Glad I could keep myself on-topic this time. Definitely.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I suppose all we can really do is assume.
I also realise I got a couple of things wrong. Oop.
And here's the quote: "The definitive answer is that Sheik is a woman — simply Zelda in a different outfit." — Bill Trinen

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
Alright... no more on Sheik's gender. Seriously, whether she's a boy or girl doesn't affect how she plays in smash. I accepted that when I took my statement out of the guide. If you want to argue go on reddit or something.

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
Showdow updated The Ninja With an Actual Scarf with a new update entry:

This update added perfect pivot usage to combos and some miscellaneous things to a bunch of sections including the optimal shield break punish in the nade section and small additions to overall sections. The biggest difference however if the new d throw combo in the d throw section which is in my opinion the most optimal punish that Sheik can get off of a grab at low percents.
Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom