• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the most Over/Under used moves?

grizby2

Smash Lord
so.. what ARE the most under used and over used moves?

for example.

imo, i think i spam ness's down air alot more than other moves, and i definately think PSI Flash is the most under used move. i mean come on, who can seriously land a fully charged PSI Flash?

anyway, just think about all the characters you like to play and what moves you use the most/least.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
When I use Luigi, I use his f-air quite a lot. Underused would be Super Jump Punch. So difficult to land.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Marth's side tilt is the most underused move for me. F-air is very common though

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
For Ness:

In general, I don't see Ness' using enough Yo-yos. But I see a bit too much F-air and F-Smash. =P

For me, I use Yo-yos a LOT, and my least used move would probably be... D-Tilt. I try to use it but when I do I get punished for them not tripping lol

G-Dub

Smash Journeyman
In terms of "used too much but not that great of a move" Id say pikachus down b. People get hit by it too much even at top level play (still not a terrible move tho). And "a decent move that isnt used enough" is DEFINITELY toon links dtilt.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
For the characters I use:
:ganondorf: Most used: U-Air and Flame Choke
Least used: Warlock Punch and Throws

:wolf:Most used: N-Air and Shine
Least used: Up-B and Side-B (Both when on the stage)

In general:
:kirby2: Most used: B-EVERYTHING and F-Smash
Least used: N-Air and D-Tilt

:warioc: Most used: Bike and F-Smash
Least used: Down-B (not charged) and Bite

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
I use Pikachu's Down-B an awful lot. However, I never use his Up-B except if I'm about to die. I also spam counters as fast as I can but it's more a flaw than anything since I become soooo predictable... A shame isn't it?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
:bowser2:: Most overused, side tilt. It's among the most annoying tatics in brawl.

:sheilda:: Most overused, Side tilt.

:pikachu2:: I don't even think I need to say what this one is.

:dedede:: Most underused, Back aerial. It's more useful then many think.

:ivysaur:: Most underused, Side Special. Its very useful for keeping people back.

:metaknight:: Most underused, Up special. I haven't seen many Meta players use it that often, Most just use it for recovery.

G-Dub

Smash Journeyman
Wuuuuuut??? Sorry but who do you play/watch?
Zeldas ftilt is not used too often at high level play (fsmash is however)
MKs upB is used ALL THE TIME not just to recover, but as an Oos option and to destroy attempted recoveries, and occasionally to zone (when platform canceling it)
King DDD's Bair is know internationally as one of the best Bairs of the entire cast.
As for bowsers ftilt, its an ok spacing tool, but is pretty punishable on block.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~

:metaknight:: Most underused, Up special. I haven't seen many Meta players use it that often, Most just use it for recovery.
I can't believe there is someone who actually believes this, I hope you're trolling.

Marth's Fair is overused in the smaller Smash circles, Nair should be incorporated more with less notable Marth's I've seen as of late.

Olimar's Grabs are overused, with obvious reasons.

MK's DSmash is overused, I see MK users panic DSmash and stale the hell out of it.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
nah, he's actually right. Ya'll need to bair more often.
If stale-move negation had no buffer limit, I'm pretty sure most TripleD players' BAir would do no damage nor knockback.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
meta knight's everything :troll:

Ice climber's chaingrab overused but very effective.

I want to learn how to ice climbers, teach me how to ice climbers!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
MK overall is overused, though I rarely see F-throw used, but it's MK, so...

As far as underused
-Mario/Luigi D-tilt (I dont blame em)
-ROB Side-B
-Pit U-tilt and F-tilt... kinda

HoldeN HoT FiyA

Smash Apprentice
New Pikachu players tend to spam thunder, d-smash, and f-smash. And that's pretty much the reason a lot of people don't like Pikachu and think of him as a "spammy" character.

RNH

Smash Cadet
I main snake and Oilmar, I woulnt say I overuse any moves expect for gernades, I just can't stop using that

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
:bowser2:: Most overused, side tilt. It's among the most annoying tatics in brawl.

:sheilda:: Most overused, Side tilt.

:pikachu2:: I don't even think I need to say what this one is.

:ivysaur:: Most underused, Side Special. Its very useful for keeping people back.

At all of it.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Overused:
:rob:-D-Smash, you spot dodge then spam the crap out of this. Works againt nearly everyone
:metaknight:-DSmash once again. Mach Whorenado for being nearly unpunishable and sheild pokes through everything so people spam the crap out of it.
:snake:-U-Tilt, its like he gives birth to a Bowser size hitbox and people will literally just spam it at high percents.
:popo:-U-Air, Being my main that UAir of theirs is so goddam good that it is the only thing you will hit with when you jump.

Underused:

:popo:-As an IC main I never see many Nairs under platforms, people are like addicted to poking with Uair.
:dedede:-Him as my secondary, I never ever see people use his D-tilt besides for ending ledge chaingrabs.
:ike:-Third, his weird U-air that lasts forever. Some people just instictvely airdodge and get wacked by the thing cause its slow as a turtle.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Honestly, the most over used move in the game is Marths Fair. The move is very very good, but in many situations it's actually better to do something else like nair or uair or just sideB, but many just go for the simple fair in that situation and get punished because it's just so easy to go for it.

Toon Link 99

Smash Cadet
MK's Mach Tornado and dsmash. I don't use them much, they're good moves, but it doesn't feel good to just spam them. His f-smash is rarely used.
Kirby's back air must be his most overused move.
And Diddy Kong's banana peels are overused. So annoying. I met a Diddy Kong once who used his banana peels in a very skilled way, so he forced me to battle in the air.

Top Bottom