• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Next Gen Pokemon Trainer.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I have been wondering about the future of Pokemon Trainer for sometime as I'm sure others have. (I'd hope at least)

I've been thinking about this for the past few days, and it really does make sense to keep up w/ variety in the SSB world of the Poke's. We should keep the Pokemon Trainer in the game, but to be a different character w/ different Pokemon. Break down a quick list of what you think it should be.

Just post the trainers name,
there Pokemon,
and the Pokemon moves.

Trainers names should only include names in the RPG's.
Most I can think off the top of my head:
PKM Trainer Gold (guy) / Crystal (girl). PKM Trainer May/Brendan. PKM Trainer Dawn/Lucas.

Just a quick note too: Make the Pokemon believable. Nothing like Groudon or Lugia.

Here's my suggestion:

PKM Trainer (Dawn)

1.) Buizel
B - Water Pulse. Charges up a ball of water (similar to Lucario's Aura Sphere) to throw at the target.
B Side - Aqua Jet. Buizel rushes as a ball of water to charge at any enemies in its way.
B Up - Agility. Buizel moves very quickly, moving in the direction of the control. Is unable to be seen while the move is in use. Unable to attack until it lands on its feet or is hit.

2.) Leafeon
B - SolarBeam. Launches a beam cutting through any opponents in its way, doing damage and launching them slightly. Takes time to recover.
B Side - Magical Leaf. Launches a leaf that Leafeon is able to easily control while it is out. Has a short range, and has very little knockback.
B Up - Double Team. Leafeon moves to another place leaving an illusion of itself following its path. Is controllable. The illusion does damage.

3.) Staravia.
Note: Can jump 3 times in the air

B - Whirlwind. Staravia flaps its wings while charging up a powerful gust of wind. When released, enemies in front of it will be blown away. Staravia is pushed back somewhat.
B Side - Brave Bird. Staravia makes a quick and fiery rush in either left or right, and does damage to any opponent in its path. (Alternately a recovery)
B Up - Fly. Staravia makes a twisting dash upwards, doing damage to any opponent in its way.

Thanks for reading.

Other ideas ARE welcome (the purpose of this thread)

Feel free constructively criticize mine or others suggestions.
Thanks for your time!

Tip: Use http://serebii.net/ if you're having a hard time finding good Pokemon or moves for each.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
i doubt PT will be in the next game, he's not doing so well, requires to much effort to make, and looking how lazy nintendo can be, don't get your hopes up.

and if there is another PT, it's going to use Starters no matter what.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
i doubt PT will be in the next game, he's not doing so well, requires to much effort to make, and looking how lazy nintendo can be, don't get your hopes up.

what he says!.

But i think he will be in the nextgame....even when he is not doing good!.

I think is the best character in the game...when it comes to originality.

It would be a waste to not include him. PT just need some tweaks here and there and could become possibly top tier.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i'd love for his current incarnation to return, with the same pokemon. just some tweaks with the whole stamina and switching mechanics and we are good. also give ivysaur leaf storm or petal dance or SOMETHING for its up b, and let it keep a tether by using its zair or grab.

infernovia

Smash Ace
Ivysaur needs better aerial options. Like Nair pulls out the vines too for extra range and stops the downward momentum like Marth.

Although that is unprecedented.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
infern that would just be ridiculous lol. all ivy really needs is a fair that isn't so **** laggy. and maybe dair not being the hardest aerial spike to pull off in the game.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Looks like my threads derailed already.

I highly doubt that Nintendo will limit it towards starters only. TBQH Sakurai and the team should be more creative if given the opportunity or time to redo Pkm Trainer to fit into some of the newer RPG's.

And also... I don't think characters are sequeled into the next SSB games based on strength..

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
The fact that Sakurai placed Pokemon Trainer on the front cover of Brawl makes me confident that he won't be going anywhere, and I doubt his starters will change either.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i hope his starters don't change. :\ squirtle is my favorite pokemon and the original generation of pokemon was the best and most popular. it wouldn't be the same if you had like...piplup/grovyle/infernape. when you say squirtle/bulbasaur/charizard people are like OH i used to love those guys! when you say piplup/grovyle/infernape people are like WHO the hell are those guys?

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Pokemon trainer has a lot of potential, and the pokemon he has are the best ever!... i dont think he wiil be replaced, hes so original and probably the best single idea for a character, maybe some changes on some moves (cough*pokemonchange*cough).... btw.... an interesting idea would be the rival trainer, but that would make the PT not so unique... and people would wonder even more why ash is not in brawl if even "gary" is a playable character

Lone Shadow

Smash Journeyman
i hope his starters don't change. :\ squirtle is my favorite pokemon and the original generation of pokemon was the best and most popular. it wouldn't be the same if you had like...piplup/grovyle/infernape. when you say squirtle/bulbasaur/charizard people are like OH i used to love those guys! when you say piplup/grovyle/infernape people are like WHO the hell are those guys?
QFT and the names are getting so unoriginal like I was skimming through channels the other day and when ash (or someone who is suppose to main char) called out these weird looking pokemon with the most ******** names, leave oringinal pokemon as even girls know who they are XD

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think that if some form of PT is in Smash 4, he's going to have the starters from the most current edition of Pokemon at the time. (ie: Next Pokemon release after Platinum). It's the only way to buff them in a "roundabout" way without getting the GAW effect.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
Well I hope the second PT is cool. Though the Pokemon I would like are Alakazham, Electrivire (he's already in the Pokemon stage #2) and maybe Chicorita. I certainly want the present PT to return with the same pokemon.

I don't know of any attacks to state. I'm not that knowledgeable. :)
Though if Electrivire can't be included then add Raichu instead. It can work. :) If 2 electric pokemon (Pichu and Pikachu) were in Smash Melee, then having Raichu on a team isn't a bad choice. Raichu is also bigger and has a bigger shock value. LOL! We are used to seeing bigger pikachus anyway with the growth mushroom item used.

Keep a positive attitude. :) Besides if Jigglypuff made it back, then PT has a good chance too. :)
i'd love for his current incarnation to return, with the same pokemon. just some tweaks with the whole stamina and switching mechanics and we are good. also give ivysaur leaf storm or petal dance or SOMETHING for its up b, and let it keep a tether by using its zair or grab.
yeah some tweaks on attacks would be good. :)
The fact that Sakurai placed Pokemon Trainer on the front cover of Brawl makes me confident that he won't be going anywhere, and I doubt his starters will change either.
that's a good point.
I agree with you on your examples. Plus Piplup would look silly fighting Mario or Zelda. HAHA!

Black/Light

Smash Master

I don't think Sakurai cares about whos the weakest and strongest when he chooses to cut characters. He could very well buff them like he did Zelda/ Pika.

(And Sakurai aint lazy. . .nor is Nintendo)

Pokemon Trainer is the true representation of what Pokemon, the game, is about. Thats why I think he has the pokemon he has. . . they are also the best reps for such a character which is why I don't think he will change said pokemon either.

If anything I think Lucario will be replaced with the "new favor of the month" pokemon just like he did Mew2 (but thats if someone gets cuts. Sakurai could very well choose not to cut anyone).

Barge

All I want is a custom title
3 pokemanz

MUDKIPZ
BAYLEAF
BLAZIKIN

I'd love nintendo if they do that

Barge

All I want is a custom title
3 pokemanz

MUDKIPZ
BAYLEAF
BLAZIKIN

I'd love nintendo if they do that

Gekko

Smash Rookie
Yaa I seriously think Mudkip will be the next squirtle in the next smash bros if they made another Pokemon trainer =]

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
I would make Pokemon Change a taunt or something similar to give the Pokemon an added special attack. I am perfectly fine with the PT right now, but maybe a rival to give some diversity. Also, if the design team for SSB4 has tons of time on their hands, they could put a selection of different Pokemon to put on your team. Although that would probably never happen.

shboke

Smash Journeyman
i rather have first gen but if i had to choose i would choose:
totodile
hydro pump-charges, and fires it. extremely powerful but slow attack.
wtaerfall-same as squirtle
ice fang-a giant bite, quick, no lag, freezes opponent sometimes.

gengar
shadowball-yeah...same as mewtwo's
lick- paralyzes opponent for 5 seconds(the higher damage opponent has longer paralyze is)
teleport-teleports...simple?

gabite-
dragon rush-a giant attack where he smashes the ground hurting you, slow but amazing damage.
dragon claw- like bowsers koopa claw, gabcide ftw
idk

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I don't think Sakurai cares about whos the weakest and strongest when he chooses to cut characters. He could very well buff them like he did Zelda/ Pika.

Pokemon Trainer is the true representation of what Pokemon, the game, is about. Thats why I think he has the pokemon he has. . . they are also the best reps for such a character which is why I don't think he will change said pokemon either.
QFT.

Nintendo dosen't look at tier lists when choosing who to kick >.>
PT could turn out to be SSB4's GAW. He has the potential to do it, if he got those little changes that he needs.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
I'd like to see the Johto trainer with the Johto starters, of course.
Totodile
Quilava
Meganium.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
theyre definitely keeping the PT they have now. Like positive, the only thing they might do is ad a second one, with either the starters from a different generation of pokemon, or pokemon from the first gen that had a big impact on the game.
it wud be funny if they did a team rocket with weezing and ekans and wobbufet (prolly wont do tht tho)

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman

(And Sakurai aint lazy. . .nor is Nintendo)

If anything I think Lucario will be replaced with the "new favor of the month" pokemon just like he did Mew2 (but thats if someone gets cuts. Sakurai could very well choose not to cut anyone).
Wasn't this Sakurai's last smash game?

I think the 3 pokemons should just be mudkips, mudkips, and mudkips personally :laugh:

TKD

Smash Lord
It should be a rival from any of the games, since they have actual names and defined pkmn =) It won't happen though =O

LOL work for nintendo plz!!

Top Bottom