• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW VT Smash Thread; Sometimes, bravery.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
im coming down next weekend to get ****ed up, get some ***** and maybe play some smash.

housing?

i am an excellent spooner.

chillindude829

Smash Master
yo does anyone know of a good, semi-big venue on/around campus? i wanna hold a big melee/brawl tourney in like april, i havent held a big tourney in forever but im ****ing amazing at it. i can guarantee 100+ people, probably up to 200+ if i advertise well enough, and presence of amazing players such as azen, chu, and possibly even m2k. so yeah if anyone knows of somewhere, lemme know. it would probably have to be for 2 days, either that or one day from like 8 am to midnight. price range is like, up to $1000. this would be the greatest VT smash tourney of all time so lets work together to pull this **** off

Nava

Smash Journeyman
i would say the squires ballroom, but cake is right about the buy-ins. it would have to be off campus, but i don't know the town too well outside of school.

any input justin?

Miso asIAN

Smash Apprentice
there is a place in university mall...it is like half a lobby and the other half is a eating place...i think its call kabobs??? but anyway i went there one time and i saw a pretty big are and they have tvs and video games there..so basically u order food and play game...i thought i would be nice to get a pretty big tourny in there plus its near hotels

kodiak Vandal

Smash Apprentice
arent you able to rent out big rooms at hotels? you could try calling up one of the places in christiansburg

Miso asIAN

Smash Apprentice
i show you some day. we could go ask them or sumtin but we would need lots of tvs..and wii's i mean like armys if we are talking over 100 people atleast 30 wii's

kodiak Vandal

Smash Apprentice
remember that tournament in squires? some lady from either gamespot or replay was all into planning tournaments and stuff. its always an option to call them up and get some funding if we want

Miso asIAN

Smash Apprentice
i beat dan, fei long and sakuras challenge trial mode on normal...but the hard versions are almost impossible

Miso asIAN

Smash Apprentice
im unlocking all the characters except for seth on my console...because i dont like ***s, gags, and gouchi bags

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
So I'm playing Cammy in Trial mode right, and I can't for the life of me combo fierce punch into Cannon Spike, and it's driving me ****ing nuts.

Wow just played some noob online who just spammed Hadouken the entire round.

**** I CANT GO TWO SECONDS WITHOUT SOMEONE FIGHTING ME IN ARCADE MODE.

Nava

Smash Journeyman
to get rid of those people on arcade mode, press RB at the arcade menu i think, and there should be an option to turn it off.

i'm doing the trials with akuma, and i didn't know you had to press buttons in street fighter this fast. also... how in the hell do you dash cancel a focus attack into an ultra?!?!

oh and, here's my xbox live acct: desigNA7E

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
to get rid of those people on arcade mode, press RB at the arcade menu i think, and there should be an option to turn it off.

i'm doing the trials with akuma, and i didn't know you had to press buttons in street fighter this fast. also... how in the hell do you dash cancel a focus attack into an ultra?!?!

oh and, here's my xbox live acct: desigNA7E
Assuming you already know how to FADC, I think it would be pretty simple. FADC -> Ultra. And about the arcade mode thing, yeah, I turned it on after I reactivated my Gold account. I was playing through with Ryu to unlock Sakura and I got to Seth, and every time I was about to kill him someone would join. I turned it back off after somebody joined in during the "VS." cutscene at the beginning of a round.

Gamertag: Vanyamore

Top Bottom