• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Pokédex! Currently Discussing: Marth and Ness

T-block

B2B TST
The Pokédex

All right guys. I think it's time to get this done for real. This thread will serve as a central hub for matchup discussions, containing links to individual matchup threads, as well as allowing for discussion about the discussion process itself.

We will aim to do two matchups at a time, although the discussion will be allowed to flow naturally, without a strictly enforced schedule.

Matchup information will be edited in as we progress.

T-block

B2B TST
Okay ladies and gentlemen:

New format for each matchup summary:

Videos: list of videos
Frame Data: links to frame data threads
Relevant Numbers: character values (walk speed, dash speed, air speed etc.)
Squirtle: role in the matchup, why this matchup is good/bad, how to play Squirtle in this matchup, which moves to use and when, tricks from the opponent to be aware of
Ivysaur: see above
Charizard: see above
Switch Strategy: which pokemon to start, general switch strategy
Stages: counterpicks, bans, strikes, any matchup-stage specific information

If there is anything else you think might be useful, feel free to bring it up here.

When we do matchup threads, it'd be great if you could give input on the sections Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Switch Strategy, Stages. We can continue discussion based on the input we get for those. Of course, if you don't want to say something about all five, that's fine as well. Any input is appreciated.

I will pretty up the OP eventually.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Nice initiative T-Block. I would love to contribute but I don't have enough experience so maybe i'll look at frame data and find videos and ****.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Hey guys so we kinda have an empty matchup thread....I was looking through a lot of the other character boards MU threads and more of their listings for PT impressed me.

Can we possibly get this up and running because it would be solid info for us to have.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
PT is my awesome fun secondary. I can tell stuff that's wrong and you can correct me and we all learn something new.

Top Bottom