• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juce

Smash Ace
it really should be public. we need more peoples opinions to make it as accurate as possible. sure, the panelist could make an accurate top 5 easily, but so could everyone. we need the help of the rest of oregon to place people where they should be in the lower end of the list. i know i can't figure out 8-10 and below. they should be apart of it too.

edit: i skipped work today and will be at BB

Binx

Smash Master
I wasn't saying I wouldn't nor was I trying to be condescending, I was merely giving my opinion, I feel like people can discuss the PR in the PR thread, and that the PR group can be a place for the judges to make decisions without worrying about what other people think about them, this gives the panelists more leeway on how we choose to rank people.

The end result is public, for the most part everyone agrees with it right? I'm not sure how we could really do much better unless you guys just aren't happy with the panelists.

I'm not trying to hijack any ratings, I'm not trying to be unfair to anyone, I started the whole thing as a service to our community.

If enough people want it public thats fine, but for me to not be able to give my reasons why I don't think that's necessary without being attacked seems a little bit silly.

Anyways ♥s to Oregon we will work it all out soon I'm sure.

Binx

Smash Master
First Ever Oregon Player Awards!

Grats to everyone who made the list and to all honorable mentions, I am really excited for how quickly Oregon has been improving in skill. I present the first ever Oregon Player Awards Results!
Best Combo Skills

Juce
Gage (tied for second)
****ard (tied for second)
Best Recovery

Gage
Wad
Juce
Most Mindgames

Gage
Juce
Gnomeosaurus
Highest Tech Skill

Juce (won by lots)
****ard
Bird
Cmin
Best Edgeguards

Gage (tied with Juce for first)
Juce (tied with Gage for first)
Foos
Most Diverse Smasher(Plays the most Characters)

Gage
Juce
Binx
Best In Teams

Gage (won by an absurd margin)
Juce
Foos
Most Clutch (coming from behind for the win)

Juce
Jonny
Cmin
Binx
Funniest Smasher

Foos
Yugo
Gnomeosaurus
Friendliest Smasher

Foos (won by a lot)
Debaser
40 way tie for third
Most Improvement

Ryan - 6 (Cat Physician?)
****ard - 5
Ratking - 4

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Full tallied results available in the PR thread linked in my sig

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
I didn't mean to attack you, but it seemed like the response you gave for all that wasn't fair.

If enough people want it public thats fine, but for me to not be able to give my reasons why I don't think that's necessary without being attacked seems a little bit silly.
Of course I'm fine with anyone bringing up reasons it shouldn't be made public, as I said in my first post about this. But in your response, you literally said, "it will not be made public." So I hope you can understand my frustration and if my last post seemed harsh, it is because you seemed like you weren't open to any debate about it.

Anyways ♥s to Oregon we will work it all out soon I'm sure.
I like this optimism. Why don't we use this compromise: Just let anyone in who wants to be in and agrees not to get personal with the panelists.

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah just re-read my post, prolly shouldn't have said it that way lol.

I just meant I wasn't gonna make it public right now, worded it really strongly. After best bout in 10 days I'll have the other panelists decide, not a ton of discussion really happens there yet anyways, probably a lot less than we should.

I would prefer if we discussed the PR in the PR thread if everyone is okay with that, but like I said I'm willing to change it after BB if enough people want me to.

Hope tons of people come to best bout tonight, I'll be there in 30.

Binx

Smash Master
Good **** SW, looking forward to the games, I really need to break some of my bad habits vs spacies, hopefully I can get some games in with you so I can get punished super hard for them and stop doing stupid ****.

Same as above goes to Jesse too, kicking my *** when I go for bad grabs, I really need to be a little more selective, especially vs people who gimp my Nana like you do.

I actually had a really good time losing games today, I felt like I was actively learning, my mindset has been improving lately and I'm starting to go a little more in depth about match ups, weaknesses and good options, thanks to Foos i'm starting to experiment with my moveset a bit more which is making my punishes MUCH better/harder/more reliable as well as making me as a player in general less predictable.

If anyone has any comments on how I was playing this best bout with any of my characters, things I can improve on I would really like to know about it.

Also I really hope we can start getting everything recorded again on weds, I want to start making an Oregon montage and a personal combo video sometimes this year now that everyone is getting good enough to where I don't feel like it would be a complete waste of time for people to watch.

Shoutouts to Oregon Sucks montage from back when =D

keeper

Smash Champion
You let me kill your Nana really easily every time I play you. That's my only constructive criticism (I'm aware I wasn't there tonight, but I thought it was relevant).

Binx

Smash Master
yeah it's hard to save her sometimes, all I can really do a lot of the time is try to hit you after you kill her or maybe in the middle if you make a mistake.

ICs feel pretty limited in the air and even if I can hit you while you kill her I can't always stop you because most of my moves dont have a lot of knockback, also minh who I play a lot is super good at going after me right as im trying to save nana and killing her anyways lol so I get kind of scared. It is something I'm working on but its just a disadvantage of my character, if you watch wobbles who is the best IC right now, he lets his Nana die all the time, he makes up for it by having brutal punishes when she is around and semi brutal punishes when she isn't.

I'm not sure what I should do about it vs sheik, I have a few ideas vs shine gimps vs fox that I thought of when I woke up, but I need to play vs Jesse again to see if they will work or not. VS Sheik I think i just need to leverage it into a solo climber grab and get my free 50-60% without messing up, although there are some tricky setups for nana where she is off the edge and sheik has plenty of good recovery options so I'll have to see.

keeper

Smash Champion
yeah it's hard to save her sometimes, all I can really do a lot of the time is try to hit you after you kill her or maybe in the middle if you make a mistake.

ICs feel pretty limited in the air and even if I can hit you while you kill her I can't always stop you because most of my moves dont have a lot of knockback, also minh who I play a lot is super good at going after me right as im trying to save nana and killing her anyways lol so I get kind of scared. It is something I'm working on but its just a disadvantage of my character, if you watch wobbles who is the best IC right now, he lets his Nana die all the time, he makes up for it by having brutal punishes when she is around and semi brutal punishes when she isn't.

I'm not sure what I should do about it vs sheik, I have a few ideas vs shine gimps vs fox that I thought of when I woke up, but I need to play vs Jesse again to see if they will work or not. VS Sheik I think i just need to leverage it into a solo climber grab and get my free 50-60% without messing up, although there are some tricky setups for nana where she is off the edge and sheik has plenty of good recovery options so I'll have to see.
I usually just wait for you to make one of those silly ICs moves that you try to use as an approach to either slap, ftilt, or whatever you. They often seem kind of rashed and forced like you're trying to be aggressive or something of that effect. That's not to condemn this playstyle, but I feel when you're in a disadvantageous match-up this isn't something you should be trying to do. I feel more like you should be trying to bait me into doing something stupid or wreck my spacing. It's not hard at all to split Nana from you with a forward tilt or to split you guys with a fair where one of them hits in reverse so the climbers go in opposite directions.

Binx

Smash Master
I approach a lot in friendlies because I am trying to test what works, ask Foos I play completely differently and much more safe in tournament, I've also gotten a lot of my inconsistencies worked out since the last time i played you in a tournament match so I have been getting a lot more damage and stuff out of my throws.

My edgeguard game is also getting much better especially vs Sheik, I had some pretty brutal combos weds and last time I played with Minh.

Since I stopped doing what I thought worked for other ICs and started discovering how to use my move set myself I've been seeing really rapid improvement for my own playstyle. Hopefully it keeps on the way it has been for a while and you can all see some super sexy savagery coming out of me in the near future.

debaser

Smash Lord
well, raging or not, does anyone want to smash tonight?

got hella blue balls from not being able to go to last bb.

cmin

Smash Ace
I want to play tonight. Portland area please if anyone wanna play hit me up or hit binx up and he will relay to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom