• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW ROB Matchup Discussion: WE'RE DONE!!

emergency

Smash Journeyman
I would like to hear the opinions of the Wario matchup as well.

I want to know what exactly Wario has, that keeps him above R.O.B. .

I apologize that I can't contribute much for my lack of knowledge, but I do like to learn.

Ruse

Fox
I would like to hear the opinions of the Wario matchup as well.

I want to know what exactly Wario has, that keeps him above R.O.B. .

I apologize that I can't contribute much for my lack of knowledge, but I do like to learn.
Good match-ups.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Any suggestions for next week? I think its going to be our last "double dose" week.

I was thinking either Peach, Zelda, Mario rediscuss, Pikachu rediscuss... some combination of the two?

If there's anyone else you wanna see... vote for it!

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Well, the Mario boards are talking about ROB atm... so, if a few more of you go and put in your opinions there, we can count that as having rediscussed Mario.

Pit, eh? Lol @ JJ and randomly suggested chars. But, why not. It'll give us a break from beating the same ones over and over.

Any objections to Pit & Pikachu (rediscuss) for next week? Youve got another day or so to get 'em in if there is.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Pit & Pikachu (rediscuss) this week. We'll be moving back down to the "one character a week" from here on out, unless you'd prefer to keep doing two. Whichever. Links available in OP.

Go Go Go!

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Yay I always win ^_^

I'm voting early for next discussion and want.......Lucas :D

EDIT: NVM DO SHEIK. I need help fighting this piece of **** char online <_<

gallax

Smash Hero
the pika matchup is debated in the pika community, but not that ROB has the advantage. ROB is a tough MU for pika since his tilts outrange and prioritize almost everything we do except fsmash. you can reflect our tjolt and thunder and your dsmash beat ours. most of our approaching methods are rendered ineffective too.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Thanks for the input... but, wrong place. Refer to the original post of this thread:

Once a character has been decided on, a new thread for discussion will be made. Just like in Sudai's version, this is a composite directory. Therefore, this will be used to decide WHO WE ARE GOING TO DISCUSS NEXT. Each discussion will last approximately one week.

buenob

Smash Lord
just a small thing, every link on the first post is broken :)

all the urls are right, it's just the BBcode that didn't quite format properly

ps. thanks for aggregating this for us!

TheMike

Smash Lord
The Mario discussion link isn't working
I think we should discuss it at ROB Boards =]

TheMike

Smash Lord
Since we haven't had a matchup discussion in a LOOONG time, and I don't want to force Sudai to partake in upkeeping vBrawl related threads with his interest in Brawl+ (aside from the standard sticky-ing, locking), and I'm doing the matchup synopses- I figured that it makes sense that I oversee the finishing out the discussions.

Once a character has been decided on, a new thread for discussion will be made. Just like in Sudai's version, this is a composite directory. Therefore, this will be used to decide WHO WE ARE GOING TO DISCUSS NEXT. Each discussion will last approximately one week. Participation of other character mains are encouraged! Once the discussion of a character is finished, its thread will be moved here.

Characters Not Discussed:
I know that some characters have discussions on their boards about ROB that some of us have taken part in. While these provide valuable data, the turnout by the ROB mains on said boards was lackluster to say the least. Also, many of those are extremely outdated, and so warrant a "fresh" discussion. I also realize that characters have been covered in "loose" discussion here inasmuch as someone wanting tips against certain characters (which turns into a nice little thread), but these discussions usually focus on a few (or only one) facet/s of the matchup. Therefore, it should be noted that they need to be FULLY discussed.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

So... who should we talk about??
Sudai, i think these parts that i mentioned isn't really necessary now. Probably, making a small text just to say that we have a text(LOL) at the beginning of the OP and maybe something about Match-ups re-discussions would be a nice idea IMO.

If u approve, i can write those texts.

Top Bottom