• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

anonymous_joe

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to think I'm an alright Jigglypuff player on the island. I've had my fair share of wins playing as her. From what I've seen, I haven't seen many Jiggs players, so I guess I wouldn't be up against much. But there's always someone better than you, so... whatever!

Anybody know when the next tournament is? Is it Parallax? What other ones are set up as of now?
Yeah on the 31st and both SLH and I play jiggs so there is more than one player

R3N0

Smash Lord
._. I haven't really looked into any like great jiggs.. I'd like to make the parallax tournament this weekend, but like.. im going to mass.. for kdj's tournament but still i'd like to see a good jiggs. I mean as sheik.. i haven't really.. i dunno apparently i played this good jiggs and beat it pretty hard, but i didnt think of it as anything. so..~~
yeah... maybe next parallax tounrament.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
yeah, there's practice beforehand

no offense, but if you're just finding out about smashboards your chances are pretty bad :-

ArticulacyFTW

Smash Cadet
Jesse; Long Beach/North Babylon; Luigi/Peach/Roy/Captain Falcon/Marth/Jigglypuff--hell, throw in Samus too; AIM: ASapientBeing

So, I alternate locales between Long Beach and North Babylon--that puts me in both Nassau and Suffolk?

You figure it out.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
i wonder if i pick up ICs now, will i be good enough with them to counterpick sheik by saturday...

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
Probably not..it's not so bad learning to play as them normally, but desyncing takes some time to perfect, and that's really what kills shiek along with chain grabs imo. But, thats just what i think, if you can do it, by all means, do :)

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
You'll be hated by the entire tourney ;)

Although go ahead, dont let me stop you, i love the ICs. Also, superryan, switchin up my mains yet again. Now it's Ice Climbers, Doc Mario, and Yoshi. Secondary...erm...everyone else i suppose. Less than a week left now.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
Im not that excited really :confused: I know the have tourneys monthly. they had one last month, so i kinda figured as much. Im just happy that it's coming up. I mean, comps are good and all, but its nice to play against real people and just have fun and stuff.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
stalker, you could have just pm'd me or something -_-

nobody tell him or i'll wobble you

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
Is it such a secret? ;)

Alright, then if you find some time, could you pm me your mains? Odd..i just had deja vu...like you said that exact phrase "nobody tell him or i'll wobble you" once before. ...:dizzy:

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I hear that is a first post that tells you everyone their mains but then again it cuold just be a rumor i doubt that it's true.

the_exSOLDIER87

Smash Rookie
OMG theres a first page were is it !!!!111!
oh and ryan/slh bring like 1 or 2 tapes slh got me to bring my vcr to record tounrey and friendly matches :)

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
SLH said:
no, not a secret. just a surprise

mm $5?
sure, if you want to. Im sure it'll be a good game :)
superryan said:
I hear that is a first post that tells you everyone their mains but then again it cuold just be a rumor i doubt that it's true.
go ahead and laugh, i forgot what page i was on. My memory is basically the equivalent of a 90 year old man with half a brain..that's trippin on some bad acid. I thank the person who made the notepad :laugh: But you still havent fixed my new mains, so how can i rely on that? :p just messin with ya..im sure you're busy.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
sure, if you want to. Im sure it'll be a good game :)
go ahead and laugh, i forgot what page i was on. My memory is basically the equivalent of a 90 year old man with half a brain..that's trippin on some bad acid. I thank the person who made the notepad :laugh: But you still havent fixed my new mains, so how can i rely on that? :p just messin with ya..im sure you're busy.
I did actually put in your new mains unless you edited your post or something.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
yep yep. I switched it up to Doc Mario, IC's, and Yoshi. Its cool though, it was a few posts ago and probably nobody saw it. And SLH, i guess..maybe..ICs...or doc...i'll see come saturday.

R.P.

Smash Rookie
My brother has stopped playing in favor of Gears of War. If any (skilled) people want to play at some point over spring break (through April 8 for me), send me an IM.

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
Yo guys, haven't posted here in a while...but I just wanted to let everyone know that sometime during break next week I plan to hold a fest at my house...I'm not sure what day though so let me know what day is good for everyone.
I'm so going to this smashfest :) Fridays/Saturdays are best for me.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
if i'm not suffering from post-tourny depression i'll try to go

bglaugher

Smash Rookie
i kno some ppl going like 3 or 4 some one be kind enough to record matches that would be cool

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
Me and my two friends are going, but only two of us are playing. Doubles man...and i hope someone records so i can get some videos online. Anyone else doing doubles? I would do signles..but it'll probably last until late and it already take an hour to get back home.

Top Bottom