• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "My wifi is just fine!" Thread.

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
All the threads on this board complain about Brawl's wifi.

And I agreed for the first month that traffic just killed us, but now its peoples connection. I'm just finding out I had viruses, and once cleaned I haven't had lag since. Maybe not crystal clear, but only one slight spike every 40 seconds, maybe more.

This thread is for those who have decent connections.

Post what you use to connect, and any advice you might have.

Please don't post complaints on the wifi, but if someone posts a method of connection that you have a question on, feel free to discuss it here.

I use a Standard DSL connection from AT&T yahoo! And connect via a 2 Wire router. (I'm not great with routers, but I can assist with settings and such.)

Now you.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
What viruses? They cause lag? **** <_<
Anyway, wifi could be better but i don't think it's really THAT horrible, I'm just happy if I can play with ppl who don't suck *** as my little brother :=

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
What viruses? They cause lag? **** <_<
Anyway, wifi could be better but i don't think it's really THAT horrible, I'm just happy if I can play with ppl who don't suck *** as my little brother :=
Yeah, I installed avast the other day and played with anyone after running a scan to get rid of everything. I had some clear fights as a result.

@Chic- iknorite? Much better since release, and deffinetly playable.

Chamiso

Smash Cadet
I've pretty much had next to no trouble with wifi other than of course when it seemed to act like it was about completly down.

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
I still get problems usually, but like was said i think most of that is due to peoples connections. Still Wifi is no where near as perfect as XBL for instance, obviously because we aren't paying for the service monthly which is a shame as they'd have made a better one if we had to pay for it ;<

Lord Aether

Smash Apprentice
Input delay is all I seem to get. Even then, it wears off (for the most part) after about 20 seconds... so often times, when I battle with someone, I just recommend moving around with them for about 30 seconds to make sure the massive input delay is gone.

Other times it's the other person's connection that sucks.

btw I leave xchat running and MSN/AIM running and I have verizon fios in a completely different floor on the other side of the house and it runs quite smoothly.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Yeah, input delay is the only trouble I face. Even so, it isn't severe enough to screw up my timing. I use a Nintendo USB, and that makes connecting easy and eliminates basically all lag. The only lag I get comes from my opponent's connection.

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
I used to have satellite (the horror!) But now I have DSL (yay!) But my Wii is in a location the complete opposite of my router broadcasting the signal. So my Wii only receives 1 or 2 bars, randomly. >_> With Anyone has no input lag, but the speed is a little lagged. But friend matches are completely fine so far.

I have Verizon DSL and a Westell Modem/Router Model 7500 (its impossible to find information on.) I used to receive random D/Cs to the main menu, but now I don't get them as often. Odd. >_> And I'm not sure if my portforwarding works or not, cause I see no difference, lol.

SkYHiGh

Smash Cadet
Once I spear all the iphones that my family has (5 btw)
My wi-fi works fine.
iPhone's really cause that much interference? I guess I never thought moving my phone would reduce lag.

I have a Linksys wireless router and using Comcast (bleh) whatever crappy service they provide. My Wii is downstairs and my router is in my brothers room. I guess the distance might cause lag? I heard keeping your wii close to the router can cause lag too though, so I'm indifferent. And the good TV is downstairs. I can't play the Wii on a smaller tv atm :(

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
iPhone's really cause that much interference? I guess I never thought moving my phone would reduce lag.

I have a Linksys wireless router and using Comcast (bleh) whatever crappy service they provide. My Wii is downstairs and my router is in my brothers room. I guess the distance might cause lag? I heard keeping your wii close to the router can cause lag too though, so I'm indifferent. And the good TV is downstairs. I can't play the Wii on a smaller tv atm :(
Distance doesn't normally do it, unless you are bordering on 0-1 bars.

And yes, phones make me lag, but I didn't think cell phones could as well.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Phones are horrid, especially during a match.

Example:
During an online match, I was Lucas.
Ever tried a PKT2 while experiencing supreme lag?
I was ticked, but it was my dad, so I kept quiet.
Plus, it was a business call, and it was a long one.

I got bored, but I still kept going.
JEEZ, I am insanely bored right now.
I think I'll play piano...

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
My Wifi works fine, even when people are on the phone, maybe your wifi's are just... I don't know, maybe someone's just in the way? Everytime I lag, it's because of someone else, never me because it never kicks me out to the main menu. :)

Exia 00

Smash Champion
if you dont notice the lag in a game that
is crutial to timing there maybe something
wrong. no offense but i've noticed that the
people that don't notice the lag are the people
that are not that good .(no offense)
sorry but thats reality
:p

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
if you dont notice the lag in a game that
is crutial to timing there maybe something
wrong. no offense but i've noticed that the
people that don't notice the lag are the people
that are not that good .(no offense)
sorry but thats reality
:p

Hmm? To tell you the truth,its the ones that find fault in something to use as an "excuse" once they are beaten to make themselves feel better.(no offense either) :ohwell:

Anyway,I connect to Nintendude who lives in Connecutt I believe,and I have a Blue-Green connection with him as I do with most people because my internet isnt garbage as others maybe? I do notice the input lag with lower colored connections (Red for me) but with higher speeds,none what so ever.Me and Nintendude be flip kicking away via Mario no problem at all,and if anyone doesnt like that,well,you have 2 options really,Get N or get out. :)

Top Bottom