• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NANA GAMES!!!!!(aug. 25th)

PB&J

Smash Hero
What: The Nana Games
When: Aug. 25th
Where: Magnolia Village 287 East Crogan St. Apt#1221 Lawrenceville Georgia 30045
Why: 'Cause nana's the best
E/F: $5 door fee $5 Singles $5(each for doubles)
Rules: 4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are done, Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first follow by brackets. Both Single and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.(Pools for singles only)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series unless agree upon by both players.

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Our Needs: T.V.'s and cubes

Your needs: Free food and beverages and free housing the night before and the night after.

eastheaven

Smash Ace
I can't go to both nana games and waba games and atm I'd pay the $10 door fee to play with alpha cus hje'll be there <3

Rushuna

Smash Cadet
Oh, if Waba is canceled then I'll be here. (I'd probably rather be at Evan's anyway!)

I love you Evan!

eastheaven

Smash Ace
Is it? I haven't seen anything that suggests that it would have been cancelled except for PB&J's claim that it had been postponed a month.

Swu

Smash Cadet
as of last saturday, waba wasnt postponed; ill check with the people running it later today and give you guys an update.

if waba is still aug 25 ill second a date change for NANA Games.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*is currently attending Waba Games*

Sorry, but I can't back out on them after I helped them. I second a date change (not September 1st of course, that would be a big mistake :p)

PB&J

Smash Hero
i was at waba games yesterday and they postponed the their date to the end of september, thats why i am having this tourny on the 25th

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
potentially 1 tv
a cube n' a wii if someone wants to be lazy.

PB&J

Smash Hero
ill need at least three more cubes with copies of smash of course and three more tv's and vcr's....

about the door fee i will be having food and drinks all day and night for everybody there thats why..and trust me there will me alot of food

Somasu

Smash Ace
I'll be there with my 'Cube, Smash disc, and maybe my VCR.

EDIT: Evan, you might want to put the date in your thread's title.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Still have to pay the door fee. and plus its only 5 for singles and 5 for each teammate with free food all day and night plus ill house any body

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Given that the Waba Games tourney has indeed been delayed, you can expect me to be here.
GPC attendance is mandatory, unless you're dead and bleeding on the street.

SleepyK

I think we should all go in dead and bleeding make up.

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
D'you think we can project times for the actual tournaments as the day gets closer? Not that I don't love hanging out with y'all all day...

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Assuming I haven't joined the ranks of the living dead, I'll be there.
**** the tournament though, I'll be there for the food. <3

SleepyK

oh, i forgot.
I'll bring a working VCR this time.

SleepyK

I wanna team with Yang-y yang poo. But he's not coming.
teammate plz!

Rushuna

Smash Cadet
I lied. I actually can't spend the night as I have work on Friday.

However, I shall be there bright and early on Saturday. If you're in Athens and need a ride, hit me up =].

Top Bottom