• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
© 2004-2009 TinyPic®, a Photobucket Video & Photo Sharing Company

I tried e-mailing them. Hopefully it works out. ._.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTxQIIzwfrc

Something strange I noticed in this match that I've never noticed before (or maybe I just never paid attention to it).

When TL uses boomerang at 1:00, it knocks off the Falco in a stun/forced get up. How long would this stun last for on the edge of a normal platform? Possible boomerang (edge) into footstool dair spikes? I think it'd be safe.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTxQIIzwfrc

Something strange I noticed in this match that I've never noticed before (or maybe I just never paid attention to it).

When TL uses boomerang at 1:00, it knocks off the Falco in a stun/forced get up. How long would this stun last for on the edge of a normal platform? Possible boomerang (edge) into footstool dair spikes? I think it'd be safe.
naw the falco hit the ground then got arrow locked. The tl shot the arrow right when he was about to land perfect timing ftw.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey I got another question for the advid TL players for my strategy.

I have been manipulating the projectiles alot and I mean alot. I usually stick to camping with the bow and boomerang and then throw a bomb or go in for a smash or two but I try and play defensive. People have been complaining that camping for TL is bad and that I should go in for more attacks. I have tried to keep an aerial game as well pretty decent. I am still learning but when I still win they say my strategy is repetitive and I should NOT be camping with TL....I am so confused. Is relying on projectiles the right thing to do?

Also if anyone wants to help me with dittos battle so I could learn a few tricks please let me know while I wait for an answer ima keep reading this thread.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
You camp, pressure with walls of projectiles, and when you seen an opportunity, run in and aerial/zair them off stage. Camping for too long, as in, waiting till like the 180%~ is a bit pointless.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yea I am not there all the time but I do go in for attacks. I am just trying to find out if my strategy is right. Cuz everyone is telling me I am wrong but thanks for telling me I am finally doing something right so if they don't like my annoying projectiles then shame to them. >:p

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The specific way you camp, as in the walls and traps you set up may not work on higher level players, but yeah camping is good for Toon, they're probably just complaining because they can't beat it and it's not fun for them, but if you're having competitive matches ignore that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
thank you my god people say I am too annoying to play and am trying to get ready for competition but they say my method is too repetitive when they still get caught in it so ima just ignore it. Thanks you two I feel much better of how my TL is progressing. :D

Hyro

Smash Lord

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
Hyro. I've seen that, and I know about arrow locking. The question I was posing was knocking people off of ledges with a boomerang.

yoichX

Smash Apprentice
Hey i pulled out a arrow while in the air and somehow i shifted forward a little O-O???

Hyro

Smash Lord
Ooooh. Even when you powershield on the edge, you'll still fall off. It's equal to shielding off the edge and getting pushed off. You aren't in any stun. You can do any aerial out of it, airdodge out of it, or tech it. That falco just sucked. Hence the messed up chaingrabs and bad spacing lol

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
Ah I see. For a sec I thought we found ourselves a new situational, butt ****** tech. :[

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Some characters are finding some locks and infinites on Diddy using his own banana, wonder if Toon Link can.

Alzi

Smash Master
That would be intresting to see Mota it definatly would help us more in the match up and we can finally give him a taste of his own Banana's. :p

This has got to be the best thread in the whole of toon link boards though.

Nyjeezy

Smash Rookie
Possible new bomb/ledge tech? :l

Found this randomly and don't think I saw it in the bomb section.

Pull out bomb>Run off ledge>as soon as you are off the ground, drop the bomb in the air-dodging fashion. If done with good timing, the bomb should fall onto the edge and explode instead of falling down beside it while TL air-dodges out of it's way. Another thing that could happen is the bomb just sitting on the edge if it is released close enough to the ground. But that requires closer timing. I think this tech blocked a CPU from grabbing the edged once. Apparently bombs can do that if they explode on the edged right before someone grabs the edge. But I think I might be wrong.

So yeah....This is my first post in the forums, BTW Lol.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Is the idea behind it just to stop opponents grabbing the edge?

I'm guessing that would have already been thought of though, considering Z dropping bombs at the ledge from get-ups has already been done.

Pull out bomb>Run off ledge>as soon as you are off the ground, drop the bomb in the air-dodging fashion. If done with good timing, the bomb should fall onto the edge and explode instead of falling down beside it while TL air-dodges out of it's way. Another thing that could happen is the bomb just sitting on the edge if it is released close enough to the ground. But that requires closer timing. I think this tech blocked a CPU from grabbing the edged once. Apparently bombs can do that if they explode on the edged right before someone grabs the edge. But I think I might be wrong.

So you're saying that when we walk out of the edge, we should iBomb since the iBomb drops behind us instead of in front of us? And with that, if you were to run off the edge, with good timing, the bomb will drop on the edge that's directly behind us?

Sounds cool. Does it work, or does it just fall under the stage?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm pretty sure it's set by some percentage/knock back formula.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Basically, I meant being able to bomb drop anything we jumped by canceling the jump with a double jump ASAP.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Oh...don't think that's possible since dropping the bomb immediately after short hopping isn't possible. It's not the DJ that makes a bomb drop possible, it's the fact that you're waiting till RIGHT before you hit the ground to DJ to like....minimize the amount of space between you and the ground.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Some characters are finding some locks and infinites on Diddy using his own banana, wonder if Toon Link can.
Not a bad idea here. I've messed around with bananas before and found some interesting things. I think we can do the single nana lock, but that's way too hard. So what we want to know is, can we do an infinite, that's actually do-able.

Believe it or not, I actually did this by accident the other day and it looked quite interesting (I'm not trying to steal credit or anything XD, you were the first one to post it, so that's how it works. I'd actually forgotten about it.). I'll try remember to look into this when I get my wii back and possibly even add it if I find some cool uses. So thanks for letting me know. (great first post btw, you're welcome here anytime.)

Basically, I meant being able to bomb drop anything we jumped by canceling the jump with a double jump ASAP.
Interesting idea, but I think Hyro is right. Still, this is another thing that I'll have to quickly check out at some point.

Dude, there's going to be a massive update of this thread when my wii comes home. I'm so sick of waiting.... It's a good thing I've got the guide to keep me busy.

zaf

Smash Lord
this thread is amazing. I only play b+, but there are countless at's here that i can use.
Im going to spend a lot of time testing all these ats

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@Zaf: All of it should work in B+ except maybe for some D-smash stuff. Cause wasn't the D-smash changed? (omg, no BCD for you XD) And the F-smash was also changed I think, other then that, I can't remember what else was changed, but if it was just the D-smash and F-smash, then as I said, it'll all work except some of the D-smash stuff. Yeah, so knock yourself out XD. (wow, that saying looks bad when written down...)

"Good news everyone!"
I got my wii back! Hellz yeah.
So there will be a quick update, that I don't have time to write atm.... But I'll get on to writing it tomorow, I swear XD. It'll include the Double Jump Drop (DJD), Arrow locking (don't ask why it wasn't there before, I have no idea.), the infinite on diddy (it works) and the (I still don't have a name) running off a platform Ibomb thingie that makes the bomb land on the plaform, behind you.

I can't remember if there was anything else I was supposed to test, I've looked through the thread but maybe it was posted somewhere else. So if you could be so kind as to jog my memory, then I would be happy to test it for you.

Edit: Oh yeah! So I was stuffing around with doing the Reverse SAFC in a different way (atm, it's run, hit back, jump then instantly cancel the jump with Up-B near the edge. I was using Run, Jump, Instantly cancel the jump with Up-B then Instantly Hit back near the edge. This method works just fine and I was thinking of adding another 'how to perform' to the Reverse SAFC. Anyway.) and I wavebounced the SAFC back under the platform with considerable momentum. Now if you're wondering why this has significance, well it means that we can laglessly wavebounce off platforms and go straight into any other attack. So we can wavebounce aerials for example. I'm still unsure what the difference was between the Reverse SAFC and this wavebounced one as I've only done it twice, but if I was to guess, I'd say it has something to do with the timing. Just thought you might want to know.

Edit: Update complete! I told you I'd do it.

Mota

The way they're talking about seems very likely some unreleased AT exists.
Although reading it again, it might have nothing at do with dash cancelling at all. XD
We'll just have to wait and see.

Just stumbled across it *shrugs*

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The link isn't working atm, so I'll check it out later, but I think I know what you mean. You JC throw the Bomb forwards then instantly Dash towards it and D-smash. It should work cause you can make it blow up infront of you and I've gotta say, that's quite ingeneous. Now I'm only wondering if it's possible to turn around before the D-smash, otherwise I can only imagine this working form somewhere in the middle of the stage. So it's either a work in progress or it already works. If only the link worked.... curses XD. I'm thinking that youtube might be down for a little while and it's not the link that's the problem.

I'll check again later.

Mota

Dangit Hyro I can't get it.

So it's JC throw the bomb forward and grab the bomb with a fair.

Very sexy stuff. ^_^

zaf

Smash Lord
Dangit Hyro I can't get it.

So it's JC throw the bomb forward and grab the bomb with a fair.

Very sexy stuff. ^_^
i was doing this in b+ for a while now.

i just never thought it would work in vbrawl/ i dont come here often

either way i havent found any good applications for this

Hyro

Smash Lord
The link isn't working atm, so I'll check it out later, but I think I know what you mean. You JC throw the Bomb forwards then instantly Dash towards it and D-smash. It should work cause you can make it blow up infront of you and I've gotta say, that's quite ingeneous. Now I'm only wondering if it's possible to turn around before the D-smash, otherwise I can only imagine this working form somewhere in the middle of the stage. So it's either a work in progress or it already works. If only the link worked.... curses XD. I'm thinking that youtube might be down for a little while and it's not the link that's the problem.

I'll check again later.
...wtf u talkin about lol.

dsmash??? bomb blowing up???

even if you could, if you dash...you can't dsmash, you would dash attack.

and there is no good applications for this like most of tl's techs.

Top Bottom