• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Lucario Aura Boost Equation (MASSIVE FAIL ITT T.T)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hough123

Smash Ace
After a day of testing, and an epiphany of pure genius, I present you all with Lucario's Aura Boost in all it's glory:

y=(0.08x+b)s

y=Damage done.
x=Lucario's health.
b=Base damage at 0%
s=Stock boost**.

**Stock Boosts are as follows:
-2=1.4
-1=1.2
0=1
+1=.9
+2=.8

NOTE: Lucario's boost starts at around 30%, so this is only needed at >30%. This whole equation is based off of this rule. Also, don't try using this at 0% =.=

This is based off of this chart or Lucario's estimated AS damage with no stock boost:

This equation does not include move decay, as to make it simpler for the guide. If enough people ask I can make a separate equation below this one in this thread with the decay formula.

As DJ said, this only applies for AS. He then supplied the real equation that I did not find. I'll ask a mod to lock this soon.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Make it solid, and confirm it. When you do, i will C/P it into the guide, or even into the next project.

hough123

Smash Ace
Make it solid, and confirm it. When you do, i will C/P it into the guide, or even into the next project.
That's the sad part, this is almost as solid it'll ever get. I can tweek it a bit, but this is as close as you can get with a non-linear function D:

OH CRAP EPIPHANY! WHAT IF I USED A GRAPH AND OHYESOHYESOHYESBRAINGASMYESYESYES

In other words, brb ;)

OMG I CRACKED THE CODE! LUCARIO'S BOOST IS NOW KNOWN =D

hough123

Smash Ace
Just wondering how long did it take to create this equation?
About an hour. I went with my gut whenever I hit a wall in my thinking and I finally came up with the idea to use a graph. After that I used what I'd learned about graphs to make a function that worked.

That, and I've done this before for other games :laugh:

hough123

Smash Ace
Oh wow only an hour. I thought it would take at least 5 hours. :D
Well about two if you include testing actually.
I'm just glad to make a new one. I was very displeased with the old one because of it's inaccuracy and lack of testing behind it. This one is the exact opposite of it in that sense.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Argh so much math.... How in the world did you get this formula? you hit your head in the bathroom and it occured to you that Aura can be solved?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Closed per request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom