• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
The article clearly raises awareness of Ness, why give coverage to just 1 of the characters that where deconfirmed?.. I think this raises Ness' change as a playable character imo
Hahahahaha... You're funny. Ness it out, wether that article says so or not. FACE IT.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
The article clearly raises awareness of Ness, why give coverage to just 1 of the characters that where deconfirmed?.. I think this raises Ness' change as a playable character imo
Really, b/c it's only a picture with a caption? I hope they release coverage on Daisy and put a caption with it. Even SamuraiPanda said "Do You Remember Ness?" would be a title you put when a character is deconfirmed. I agree with that. The article does nothing for his inclusion or deconfirmation.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Wait...so what the hell is going on? I read the thing about Ness on Brawl Central but all it did was make me confused. :0
It was translated wrong as a joke on serebii forums. People took it seriously until the real translation came in.

"Do you remember Ness?

Ness, a representative of the Mother 2 series, has been appearing in Smash. He started out in Smash Bros. as a hidden character. In order to make him playable all that trouble you had to go to...Incidentally, the movie featured on the official website reveals that Mr. Saturn is still a throwable item."

Basically, it says that Ness was hard to unlock in Smash 64 and Mr. Saturn being a returning item in Brawl could allude to something. The word Incidentally linking it to reminiscing about Ness. It didn't confirm or dis confirm anything.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Hahahahaha... You're funny. Ness it out, wether that article says so or not. FACE IT.
Really, b/c it's only a picture with a caption? I hope they release coverage on Daisy and put a caption with it. Even SamuraiPanda said "Do You Remember Ness?" would be a title you put when a character is deconfirmed. I agree with that. The article does nothing for his inclusion or deconfirmation.
If you guys didn't support Bowser Jr, I'd think you were completely close minded.

Oh well... 11 days till character roster revealed, then we will know the truth.

courte

Smash Lord
man it must be nice to worship some guy. [no offense to panda] but what are the perks of your religion?? seriously don't be a sheep

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
man it must be nice to worship some guy. [no offense to panda] but what are the perks of your religion?? seriously don't be a sheep
Apparently if you have some high rank on these forums everything you say is "QFT!!"

ON Topic: I hope Ness comes back with a similar feel, but some different moves.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I'm posting in this soon to be epic thread to see how many haters and doubters of Ness will come back to admit they were owned. It didn't happen for the Pokemon Trainer thread, but I sure hope it happens now. =3 Congrats, Ness fans! Ness is in!

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I'm posting in this soon to be epic thread to see how many haters and doubters of Ness will come back to admit they were owned. It didn't happen for the Pokemon Trainer thread, but I sure hope it happens now. =3 Congrats, Ness fans! Ness is in!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Lets all embrace this moment guys, we were flamed for so long, and in the end we were right - and they were wrong... Suck it ness haters... for you are the ones who were in denial.. "up until now" atleast :D

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Well guys, I'm here to apologize.

I'll admit it, I was a firm believer in Ness' return until the Lucas Special Moves update came along. I then wondered why Sakurai would do such a thing as remove one of the original 12, but later ended up liking the idea, seeing as Lucas looked much better (to me) than Ness did. I would be happy if the Mother representatives were Lucas and Claus.

But I guess I was wrong. Though I still hate Ness, and see Lucas as a much cooler character (even though I haven't played the game), I will still accept the apparent truth. The only thing I can hope for now is that Ness would not be a clone of Lucas, or vice versa.

Yet still, congratulations to all of you who never doubted Ness' return.

D

Deleted member

Hey, the original 12 tradition lives.

But what about Claus and Mewtwo? )'=

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Wow.

I love Sakurai for this kind of stuff, though. I have to admit.:laugh:

Ness FTW!

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
To all the people out there who argued with supporters for many, many pages about how Ness "couldn't possibly be back!", all I have to say is roflmfao. I hope you guys are thoroughly embarrassed.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I was a supporter of Ness returning until Lucas' specials update, the I found confort in Claus' chances and what a great character he would be. Now I don't know what to feel. If Ness has a different moveset I'm happy, if he's a clone ****, they would have thrown away a potentially great moveset for a clone.

I mean, I have been a Ness user since SSB, I loved the moves, and now that Lucas had them it was like he just got a costume and I was OK with it.

A third Mother rep anyone?

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Did anyone actually watch the video? Someone obviously modified the pictures. If you watch the video, there is no such information on the stickers. This pictures are phony. You guys are so gullible.

Wardub

Smash Cadet
HAHA Yes, He's back!!! and yes SinisterLizard they are there for very few frames you have to pause it quick But I'm looking at it right NOW. You have been OWNED!!! No other reps from the Mother series unfortunately. This is better than anything I got for Christmas. Silly doubters tisk tisk

courte

Smash Lord
i'm gonna laugh when sinisterlizard chokes on his own d!-- not trying to get banned
glad to see he's back, happier to see so many people...

WRONG!! -Lex

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Wow, just wow. I am so overjoyed by this whole thing. I never, NEVER lost faith in Ness and now my loyalty has been rewarded. And to all of you naysayers, in your face! Luke Groundwalker, why don't you come in here and account for yourself? Too busy hiding in a corner now? That's what I thought.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Talk about a WTF character. Dude, Ness is the biggest wtf character ever. And I shall use him yet again! AND I now love all you future-Lucas users, as I'll probably be one of you! :)

And Luke Groundwalker, YOU FAIL! >_>

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Words cannot express how happy I am.

Also lol @ up until now

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
grats, i wont apologize for denying ness was in, all the evidence "implied" he was out, if that was an intentional mind game of sakuri's or not, i don't know, but he looked to be out.

i will congratulate all of the ness fans who believed in him, although i am sad for your ruined surprise. it would have been great to have thought him to not be in, and then to randomly unlock him.

the only thing i don't like about ness being confirmed is that it seems to confirm clones will be in.

again, congrats.

Top Bottom