• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Ganondorf

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Hahah. Well, thank you. I'm flattered. Glad you enjoy it so much.

A little status update: after this semester is over I'm moving out to west coast. Once I get out there, I'm gonna have loads of time to mess around with this stuff. Dunno how much I'm gonna do, but at the very least I plan to revise the Melee Ganondorf model so that the UVW map matches Brawl Ganondorf's. In layman's terms: if all goes well, you'll be able to just put textures you would normally use for Brawl Ganondorf onto the Melee model. Making this model much easier to texture for. Because as it is currently, I'm the only one with the .psd file to make all the necessary editing. (It took a lot of time to get it right, there's a whole lot of messy interpolation going on that I weaseled around in an intentionally unprofessional manner. lol)

Also, @WaveKusanagi: I just thought of a way to get Brawl Ganon's head on the model while keeping face animations as well. Additionally to those who asked about fixing Melee Ganon's face animations, I have a potential solution for that as well that came to mind, but no promises. Haven't tested any of this yet.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
That Ganondorf is gonna be an instant download for me but i wanted to know something first that caught my attention with the pic. I've noticed that in the pic new Ganondorf looks taller. Is this true? And if so does this mess with where the hit boxes are placed at all? I guess what I'm asking is did you have to edit the hit boxes at all? My eyes could be playing tricks on me due sheer Ganonpleasure.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
That Ganondorf is gonna be an instant download for me but i wanted to know something first that caught my attention with the pic. I've noticed that in the pic new Ganondorf looks taller. Is this true? And if so does this mess with where the hit boxes are placed at all? I guess what I'm asking is did you have to edit the hit boxes at all? My eyes could be playing tricks on me due sheer Ganonpleasure.
He's not taller. If you look closer you'll see that the new Ganondorf is on a raised part of the stage right next to old Ganondorf.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Oh wow, I can't believe I didn't notice that.:urg:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I like Twilight Princess Ganon better than OoT Ganon but strangely I like yours better than both. Two thumbs up for this model.

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
Someone on BV uploaded a new Ganondorf model with facial animations and such.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32173

Could these New Ganon textures be put over this Ganon hack to give him facial animations and such?

Edit: It also has some meshes and the Melee Ganon sword. Not sure if those would make a difference in changing things.
DAMN that looks amazing. I especially love the melee sword for his down taunt. I'll try it sometime this week. Not sure if it'll work with PM "out of the box" though.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
It's a texture/vertex thingy, so it should work just fine. If Ganon doesn't have one though, I'm gonna use these as alternate costumes for him when 3.0 is released... that is if we are able to alter the ACE as we wanna. Which I think we should be able to.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
It's a texture/vertex thingy, so it should work just fine. If Ganon doesn't have one though, I'm gonna use these as alternate costumes for him when 3.0 is released... that is if we are able to alter the ACE as we wanna. Which I think we should be able to.

Okay. Lastly, where do I put the files? I've decided to use Black Ganon (not sure if I can have more than one stored) and I see there's a pac, and a pcs file. I assume I need both. Are they both going into the Ganon folder in the fighter section? Lastly, I have another mod for Ganon that allows me to use his sword. In order to do that, I had to replace the original Ganon fighter files with those. Will these files effect those? Do I need to get rid of the "sword files" in order to use the skin, or can I just have both the "sword mod" and the texture mod at the same time. Thanks.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Okay. Lastly, where do I put the files? I've decided to use Black Ganon (not sure if I can have more than one stored) and I see there's a pac, and a pcs file. I assume I need both. Are they both going into the Ganon folder in the fighter section? Lastly, I have another mod for Ganon that allows me to use his sword. In order to do that, I had to replace the original Ganon fighter files with those. Will these files effect those? Do I need to get rid of the "sword files" in order to use the skin, or can I just have both the "sword mod" and the texture mod at the same time. Thanks.
Yes copy both the .pac and .pcs files for each texture that you want. You can have up to six. FitGanon00.pac/.pcs through FitGanon05.pac/.pcs. Just copy each color you want and use any of those file names for it... Actually go here. Lol. All the info you need as far as texture hacking goes is right here: Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread - Smash World Forums

As far as being able to use this with the Sword Ganon... I'd say you can since both the mods replace separate files. Although it may cause aesthetic irregularities that won't be enjoyable. Try it out and see.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
Yes copy both the .pac and .pcs files for each texture that you want. You can have up to six. FitGanon00.pac/.pcs through FitGanon05.pac/.pcs. Just copy each color you want and use any of those file names for it... Actually go here. Lol. All the info you need as far as texture hacking goes is right here: Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread - Smash World Forums

As far as being able to use this with the Sword Ganon... I'd say you can since both the mods replace separate files. Although it may cause aesthetic irregularities that won't be enjoyable. Try it out and see.
I tried it all out and it worked perfectly. Also, the sword version worked seamlessly, just like with the original version. Thanks. =)

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Forgot how badass and brutal this guy looks, I somehow lost/forgot about him after 2.5. Ill definitely be using him again for 3.0 if they keep crusty ol brawl gabon in the fray.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
For anyone looking to use these with PM 3.0, I took Apples' CSPs and added that new color bar thing (note these are the vBrawl Default colors, not the custom colors):

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I just added this ganondorf to 3.0 and he plays different compared to Gnon now. I can't dash dance, his utilt does no damage and it has a wind effect that draws in your opponent, and he feels stiff. Is it the FitGanonMotionEtc.pac file?

K.Louis

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2836-0421-0500
I just added this ganondorf to 3.0 and he plays different compared to Gnon now. I can't dash dance, his utilt does no damage and it has a wind effect that draws in your opponent, and he feels stiff. Is it the FitGanonMotionEtc.pac file?

Nothing in moveset should be changed. Try dragging all the default Project M Ganon files back into the folder.

Maasik

Smash Rookie
I'd really like to get this but I'm not sure how.. I've checked http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232455& but none of it made sense to me. I'm not exactly the most tech-savy, but I downloaded it, unzipped it, and dragged it over into my SD card folder. That didn't work so what am I doing wrong? Do i put it in the "projectm" folder?

Also does http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32173 work with this or do I have to choose one over the other? If someone could help me out by letting me know what to do to get the skins, I'd really appreciate it because it doesn't make much sense to me lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom