• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Next 6 DLC Characters

MattX20

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'm not expecting any more 1st party reps given that Nintendo has 1/3 of the pass dedicated to their IPs on top of the fact the music test menu has two empty spots implying two more new franchises are coming

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
on top of the fact the music test menu has two empty spots implying two more new franchises are coming
If this is the case, then I guess we could possibly rule out characters from 3rd parties also represented, such as Chun-Li or Dr. Eggman.

Edit: Wait if its just to fill out a box then nevermind. I don't think it doesn't really mean anything.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'm not expecting any more 1st party reps given that Nintendo has 1/3 of the pass dedicated to their IPs on top of the fact the music test menu has two empty spots implying two more new franchises are coming
Of course that means nothing considering that the base game also had empty spots in the music test screen.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Is this based on those two spots making the whole sound test list a rectangle? If so, I don't know if that's a sure thing - remember Smash 4's roster, where it looked like there was room for three more characters?

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Is this based on those two spots making the whole sound test list a rectangle? If so, I don't know if that's a sure thing - remember Smash 4's roster, where it looked like there was room for three more characters?
It's true that Smash stage and character select screens often do not fill out entirely, but the music and voice test menus have filled out before

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's true that Smash stage and character select screens often do not fill out entirely, but the music and voice test menus have filled out before
But sometimes they haven't, such as with Ultimate's base game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's fair; I don't pay much attention to whether or not those menus form rectangles or not. I could see us getting characters from two new series (whether it's from two new companies, or one new company and one company that's already in Smash, or even a new first party series and a third party character), but I could just as easily see them choosing to add characters to series that seem a little lacking. (like Zelda or Sonic - you'd think that we would have gotten a second Sonic character by now, for a lot of reasons, and we haven't gotten a new unique Zelda character in 20 years)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
But still, they don't have to fill it out, and the notion that they have to is ridiculous.
Sakurai tends to keep the music and sound test menus organized and filled more often than the stages or characters as I've said before. I think it will be full when this pass ends

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Sakurai tends to keep the music and sound test menus organized and filled more often than the stages or characters as I've said before. I think it will be full when this pass ends
Well, this was a justification for the Voice Icon Theory which died.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I had a dream that decofirmed characters that were on the sega genesis, sorry Beat from Jet Set Radio.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
That's fair; I don't pay much attention to whether or not those menus form rectangles or not. I could see us getting characters from two new series (whether it's from two new companies, or one new company and one company that's already in Smash, or even a new first party series and a third party character), but I could just as easily see them choosing to add characters to series that seem a little lacking. (like Zelda or Sonic - you'd think that we would have gotten a second Sonic character by now, for a lot of reasons, and we haven't gotten a new unique Zelda character in 20 years)
The fact that Shadow missed out on being an echo still kind of baffles me. I can't imagine that the idea wasn't at least considered, given how crazy popular Shadow is. Maybe the Smash team felt that Shadow just wasn't a good fit as an echo? Even that sounds kind of strange, given that he can easily do all the same things Sonic does. Or heck, with all the effort they put into distinguishing Ken from Ryu, they could have done the same thing for Shadow to make him feel more "Shadow-y."

Either way, Eggman is where it's at. I don't know how likely he is, but when thinking of iconic villains, he's definitely a stand out.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
It's Raiden form Metal Gear. He's our next fighter. But you know I don't keep up with speculation at all and even the Raiden thread disagrees with me.

Top Bottom