• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Sheik Edgeguard

Linguini

Smash Master
For months ive been coming up with new edgeguards against sheik and I stumbled across one that works extremely well.
The Up-Tilt, haha I know it sounds crazy but it works. When sheik is coming back from the stage and is too far to make anything but a sweetspot is when you should try this out. Try to begin the up-tilt a little before she up-b's. This timing can be difficult to get down but once you do it effectiveley you will get the hang of it. They will appear right beofre the edge and BAM, up tilt, insta kill! This isnt a joke btw. Try it.

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
If you're in such a perfect position that the shiek player HAS to sweetspot, yet you still somehow have enough time to get off an Utilt, then there are already so many better options that the shiek is doomed anyway.

But.. i guess if she's at your mercy and you're actually capable of timing it (and she can't tech O_O) then go ahead just for the lulz

chaddd

Smash Lord
Why wouldn't you ledgehog?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's a volcano kick. Awesome. Pure awesome.

Linguini

Smash Master
**** an edgehog, this destroys their morale, it's not only useful when they can only sweetspot. Try to force sheik to get to the edge...and then.....

chaddd

Smash Lord
**** an edgehog, this destroys their morale, it's not only useful when they can only sweetspot. Try to force sheik to get to the edge...and then.....
Hell yeah. Dude, the Wizard's Foot on the edge when they sweet spot is pretty sick too. No one ever sees it coming. :laugh:

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I managed to do that against a Samus who had grappled the very edge with her Grapple Beam. So she was at the lowest possible point/the grapple beam was extended it's fullest. I was just messing around, but it ended up working. I timed it perfectly, so when the Samus pulled up to grab the ledge, the U-Tilt landed perfectly.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I've been using the U-tilt more ever since I've seen Chaddd doing it (not trying to copy Chaddd per se, but seeing it's usefulness has got me trying it).

It's a nice edgeguarding move. Dips enough below the stage to hit sweetspotters, and it's a morale crusher. My buddy reset the match after being hit by one the other day. :chuckle:

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten my friend a couple times and it basically ruins his day, which I'm happy about...but if you're really out for ruining peoples days and they're gonna die anyways and its the last stock...
try to jump out and warlock punch them...

I've done it once.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
lol It's hard...it works best on dreamland64 because you can double jump off of the platform and then do it... but yeah i was epic level lucky...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Being the rotten, coldhearted SOB that I am, I usually just jump way off the stage and fair them. But I'll try this out too. :)

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
you know linguini, I was expecting something practical and effective, like ledgehop waveland reverse down-angled smash.

But no, all you had to say for yourself was utilt.

utilt

it's actually my falco destroyer when he overb sweet spots the edge

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
hmmm, sounds tempting to use but way too risky if I miss, ima just stay with the well timed tipman spike. But i will try and use it.

Linguini

Smash Master
hmmm, sounds tempting to use but way too risky if I miss, ima just stay with the well timed tipman spike. But i will try and use it.
With a Tippy spike,sheik has a good chance of making it back even if you hit with the sweetspot. This isnt all that risky once you have the timing down.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
With a Tippy spike,sheik has a good chance of making it back even if you hit with the sweetspot. This isnt all that risky once you have the timing down.
true, I would have to see you do it to even attempt just so i can get the timing down. And about the TS, yea some of the sheiks i play get back fairly easy after i do it so this could be the game breaker when i play some sheiks and it will definately surprise people even more than my ganon already does.

Top Bottom