• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The most satisfying move

Meowjesty

Smash Rookie
Warlock punch. It's especially satisfying if they try to hit you out of it, only to get hit themselves.
Gee, I did this as a beginner a lot because I didn't know what super armor was. It scared the crap out of me, luckily it was really slow so even though I failed to hit Ganondorf, I could just roll aside lol.

Purple_Anteater

Smash Cadet
For me it would probably be the spike hitbox on Luigi's dair. Spikes are all pretty satisfying to land, but this one in particular gets me hype AF.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Link dair spike.

And even though it's common there is just something so damn good about hitting with vanish on sheik. Especially comboing it into the hit when you reappear

Rugal Cuttah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-8390-5278
Its a simple question. Everyone has their particular favorites falcon's knee comes to mind. Landing bowser's down b also is one, the full ground version. Ike's side smash is my favorite. What move feels the best to pull off for you personally? Its something I'm personally interested to hear from all of you

Edit: I'll clarify on my own a bit. Ike's side smash feels heavy, and it is. Its one of the slower moves in the game and incredibly hard to hit with since its super situational. The best moment and usually the only time you can realisticlly pull it off is for edge guarding. A bad recovery and someone is dead it just feels so good to pull off.
Mewtwo s shadow ball attack. No one looks cooler to me in the way he charges a hadoken. Even Ryu doesnt hold a candle to that charging fireball pose. And samus s charge range, just looks menacing with how large the energy cannon gets combined with that life threatening sound effects to boot. You know your in trouble when samus has max charge, fast to come out of nowhere.

Sorry its more of a description of the moves that you know will land you in deep seated paranoia if they hit you then favorites. ha but in all seriousness it is Ike s omnislash and shadow ball of mewtwo.

Terabyte

Smash Rookie
NNID
PokeBoy99
I have to say...

Wario Waft. That would be THE WORST way to get knocked out in real life. But yeah, seeing Wario's body glow orange and seeing your opponent at about 60% or higher, and finding a good chance to just.... Let it all out. Instant satisfaction.

Jigglypuff's Rest goes without saying, but dang! Your opponent is at mid to high percent, you find yourself practically inside of them for a second and TING! You asleep, they dead. RIP.

Mario's/Donkey Kong's forward air. Or anyone with a spiking move for that matter! Just seeing them go down, down, down... And down.

Villager's Tree of Destruction. It looks so hard to land, but you'd be surprised at how many people run into it. Plus you sometimes get a cute little remnant of it to throw to its death.

And my last mention is dedicated to my sister, who loves to use Luigi - Up+B. She loves getting hits with it, especially when it kills two with one hit like it did one time.

hardytack

Smash Rookie
I love pikachu's up-throw into down special, it's not really hard but it is satisfying!

Morbi

Scavenger
Falco's D-Air has always been a favorite of mine, now more than ever given the numerous nerfs to the move. It feels great to properly spike someone with it.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
I love pikachu's up-throw into down special, it's not really hard but it is satisfying!
Even more satisfying is when you get the perfect thunder without using the up throw. A favorite of mine is a sprinting up-smash, followed by a jump, and then the thunder. The timing has to be precise, but it's a great looking combo.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Ganondorf's Warlock Punch, moreover, the reverse Warlock Punch. Nothing is more satisfying.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Kirbys fully charged Hammer
Jigglypuff rest
Zella's FW, Lightning kicks, dins fire, Dair
Peachs Up-b, mr Saturn from turnips and bob-ombs, Fthrow(love the kill slap :p

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
Pikachu's up smash, Charizard's side b and up air, Rob's down smash and up air, and DH's F-throw into can are some personal favorites of mine.

Meowjesty

Smash Rookie
To add onto my previous post, Ness' fsmash is really amazing to hit, especially when it reflects projectiles. Also not sure if it counts but the feeling when you KO with the home run bat....

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Meteors/spikes are easily my favorite moves to kill with, so Ganon's dair is definitely my most satisfying move. It's just so brutal both in how powerful it is and how crazy it looks. Though honestly Ganondorf and Captain Falcon each have a handful of moves in contention for most satisfying.

As an Ike main, I also can't ignore the sheer joy of unleashing a fully charged Eruption through the ledge to catch someone trying to recover low. Pretty hard to time, but it's both useful and super exhilarating.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Fox's Up-Smash is very satisfying, specially now that it got its decreased range.

Shulk's Vision Counter also makes butterflies fly around in my gut.

Smashin Smasher

Smash Rookie
Falcons Punch by far. I love it when you are playing with 4 people and you get launched and as you fall you falcon punch and just as you land he punches and KOs 3 players. One of my favorite moments was when this happened online for glory smash and in the last 7 seconds I killed 3 people with one punch to win the game.

BurgleTurd

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurgleTurd
As much as I want to say Peach's Fair, I'm instead going with getting a star KO with her Up-B, since my opponent probably didn't see it coming. If it was their last stock too, just floating down/off the screen feels like a taunt in itself.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Landing a Peach UpB or Fair kill is nice.

But also using her Uair and shouting "GAY PRIDE GAY PRIDE" is equally satisfying

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
As a Jiggly main, any rest that kills is so satisfying. Shield pressuring to pound shield break is also a really good feeling.
Pikachu is my secondary, thundercloud spiking offstage is also amazing.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
As a Jiggly main, any rest that kills is so satisfying. Shield pressuring to pound shield break is also a really good feeling.
Pikachu is my secondary, thundercloud spiking offstage is also amazing.
I completely agree about Rest. The bat noise makes it all the more satisfying too.

Princess_Emilu

Smash Cadet
For me, its a tie.

Rosalina's Luma Shot. Fully charged. Or even partially charged that gets an early KO. They never see it coming. Actually, they do, they just clumsily set themselves up to be hit by it.

The other... Villager's Tree. Usually induces rage-quit. Its hilarious.

Mariofan13

Smash Cadet
Killing someone with :yoshi:s egg lay. It's a great feeling when the egg falls down staight to the bottom blast line, and I laugh everytimes when this happens :D But it's very, very annoying if I am the player inside te egg^^3

Spiking someone with :ike:s Aether without SDing.

Killing someone by simply farting next to him as :wario:

Last edited:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Ganonciding absolutely does it for me, especially on the final stock with friends online at the side of a relatively large stage like Hyrule Temple. There is something oh so satisfying about the way the camera is already zoomed in on my opponent and myself (assuming the others have been eliminated) and then hearing "GAME!" right as both players scream to their demise in an unseen explosion off-screen, as if time itself suddenly slowed down to account for the epic moment.

This is without a doubt the one finisher that is equally entertaining to watch and enjoyable to experience, even if I am (un)fortunate enough to be on the receiving end. It is even better in this version of Smash, now that Ganon dies last. (Finally!)

Honorable mentions go to Ganon's off-stage stomp spike, Captain Falcon's knee of justice, and Villager's fallen tree, especially when multiple players fall victim to it at once....

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Robin's Side Smash fully charged feels SOOOOO damn good. I even scream when it hits.

Top Bottom