• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The move that breaks through the hammer.

Yoshi1000

Smash Rookie
Running from the opponents that got the hammer is annoying. I've learned you can break right through the hammer. Just jump high above the opponent and use Yoshi's ground pound move and you will almost always break through hammer and damage the opponent and send the opponent flying. The move does not break through the golden hammer.

Scala

Smash Ace
Good to know but people on this forum generally don't play with items. I'm not saying everyone, just a majority.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I don't play with items unless at a party with less experienced people. But yeah, this doesn't break through the hammer everytime, depends on where the hitbox is (sometimes it'll be out front when the hammer is at the end of its swing, or right above the opponent at the beginning of the swing) so yeah depends on when you hit as well.

Yoshi1000

Smash Rookie
I don't play with items unless at a party with less experienced people. But yeah, this doesn't break through the hammer everytime, depends on where the hitbox is (sometimes it'll be out front when the hammer is at the end of its swing, or right above the opponent at the beginning of the swing) so yeah depends on when you hit as well.
yeah i don't play with items usually. But just thought it be good information.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You can break through the hammer with other items too right? Like a green shell?

Not like it matters though, I don't know anyone who plays with items...plus, who uses Yoshi? No offense. Pink Yoshi owns in Melee.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Uhhh yeah items are not really used that much because there not tournament legal so this is thread is pointless.

Defender

Smash Rookie
Throwing eggs sounds a lot safer, IMO.
Throwing eggs is generally the best idea, but I appreciate the information about the Yoshi Bomb being useful for getting past hammers because it could be a useful tactic if you are already in the air and have to find a way to land safely.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
plus, who uses Yoshi? No offense. Pink Yoshi owns in Melee.
Sorry to the people that can't stand looking at the statements after that.:dizzy:

I don't mean to start an argument guys...I just meant not many people use him. I use him for fun, I mean c'mon...:ohwell:

Only a loser would quote himself. Oops...

Top Bottom