• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NHL playoffs

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
Tonight, Caps and Flyers going into game 7. I used to be a flyers fan when I was younger, but I learned to love the Caps as they are a bit more local for me anyway. Caps have such a young and talented team and two solid goalies. I believed they could pull off the big comeback down 3-1, and I am sure they will cap it off tonight.

cF=)

Smash Lord
That fight was awesome! We need some more goalie fights in the NHL. Did you see Roy's son's fight with the other goalie? He owned.
His kid was and still is ********. He jumped on him for no particular reason and the other goalie never returned a punch. If the fight's not accepted by both players, you're punching on an innocent guy.

Bottom line: fail.

On a lighter note, the Canadiens won a crucial match yesterday night, putting an end to the Bruins' crazy comeback they've made. I'm happy to see their season isn't done yet, and I hope they face the Flyers in semi-final.

Exovel

Smash Ace
I hope we see a Detriot/Dallas semifinal. That way it will be guaranteed that I won't have to see the Stars anymore. I really hate them.

Let's go Flyers! Take the Caps out!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
All I want from the west is DET vs COL lol. SJ vs CGY is a really REALLY tough series. Jobs are at stake, and it's not the ones of the players.

I want the caps to win, as much as I love Briere, I dislike the Flyers. Besides, a PIT vs WSH series will be amazing.

Ovechkin vs Crosby (feat. Malkin LOL)

]: @ Ducks being eliminated. I won't lie, I kinda knew they didn't have what it took to beat Turco.

AngelOfSkyland

Smash Cadet
All right, hockey playoff discussion!

<-- Huge Red Wings geek

The playoffs have been great so far this year. I didn't expect so many game 7s. And I have to admit I was amused that the Ducks lost. XD

I'm really looking forward to Round 2, I hope the Wings play the Avs. I miss the old rivalry from back in the day, and maybe a series against them will help rekindle that a bit.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
I'm kinda disappointed the Bruins lost after getting so close to beating Montréal. Not that I like the Bruins at all (as I'm a Whalers fan from way back), but I did watch a lot of their games and got attached to cheering for some of the players. I just don't like the team very much.

With that said, the same goes for Philadelphia. I like some of the players (Briere & Biron because they used to be Sabres, and Kapanen because he used to be a Whaler back in the day) but I'm just not a big fan of the team. I hope the Caps can pull it off tonight, because that would make for one great series.

Exovel

Smash Ace
YES! Way to go Flyers. (I just don't like the Caps, sorry) Keep me posted on the Sharks game. I'm hoping for Flames, but I guess time will tell.

AngelOfSkyland

Smash Cadet
It is now 5-3 in favor of the Sharks. 11:00 left in the 3rd.

EDIT - And the Sharks win 5-3! Great game!

All 2nd round match-ups are now set.

EAST:
Montreal vs Philadelphia
Pittsburgh vs N.Y. Rangers

WEST:
Detroit vs Colorado
San Jose vs Dallas

Can't wait for the next round to begin!

Exovel

Smash Ace
Grrrrrr.....

I hate it when two teams I hate play each other because then there is no one to root for. If I had to pick the lesser of two evils between the Sharks and Stars, it would be, no wait, I can't. At least I have the comfort of knowing that, no matter who wins, they won't make it past the winner of the Wings/Avalanche series.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun

This is a bumper sticker that I bought in Av's country, in Estes Park, Colorado to be exact, to show my utmost hatred for the Red Wings. I haven't put it on my car, probably never will, because my car would probably get trashed in Detroit by fans, when I go to Joe Louis for Notre Dame hockey. Anyway, GO AVS!

AngelOfSkyland

Smash Cadet

This is a bumper sticker that I bought in Av's country, in Estes Park, Colorado to be exact, to show my utmost hatred for the Red Wings. I haven't put it on my car, probably never will, because my car would probably get trashed in Detroit by fans, when I go to Joe Louis for Notre Dame hockey. Anyway, GO AVS!
I didn't even know they made those o_o Interesting.

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
Thats right it would get trashed You old rival the ducks are the new Detroit rival but this series will still be interesting. My mom just said your a chicken cause you wont put it on your car

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
NYR aren't that team they were in the late 90's early 2000 time. They have a legitimate chance at giving Price trouble. You have one of the most clutch players in playoffs: Chris Drury along side of Jaromir Jagr who's just plain talented going up against Carey Price, rookie goaltender.

Price is IMO the next Luongo and all, but this might be too much for him. Kovelev won't win this on his own, really.

Interms of PHI vs PIT I hope the Pens poo on the Flyers for such a ****TY win against the caps. It was hard to watch those guys lose like that, with Huet getting hurled over like that for the 2nd goal, which was the tying goal that sent it to OT.

Western is just meh for me.

Dallas will win and I want Avs to win.

Wuss

Smash Champion
God, that loss to philly was heartbreaking (Im a caps fan). Their second goal was total bs. The guy CLEARLY checked morrison into huet, which should be goalie interference, but wait, the ref doesn't call it? So the net is wide open for 5 seconds? So PHILLY FUC***G SCORES A CHEAP A** GOAL??? i was so pissed when they lost, cause I knew it shouldn't be 2-2...

did anyone else see that?

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
If it was any other city, I would, but Detroit is just... well... let's just say I've ran into some bad sports things before, such as flying my "W" flag at PNC Park (Pittsburgh) after a Cubs win last September and getting hot wings thrown at me.

AngelOfSkyland

Smash Cadet
Awww, that sucks, man. I mean, giving people who are fans of the rival team some grief is one thing (and generally to be expected), but I don't agree with resorting to throwing things or trashing people's property. That's just not cool.

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
I saw the caps flyers game and i have to agree that goal was crappy that should have never counted go Habs beat the flyers down

Exovel

Smash Ace
Well, The Red Wings just took a 2-0 lead over the Avs in game two. Wait, it can't be! Literally, just this second, about 2 minutes later, the Wings have gone up 3-0. What a second period!

Exovel

Smash Ace
Yeah, it was certainly a blowout. Too bad. It's one of only a fewplayoff games I'll have a chance to watch this season. I hope the Avs can pull it together at home.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Who's watching tonight's game between Philly and Montreal? I hope there'll be lots of action since it's tied 1-1.

cF=)

Smash Lord
And wow, I just watched one of the worst game ever. What the ****.

- How did Mtl get a penalty on 6 players (one that was undoubtedly 2 seconds from the bench) while Philadelphia had 6 players, on the play!?
- Many video shootings of Philadelphia players giving cheap shots (one on the face) to Canadiens' players after the whistle and *nobody* get caught.
- Why did Mtl wait 2 periods before giving some of their best medicine? A horrible match from their side.

This is mostly what I'll remind from game 3.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Glad to see a Red Wings vs. Avalance series. Those were definately classics throughout the 90's and early 2000's. I guess I'm pulling for Detroit becasue I've got neighbors and friends who are big Red Wing fans. I'm disappointed the Ducks are eliminated. They're my favorite team. Oh well, at least they won it all last year and got some redemption from the heartbreaking loss in the 2003 finals.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
When Anaheim lost I was pulling for Calgary. Then the Flames lost the next night. There was somewhat of a pattern going in in the NHL playoffs.

2002: Hurricanes lose to Red Wings- 2006 Hurricanes win Stanley Cup
2003: Ducks lose to Devils- 2007 Ducks win Stanley Cup
2004: Flames lose to Lightning- Pattern killed.

I like the Saddledome come playoff time. Is everyone in the crowd handed a home jersey or something because they all got one, every fan. Always cool to watch the sea of red.

I'm not sure who I want to win the Stanley Cup now. I really don't hate any teams. I like the Red Wings the best out of the West and the Penguins out of the East. Penguins vs. Red Wings would make an interesting Stanley Cup Finals.

Thank god for Fox Sports Detroit and CBC. Otherwise there would be no games on cable television unless I got verses.

Top Bottom