• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The moves-->aerial footstool project: Character 1: Ness.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I was told, though with little uncertainty that Ness' Utilt combo's into a footstool.

If this is indeed true, than there is quite a possibility that this can come out of it:

Utilt(-->Utilt)-->aerial footstool-->FF Fair lock-->jab lock-->jab lock-->till under 24ish%.-->ending with whichever smash or earial you want due to that the opponent is forced to standup due to the Fairs and jabs locking effects.

Thoughts? More moves Ness has that combo into an aerial footstool I dont (yet) know about, which may have the same potential as Utilt?

At the end of this project all moves--> aerial footstool-->locks-->forced standups-->most damaging move of the character in question/or move with the most knockback of the character in question, and all moves-->aerial footstool-->FF aerial endings will be listed in one thread.

Thanks for in advance for your contribution.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
There's a combo for this already.

Utilt > footstool > downB momentum cancel > nair (i think) > jab lock > fsmash

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
There's a combo for this already.

Utilt > footstool > downB momentum cancel > nair (i think) > jab lock > fsmash
Nice. Though Ness' Fair locks till a higher percentage as Nair if I'm not mistaking.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
From what i recall about the setups in question, it was far too situational to rely on it often

TheVince

Smash Apprentice
Try watching around 3:50-4:10 of [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3myya7rcfO0]this video[/URL] from our good buddy EB360 for set up options.

Basically just Utilt --> footstool --> psi mag (to cancel momentum) --> jab lock --> (dtilt lock)

It is so situational it really doesn't seem like it is worth it =S.

By the way, what is this Fair lock? >_>

Uffe

Smash Hero
Your link is broken. Here it is. The fair lock starts at 3:00 and the PSI Magnet jab lock starts at 4:00. And the PSI Magnet doesn't cancel momentum.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Fair lock is just hitting with the sourspot and landing before the hit with knockback gets off...

... if this was just setups into locks, then pkfire (ensuring they are caught in the pillar) > SH>Dair>FF (the end so that you land more quickly, but still with near 0 landing lag) > jab lock wherever the enemy went seems to be the most practical for me, but i never pull it off...... if the dair hits them up, then nvm. if they DI too far left or right, or back into the pillar, it doesn't matter.

Aerials... sh dair with fastfall for quicker ending.... best option, but they need to be in the air, which makes it even more difficult... after that, I would go with nair, hitting with the lower area of ness... low angle and you can still move forward, AND it allows a few fair sourspot hits even from a SH. this is just theoretical, but i remember having a couple of chances to do this but failing... it all depends on you're opponent, because the guaranteed footstool combos of most characters are near impossible to get off consistently.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I don't think U-tilt combos into footstool, in that video he N-aired to u-air to footstool.

I think people can air dodge out of the u-tilt lag before you can land the footstool

I mean, Ness' D-air autocancels and almost no one techs it. That's what I use to set up jab locks

Top Bottom