• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nick, and Halfway Shot.... the Guide (updated)*

Icystrider

Smash Rookie
As they revel in the fear of being grabbed by Popo and Nana - anticipation, so they should also by our haunting blue arrows of death.

The Nick Shot

--------------------------------

Pit fires his arrow, it connects with the shield of the opponent, only to 'nick' off of it.

(nick --> the arrow changes direction after impact with the opponent's shield)

Pit then uses that same arrow ..coming around -- driving into our opponent.

-----------------------------

The Halfway Shot
--------------------------------

Pit fires his arrow forward, looping it till it faces 180 degrees flat in the opposite direction.

Unfortunately Pit will then be facing backwards. Quickly tap the control stick to orientate yourself in the correct direction,

and...... (fire the Halfway Shot).

Immediately, regain control of the arrow flying above, curve it back down for another strike on our opponent.

The point of the halfway shot is to utilize the time it takes to loop 1 arrow and put 2 arrows in its place.

As our enemy waits for his delicious blue delight, we can --

essentially, w/ this technique, serve up 3 arrows (not just 2).​

--1 at the Halfway Shot
--1 from the looped arrow
--and 1 on the return of that loop (can be charged)

(the pic below only shows the first 2 shots)

(instead of firing that last 3rd arrow, you could input a move (e.x. Angle Ring), but in doing so you lose the opportunity for an over 5% hit (depending on how much you charge that last arrow))
-------------------------------------

(if someone would perform and upload a video of these techniques - posting the link on this thread, I'll update it with them included. -and my thanks-)

+for best results -- practice+

In closing... this is a contribution for the enlightenment of the reader.. and all pits
,, please let me know on any part misunderstood... I would hate for anyone to be 'guided' to confusion or a wrong idea...
(/_^)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I can't see the pics, and it sounds like some sort of previous arrow stuff we know, but vids would be nice since those pics are temporaily disabled.

Icystrider

Smash Rookie
I can't see the pics, and it sounds like some sort of previous arrow stuff we know, but vids would be nice since those pics are temporaily disabled.
thanks!,.. it should be working fine now... (and vids would be wonderful...) :bee:

Afropony

Smash Lord
I've done this a few times before, it's kind of random but if you guide the arrow well then you'll have a decent chance of hitting them because they probably won't expect you to loop it after they shield it.
You can also do that arrow building thing while the arrow has been moved by the shield.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Technically, the "nick" shot is another way of saying that Pit's arrow bounced off of the opponent's shield, but can still be controlled by the Pit, and I remember doing this before already. Once it bounces off the shield, i don't think it can damage the opponent who shielded it.
The other one is a bit more difficult, but i dont know if i should try it more often, since i already have my own arrow style.

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
I always pull of the Nick.

But the second one is still pretty basic, and I don't really think arrow looping is that usefull. Nice finds though, I like the layout.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
why the target always kirby, i love kirby :(

tbhi think that the first one more useful in terms of mindgames, noone really expect us to be able to hit them again wit hteh same arrow if it bounce off the stield, Like admiral said i dunno if it damage the person who shields it since i never really think about it

second one is stuff we already know.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
interesting but not really a useful application of arrow looping at all, in this case there are better alternatives to looping an arrow, both of these are fun to do and you get props for pulling htem of when you do, but realistically unuseful

Top Bottom