• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.J.

Smash Apprentice
If melee is at best bout me and (probably) a friend would be interested in going.

But I see some talk on it not being there so... will it? o.o

ne_Ziggy

Smash Cadet
So uh, anyone actually up for smashing this Saturday? I'm starting to get a grip on MAX and general TriMet, so I can go anywhere around the major Portland area. I'm impatient, the 20th is too far away :<

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
You do know that melee stuff is almost overly abundant? It's usually an issue of not having enough televisions/not taking brawl TVs.
With Wad's post about bringing at least two TVs for Melee, I believe I can set you guys up with 4 TVs.

Anyway, I would like to point out that ya'll negros should not get your hopes up. The Best Bout guys decide whether or not Melee will actually happen, I do not decide that. Obviously I will be bringing it up with them the next time I meet with them but DO NOT get your hopes up.

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
so i can play anytime this week and maybe on the weekend if i dont go camping with my family.

i get off work in a couple hours also so i could play today if people are free

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! (You're now reading this in my voice)

The Best Bout guys say we can give Melee a shot. So I don't want you guys screwing this one up! Can I get a list of people who can bring set ups and how many they are bringing? Also, I will obviously need some help with the rules set. *cough guy who said he could run Melee for me cough*

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
@ Gage: Oh ****, that was Juce? I had completely forgotten who volunteered and just said "guy"

@ Allen: Either or seeing as I post on both boards.

Do you guys plan on doing a doubles tournament?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I would highly suggest getting as much of Melee together so that a first good impression is made, and that people know Melee's got a good scene willing to make the effort to organize and play.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Are the TVs that Best Bout provides going to be for Melee and Brawl?

If there is doubles, its time for Infinitora+Alien double Falcon team.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Are the TVs that Best Bout provides going to be for Melee and Brawl?

If there is doubles, its time for Infinitora+Alien double Falcon team.
I believe I have said this twice now. You guys will go first so you don't have to bring your own TVs. The TVs are for both Brawl and Melee however, since your event is first, you guys will have most of the TVs until Brawl has to start.

Also, I am not sure how they feel about running the doubles tournament. I am going down to Best Bout tonight though, I will see how they feel about it when I get there. I should be able to flesh out the Schedule and everything tonight... (maybe....) Last thing, I will need a rule set from you niglets.

Binx

Smash Master
I can't wait for a regular tournament to attend, this is gonna be so good for the community. I'll definitely be there no johns and I might even practice for it, so you better take me seriously if you play me =D

keeper

Smash Champion
I posted this on the Best Bout AiB page, but I there's no stage list on the DBR page for Melee. I recommend the Pound 5 list, because screw Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise. Also, stage striking imo.

Izayah, this is pcool, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom