• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The next gliders....

Weruop

Smash Ace
We know that giliding is probably going to be a major part of Brawl, kind of like Multiple hops and jumps. We already have 3 gliders

Charizard
Metaknight
and Pit.

Who else could there be?

All i can think up, is Balloon Fighter, Ridley, and knuckles, atm.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Mewtwo gliding makes sense

Balloon Fighter does not....Balloon Fighter should just have multiple jumps based on how many balloons he has and it also determines how floaty he is...IMO

Weruop

Smash Ace
How does Mewtwo gliding make sense, and Balloon fighter not?

have u played his games? he always has his arms spread out, and glides through the air....

I don't see how mewtwo would glide since he has no arms or wings...

:confused:

Zevox

Smash Lord
Knuckles can glide in some Sonic games.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8JMEde_rVyc
Actually, he can in all of the ones he appears in, and the mechanic is pretty well identical to the one used in Brawl. But I think he was protesting that Knuckles is an unlikely character for Brawl, not that he couldn't glide.

On Mewtwo, I don't think gliding suits him personally. Floating/hovering the way Peach does seems more in keeping with a telekinetic character like him. I'd say the same is true of Lucas/Ness and Midna, personally.

I can't think of anyone who is likely to be in who could glide who hasn't been mentioned yet, to be honest. Ridley and perhaps Claus seem the extent of it from where I'm sitting. Most characters just don't have wings or other apparatuses to allow it.

Zevox

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yes Ive played Balloon Fight and have seen some vids of Balloon Kid....I know how Balloon Fighter flies around...Balloon Fighter should just get multiple jumps since thats how you gain height...by mashing the jump button(or holding B I think) and when he descends he slowly falls because of his balloons....thus he is a very floaty character.....thats like saying Jigglypuff should glide cuz she's a Balloon Pokemon...

and yea Mewtwo can glide just like he does on the ground....with his mind...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mewtwo shouldn't glide...If he had anything, it should be more like Peach's float than actual gliding

vesperview

Smash Hero
Actually, he can in all of the ones he appears in, and the mechanic is pretty well identical to the one used in Brawl. But I think he was protesting that Knuckles is an unlikely character for Brawl, not that he couldn't glide.
Well he can't glide in Sonic Heroes.

About Mewtwo, he can fly in the Pokemon movie, why shouldn't he glide?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lucario has psychic powers, so he could glide if he WANTED to, but it's not likely
How does Lucario have psychic powers...even if he has a little, I doubt his powers are strong enough for him to fly...
There is a reason he's weak AGAINST psychics

Weruop

Smash Ace
yes Ive played Balloon Fight and have seen some vids of Balloon Kid....I know how Balloon Fighter flies around...Balloon Fighter should just get multiple jumps since thats how you gain height...by mashing the jump button(or holding B I think) and when he descends he slowly falls because of his balloons....thus he is a very floaty character.....thats like saying Jigglypuff should glide cuz she's a Balloon Pokemon...

and yea Mewtwo can glide just like he does on the ground....with his mind...
no im not saying he should glide just cuz hes light

gosh!

its cuz he always has his arms out! characters can have many hops and glide u know!?

Not really, he's part steel. He can learn Psychic, arguably the best of all Psychic moves.
That doesn't mean anything. Jigglypuff can learn psychic and she doesn't float like peach in melee...

Remoraid and Spinarak can also learn psychic but you don't see them flying around and throwing people with their psychokinetic powers

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Cuz remoraid and spinarak aren't in any Smashbros. Lucario is more known for his mental prowess than them. He can talk, and sense stuff. His mental abilities surpass the aforementioned pokemon

Cuz remoraid and spinarak aren't in any Smashbros. Lucario is more known for his mental prowess than them. He can talk, and sense stuff. His mental abilities surpass the aforementioned pokemon
Lucario can't talk and "sense stuff"... That was in the movie, there is no reason to suggest that all lucario can talk and "sense stuff", and the one in the movie died so no gliding for lucario even if he wanted

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Whos to say that that Lucario was special? All Lucario are able to sense auras with their minds. their minds are hyper-advanced, and more developed than most pokemon. Besides, Pikachu in Melee = Anime Pikachu

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whos to say that that Lucario was special? All Lucario are able to sense auras with their minds. their minds are hyper-advanced, and more developed than most pokemon. Besides, Pikachu in Melee = Anime Pikachu
A pokemon being able to learn psychic doesn't make them psychic...

Where are you getting the idea that the Pikachu in Super Smash Bros is the anime pikachu?

I thought that would be all done with Red in

If that lucario wasn't special they wouldn't have made a movie about it. Besides even if that one wasn't a special lucario it should have been able to use psychic to lift things up and to fly and stuff.

Also pikachu in brawl = pichu in melee
so they're not using anime pokemon anymore... O:

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
If Dark Samus was in, she could fly(in the games, she never even touched the ground 0_o)
And Mewtwo can definitaly glide, or floar, or hover....

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Ashley could ride her broomstick and K. Roo l use his helicopter pack. They could be considered gliders.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
That's not gliding at all
Well, you're right.

But I think you could use the broom for gliding. That wouldn't be a big problem.
Similar to Meta Knight's /B\.

She gains high and glide with her bloon.

D

Deleted member

Ralph/Vaati/Link with Roc's cape.

Probably Ralph more, since he's a kind of comic character. Meh, anyone with a big cape/cloak can glide like a bat. See Severus Snape.

Top Bottom