• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mushroom Bandit: Nabbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Yeah, Junior's bandana looks like a 3 year old drew it while Nabbit's is a much smoother design.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
LOL I was kind of expecting this by now. Sort of off topic but, if the items don't work on him how would he fly on stage parts required to? But maybe I am overthinking that.

But in Smash game, what if his godhax gets in the game and can't be damaged? lol. Then again Wario was pretty much immortal in some of his games and got damagd.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think it is kinda funny how Nintendo would rather put in Nabbit as a playable character in a main Mario game over Waluigi. :troll:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Nabbit will probably be an assist. Even though i wouldn't mind using him. I think Rosalina would be even better.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Rosalina, Nabbit, and Waluigi would be great as Assist Trophies from Mario series. I prefer to have generic Mario enemies appear as enemies in the Adventure Mode.

D

Deleted member

I think it is kinda funny how Nintendo would rather put in Nabbit as a playable character in a main Mario game over Waluigi. :troll:
It would be funny, if Waluigi being in Nabbit's place would make even a shred of sense.
Sometimes I wonder if you even think before attempting to troll.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I agree with the sentiment that he'll likely be an assist character of some sort. I could see him jumping on the other players and obviously, he'd steal items and stuff. Though I will say that Nabbit has an interesting design.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I like the idea of Nabbit now. He and Waluigi are tied for me. Sucks that they're both the most likely chars to be assists. Must be the curse of being purple. Hmmm... Purple.... What if.....

....Nabbit is actually Waluigi?:troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You guys are both wrong, it's really that Vaati guy. He's purple too.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nabbit is one of only 3 characters to be playable in a Mario Platformer and not in Smash Bros. The others are Toad and Rosalina. Unless we expand that definition to include the Spin-off series and then we got a lotta Kongs to contend with.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
It would be funny, if Waluigi being in Nabbit's place would make even a shred of sense.
Sometimes I wonder if you even think before attempting to troll.
(Aware this is late but...)
I dunno, I think the role of a greedy thief would fit him and especially Wario pretty well to be fair. Nabbit's a greedy character; Wario and Waluigi are depicted as greedy. Actually now I think about it I'm a little disappointed Wario at least wasn't in NSMBWiiU/Luigi U like this; he's also an invincible character that tends to steal and is motivated by greed.

Bluepikmin11; did you revive this after reading about my dream? Damn you!

D

Deleted member

Two questions, YoshiandToad:

1. Why would Waluigi help Luigi out for any reason whatsoever?
2. Considering Waluigi's lanky proportions, how would he work in an environment designed for people much shorter than him?

Also, greed is not one of Waluigi's characteristics. That's all Wario.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Two questions, YoshiandToad:

1. Why would Waluigi help Luigi out for any reason whatsoever?
2. Considering Waluigi's lanky proportions, how would he work in an environment designed for people much shorter than him?

Also, greed is not one of Waluigi's characteristics. That's all Wario.
1. Hard to tell; Wario's aided Mario in the past and we don't really know much about Waluigi and Luigi's rivalry aside from a few cut scenes in Mario Tennis/Golf. We know they don't like one another much but that's about it, but do they dislike one another more than Mario and Wario? I'd hazard he could of had his own reasons for helping in much the same way Nabbit did, considering Luigi and the Toads have prevented him from getting away with his plans in the past.
We've seen Waluigi as a bit of a romantic wannabe in Mario Party; Luigi's saving a princess, Waluigi may of wanted to steal her (heart) himself. Perhaps realizing the reason the Mario Bros. are so famous is because they save Peach and beat Bowser constantly, Waluigi would try and do similarly so he can finally get the recognition he craves.

2. Granted ol' Walu is a whole head taller than Luigi according to this screen anyway(I'm guessing someone has put the effort in here to get the heights accurately):

So I'll concede he might of bumped his head a fair few times since some of the levels(particularly the dungeon ones) are quite compact unless he bent his legs a whole bunch and snuck around, which whilst matching a lot of his official art would probably look a little...odd. Waluigi does tend to do a lot of odd things though in the spinoffs; swim through air open his mouth constantly in Mario Sports Mix until he resembles a slightly haunted muppet doll, summon walls of brambles from no where and can teleport. I'm not sure a sneak would be that much of a stretch.
There was no such physical traits however to stop Wario from Nabbit's position, who even has roughly the same properties; immunity to damage, shorter than Luigi, a thief, etc.

That's not a Waluigi trait? I thought he was greedy for fame and recognition at least if not gold and riches like Wario. Master gentleman cat burglar would gain some fame for sure!

Besides which, let's be honest: Waluigi was more deserving of appearing in a Luigi game than this purple raving rabbid. That's why I think he would of been a better choice.

D

Deleted member

Problem with any of the big name characters is that you don't want them to upstage Luigi in his own limelight.

What we got: "Look, Luigi is the star followed by those two Toads and that rabbit....thing....but whatever; it's LUIGI!"

What would happen if Wario and/or Waluigi was in: "Look, Luigi is the star with those two Toads/one of those Toads and OH MY GOD WARIO/WALUIGI IN A PLATFORMER! Screw Luigi, it's all about WARIO/WALUIGI!"

From a retrospect, it could have just been Luigi and three Toads (a red one replaces Mario) and it would have worked just the same. Nabbit seemed to just be a gimmick thrown in because "we need a 4th player that's not Mario and won't upstage Luigi".

As for being helpful, Wario's willing to do good deeds so long as there's ample reward for it.
The only case where this doesn't apply is Super Mario 64 DS, unless Wario really loves cake....

....then again.....
(As a side note, Wario is shorter than normal in Brawl. He's actually about Luigi's size in the Mario series.)

Waluigi is too rotten to the core to willingly do anything that would help others, let alone his (self-proclaimed) archnemesis. Waluigi's relationship to Luigi is far worse than Wario's to Mario.

As for greed, no. Seeking fame isn't greed.
And it's not fame Waluigi seeks. What he seeks is funnily enough, world domination. However, he's a little too sidetracked with his pure hatred for others (especially Luigi) and his ambition to be superior to them to make himself feel good.
Wario feels he's the top dog, but Waluigi feels the opposite and doesn't want to show it.

Essentially, Wario and Waluigi are negative extremes of their "good" counterparts if that helps you understand.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Honestly I always assumed Waluigi is just seeking attention. His plans of "world domination" are just him talking out his butt like when he says "Everyone is a cheater except me!" when he loses. The guy is incredibly childish and insecure and just acts more evil than he actually is.

But anyway back to Nabbit. I see the guy as a playable character in future Mario Kart and Sports games, but you need a little more history to be a new playable Mario representative in Smash. After all he's up against a ton of other important Mario characters.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
I think New Super Luigi Bros. U is a joke I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously and it would be better as a costume for munchlax if he was playable but as of now he is better as an assist trophy

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
As for being helpful, Wario's willing to do good deeds so long as there's ample reward for it.
The only case where this doesn't apply is Super Mario 64 DS, unless Wario really loves cake....
This is very late, but wasn't it explained that the reason Wario helped out in 64 DS was so that he could steal Peach's treasures behind their back? Or something like that.

Anywho, I like Nabbit. Glad to see he's getting prominence in Mario games. Mario Golf is only the start.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

"Pic of the day. Here's Nabbit, who appears in the Mushroom Kingdom U stage. You can't see him, but Luigi is inside Nabbit's bag."

Proof that not all the stages in the demo were complete. Oh well, he did seem like an interesting concept for a playable character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Luigi is inside Nabbit's bag, does that mean you need to catch Nabbit to unlock Luigi?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

"Pic of the day. Here's Nabbit, who appears in the Mushroom Kingdom U stage. You can't see him, but Luigi is inside Nabbit's bag."

Proof that not all the stages in the demo were complete. Oh well, he did seem like an interesting concept for a playable character.
nabbit literally stole the year of luigi

now begins the decade of nabbit

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If Luigi is inside Nabbit's bag, does that mean you need to catch Nabbit to unlock Luigi?
I thought it just meant that Nabbit is a stage hazard that comes on stage and "swipes" a character. In this case, Luigi was fighting Kirby, and then Nabbit came and "stole" him and now he's trapped in Nabbit's sack.

(I get that it's a joke? Or is it...? Ooh, possible plot twists.)

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
You might think this is just some sort of funny hazard.

But this is all a scheme to steal Luigi's playable slot.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Nabbit will appear in Mario Party 10 as playable. Then, Mario Kart 9. He then shows up constantly in spin-offs, until he's a secret character in Mario Galaxy 3.

Then.. Smash.

Years after Smash, Nabbit becomes Mario's sidekick. Luigi is still there, but gets virtually no mention anymore.

Then one day, Luigi is completely absent from a core Mario title.

Luigi cut from Smash completely.

Accept the future; Accept Nabbit.
Joking

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom