• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The most hated SSB4 Character...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maikou

Smash Ace
but Nintendo's already done zombies.

ReDeads in Zelda, Risen in Fire Emblem, Dry Bones :troll:
I can troll you back. but I don't feel like it.
and I'm talking about hyperrealistic crap like Rising Dead, and Resident Evil.

we don't have zombies in Kirby, or Pokemon, (though we already have ghosts, and soul-suckers, so uh...yeah, that counts) or F-Zero, or Mario, (Dry Bones are SKELETONS, not zombies)

oh, and there's no such thing as a Trollface game. :troll:
and I lied. :troll:

Last edited:

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo I would love to see back (I do use him a lot), Pichu is too much of a Pikachu clone and was a joke character in Melee (he is dead last on the tier list and had no data refraining to him in Brawl).

However a Pokeball version of Pichu I'll happily take.

Also what's with the Pac-man hate lately?? He's the grandfather of video gaming for crying out loud not seeing him as a playable fighter for these games would be a wasted opportunity, he's got to be in these games and a moveset can be made (if those who have played the 3 Pac-man world games, that's all you need to figure out a moveset).

I also prefer his look from the Pac-man World games, since he doesn't look creepy unlike he does in the Ghostly Adventures.
Pichu just felt better to me. Pac man just feels out of place. Sonic and megaman feel right because they were in platformers originally and that's really all nintendo franchises games are. Pacman was originally a "classic" game and I don't know anyone who plays 3d pacman games their just less popular.
I love Lucario. I play on .5% damage ratio so Everyone stays alive for at least 300%, but regardless, Lucario is a more physical version of mewtwo I feel. III understand most people hate Lucario because they feel it is a copy of mewtwo and that means mewtwo gets cut, but I think he is different enough to be considered not a clone. And his wall jump ability is great.
I don't think anyone thinks he's a clone, he's just not as popular and has a less unique (and fun) play style. I can see how people think he's a replacement though.
If Mii characters make it into the game that will be my most hated character. Right now it's Wii fit trainer. Plenty of people don't take smash brothers as a competetive fighting game already. WFT makes it that much easier for the person who never played smash before to look at WFT and say "no thanks"
WFT looks pretty awesome to me. Miis would be pretty bad (maybe worse than pacman) but WFT seems like a decent addition.
Forget it all!

AND I WON'T CALM DOWN UNTIL PEOPLE STOP INSULTING MY INTELLIGENCE!

SMASH ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE A COMPETITIVE FIGHTING GAME IT IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED CAUSALLY.

WAVEDASHING WASN'T PURPOSEFULLY PUT INTO OR REMOVED FROM MELEE TO BRAWL, IT WAS JUST THE FREAKING AIR DODGE MECHANICS THAT PEOPLE LEARNED TO MANIPULATE TO THEIR ADVANTAGE IN BATTLE!
People can play a game how they want to play it. When you get good enough at a game it makes sense to play competitively against other good players. Frankly. I think the games more fun when taken competitively, so when you try to win no matter what cheap tactics you have to pull. Plus it's fun to watch competitive matches.
You're not stupid. Stand for what you believe in, even(especially, I might add) if you stand alone.
I guess this explains your lone wolf avatar :troll:.
but Nintendo's already done zombies.

ReDeads in Zelda, Risen in Fire Emblem, Dry Bones :troll:
Heck they've even been in smash bros. (project m).

Maikou

Smash Ace
Pichu just felt better to me. Pac man just feels out of place. Sonic and megaman feel right because they were in platformers originally and that's really all nintendo franchises games are. Pacman was originally a "classic" game and I don't know anyone who plays 3d pacman games their just less popular.

I don't think anyone thinks he's a clone, he's just not as popular and has a less unique (and fun) play style. I can see how people think he's a replacement though.

WFT looks pretty awesome to me. Miis would be pretty bad (maybe worse than pacman) but WFT seems like a decent addition.

People can play a game how they want to play it. When you get good enough at a game it makes sense to play competitively against other good players. Frankly. I think the games more fun when taken competitively, so when you try to win no matter what cheap tactics you have to pull. Plus it's fun to watch competitive matches.

I guess this explains your lone wolf avatar :troll:.

Heck they've even been in smash bros. (project m).
:005: Char.
I just want anyone to play agianst me on competetive mode. sure, I like competition, ubt I don't like breaking the game's rules to be competitive. I can't even wavedash in Melee and that's pretty much the easiest advanced technique I've seen besides edge guarding. I prefer a fair fight.
"Fight with honor."
Char.
Dry Bowser does not count as he is a skeleton. Dry Bones also do not count as they are skeletons.
Char Char Char.
I don't tend to watch competitive matches. I prefer to do things the way the programmers (Sakurai and Nintendo) made it. That doesn't stop me from challenging myself with level 5 with characters I'm new to. personally I don't really have a true main: I love most of the Smash Cast, and therefor love to play most of the Smash Cast. Yoshi, Pichu, and Lucario just happen to be my most favorite of them all out of the first three games.
:yoshimelee::pichumelee::lucario:<----I love these guys! Pichu and Yoshi are adorable and Lucario basically represents one of the most epic backstories a non-legendary Pokemon can have.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Pichu was meant to be a joke character, I don't understand how people can even main or heck use him at all without items in play (items are what Pichu needs to even be viable without them he loses), plus he's uber-lightweight, (much lighter than Jigglypuff may I add and usually the puffball gets all the torture), also Pac-man fits into Smash perfectly (Smash Bros is supposed to be a cast of colorful Nintendo characters duking it out for fun (along with some 3rd Parties that have a history with Nintendo, I do agree Sonic and Megaman fits well, but Snake didn't fit and felt out of place) I'll be very happy if Pac-man got in as long as Namco doesn't get lazy with him like they did with the Tekken X Namco game that also had bad box art Megaman playable).

Look up some of the Pac-man world games (which are also platformers by the way) on YouTube (this is also where most of his moves might come from, but knowning Sakurai he'll think of a moveset that's original enough like he did for Captain Falcon), there are tons of people that still play them, saying that Pac-man isn't popular in 3D I completely disagree he as popular in 3D as he was back in the old days, I think he transitioned quite fine (Pac-man World I do think was the 1st 3D Pac-man game). (Mario leaped into 3D fine, as did Link, Sonic kinda had a rough start with 3D (no thanks to Sonic X-Treme getting canned), Megaman I'm not too sure on, since his 3D jump involved him getting a makeover.)

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Pichu was meant to be a joke character, I don't understand how people can even main or heck use him at all without items in play (items are what Pichu needs to even be viable without them he loses), plus he's uber-lightweight, (much lighter than Jigglypuff may I add and usually the puffball gets all the torture), also Pac-man fits into Smash perfectly (Smash Bros is supposed to be a cast of colorful Nintendo characters duking it out for fun (along with some 3rd Parties that have a history with Nintendo, I do agree Sonic and Megaman fits well, but Snake didn't fit and felt out of place) I'll be very happy if Pac-man got in as long as Namco doesn't get lazy with him like they did with the Tekken X Namco game that also had bad box art Megaman playable).

Look up some of the Pac-man world games (which are also platformers by the way) on YouTube (this is also where most of his moves might come from, but knowning Sakurai he'll think of a moveset that's original enough like he did for Captain Falcon), there are tons of people that still play them, saying that Pac-man isn't popular in 3D I completely disagree he as popular in 3D as he was back in the old days, I think he transitioned quite fine (Pac-man World I do think was the 1st 3D Pac-man game). (Mario leaped into 3D fine, as did Link, Sonic kinda had a rough start with 3D (no thanks to Sonic X-Treme getting canned), Megaman I'm not too sure on, since his 3D jump involved him getting a makeover.)
Back off! don't insult my main!
Pichu is NOT a joke character! there aren't joke characters in Smash! Pichu is light, yes, but he has SPEED and his Skull Bash at full strength is actually STRONGER than Pikachu's. yeah, he's light, BECAUSE HE IS A FREAKING CHILD CHARACTER. in the Pokemon series, the weakest pokemon above Magikarp are Baby Pokemon. Pichu is a Baby Pokemon, meaning OF COURSE HE IS EASY TO KO. In order to use him however, one must learn to use Hit-And-Run tactics. Pichu has some KO moves, like Thunder, (which if done whilst moving in the air, DOES NOT HURT PICHU) his Side-Smash, his Up-Smash, etc. and of course the Skull Bash I mentioned earlier.

I can play Pichu all I want and don't you DARE bring out the damn tiers! Bring it in a casual match and I'll massacre you with my Pichu, no items, 10 stock, no time limit. EXACT RULES my brother uses when we play Smash. of course I'd lose to Competitive Players because I play by ALL the NORMAL Smash rules. heck half the time I DO have items on, like the Beam Sword, Metal Box, and Warpstar because it's more fun. but I don't straight up rely on items, you're just going by the Trophy description, which LIES. have you EVER played against a Pichu main with Pichu in Melee with CASUAL rules?! Didn't think so. back the frack off.

Pichu isn't a freaking Joke character like everyone says he is! he is just the lightest and hardest to hit! THAT IS IT.

and I honestly can't bring myself to care about Pac-Man. screw Pac-Man, he's a discussion for another thread. maybe one that's named after him.

Don't give me any crap about how weak Pichu is. yes, he hurts himself. but if you know how to avoid getting hit, that's no problem. AT ALL. Pichu is an adorable little mouse child pokemon. Melee is only game where he hurts himseslf with his own electric attacks. while they did go WAY to far with the "hurts himself" thing, You cannot tell me Pichu was MEANT to be a joke character and expect someone like me who mains and loves him to just accept it and never play as him again. now back off and go away!

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
SCREW PEOPLE LIKE YOU! YOU KNOW NOTHING OF SMASH BROTHERS SO JUST GET OUT! GET OUT NOW! I'M SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING! AT LEAST I KNOW TO ADMIT WHEN I'M WRONG AT TIMES!!!!!

FORGET YOU ALL! JUST SCREW YOU ALL! I AM GONE! SCREW IT ALL!

I TRY FRIENDLY POSSIBLE ADVICE AND ALL OF YOU HAVE NOTHING EVEN SLIGHTLY POSITIVE TO SAY ABOUT IT!
IF IT DOESN'T WORK JUST TELL ME HOW WITHOUT THE STUPID INSULTS. SCREW ALL OF IT!

lolwut? yea dude I don't know anything about smash. capslock lol. you mad so mad

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
alright Troll, get out already would you? I don't feel like dealing with jerks like you. even your name is trollish.
leave now. I was angry, now go away, Char.

I feel exactly the same. You seem like a screaming child with internet turrets syndrome whining about people who play this game competetively. I'm pretty sure this thread has nothing to do with your personal agenda and I was on topic with my original post.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I feel exactly the same. You seem like a screaming child with internet turrets syndrome whining about people who play this game competetively. I'm pretty sure this thread has nothing to do with your personal agenda and I was on topic with my original post.
Wait who? Me?

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I quoted Maikou
Ahh good, cause he was trying to prove that Pac-man doesn't belong in Smash (and was getting really angry over that), and that Pichu belonged in Smash and should have returned in Brawl (again he was also getting angry over that too, trying to defend his opinions), good thing I put Maikou on ignore (although probably not a good idea, but I did that so I wouldn't have to see him scream to defend his opinions) so I don't have to challenge him over his opinions vs mine (since I don't like Pichu (even though I do love the Pokémon franchise, but him hurting himself when he uses electric attacks and the fact he was a uber-lightweight made him a joke character and an unnecessary clone to Pikachu).

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Ahh good, cause he was trying to prove that Pac-man doesn't belong in Smash (and was getting really angry over that), and that Pichu belonged in Smash and should have returned in Brawl (again he was also getting angry over that too, trying to defend his opinions), good thing I put Maikou on ignore (although probably not a good idea, but I did that so I wouldn't have to see him scream to defend his opinions) so I don't have to challenge him over his opinions vs mine (since I don't like Pichu (even though I do love the Pokémon franchise, but him hurting himself when he uses electric attacks and the fact he was a uber-lightweight made him a joke character and an unnecessary clone to Pikachu).
I agree although I used him in melee quite a bit. I forgot about the ignore option. I'll never have to use it because I don't get upset as he does.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I agree although I used him in melee quite a bit. I forgot about the ignore option. I'll never have to use it because I don't get upset as he does.
Yea true, Pichu is only fun if you use him in handicapped fights (which is pretty much the only way Pichu can be used, although granted the 1st time I played Melee (back when I was living in Virginia), Pikachu was my main then I swapped over to Pichu once I found out how powerful he was (then I noticed he hurts himself when he uses electric attacks), then that quickly faded away once I found out Mewtwo was in the game (he creamed me and I was using Pichu).

We're also a lil bit off-topic, since this is supposed to be about the most hated character in SSB4.

Last edited:

negativeX

Smash Apprentice

Pichu is definitely a stretch I simply like him and would be happy if he got in even if others didn't, it's merely my opinion. It's silly to argue one way or the other. Pacman as popular in 3d as in the olden days? The mere fact you had to tell me about these games is proof otherwise. The rest is pretty much opinion so I'll just leave it at I just don't feel like I'd prefer him over any other character. Oh yeah, and megaman 64 (3d one) was actually one of my first games so I think he's awesome in 3d.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Screw you all.
Ignore me? all I'm doing is telling the truth right now: I'm sick of you people hating on Pichu and other characters that rightfully belong in Smash. that's it. personally, it seems you all are just stupid trolls. and now I'm going to leave this thread so I don't have to deal with your trollish bulls#!@.

I'm not a screaming child, I'm an angered teenager. learn the damn difference idiots.

I'll happily say I don't know everything. I'm just a casual Smasher who actually cares about Pichu and the other Smashers in the games. (besides Solid Snake, he can go die in a hole for all I care)

so you know what? I'm gone. screw you all. next time I see you guys, I'll make sure I leave plenty of hate so I can show the world that you all know nothing about being a real gamer.

Insult my intelligence? 3214x9421=30279094. there.
Oh, and I'm actually using proper english.
Positive+Negative doesn't do anything but explode in your face.
pretty sure there's more, but that's not what matters.

Screw you all.
I doubt your intelligence.

all I was saying before was that Pichu isn't a joke character (if you continue to say so, I will always repeat that it's bulls#!@), and that I prefer a CASUAL game over a comptitive atmosphere. I don't do tournaments.

and now I take my leave.

Gune

Smash Lord
I'll probably never understand why people think Lucarios move set is boring not unique and not fun, its one of the best ones out there.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
The way I see it every character is gonna have people who like and dislike them. I for one really don't care for Marth and I think Sheik should have been cut in Brawl. Pichu was a fun character. Much like any other character in this game, with enough practice you can be really good with them. My friend (@PolarisJunkie) used to main Pichu in Melee as his second and he'd destroy me constantly. Pichu has more weakness to get over sure, but I think it takes a better player to get over those weakness and bring out his strengths. That said I don't see Pichu coming back.

I don't see much hate for Lucario. I see more worry that he took Mewtwo's spot again, but no real hate. Although I'm sure there are the haters out there. I'm glad my Brawl main is back.
Also I think this thread has been derailed too much, but I am no moderator.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
The way I see it every character is gonna have people who like and dislike them. I for one really don't care for Marth and I think Sheik should have been cut in Brawl. Pichu was a fun character. Much like any other character in this game, with enough practice you can be really good with them. My friend (@PolarisJunkie) used to main Pichu in Melee as his second and he'd destroy me constantly. Pichu has more weakness to get over sure, but I think it takes a better player to get over those weakness and bring out his strengths. That said I don't see Pichu coming back.

I don't see much hate for Lucario. I see more worry that he took Mewtwo's spot again, but no real hate. Although I'm sure there are the haters out there. I'm glad my Brawl main is back.
Also I think this thread has been derailed too much, but I am no moderator.
I main Lucario too as well (and I'm glad he's back although I was kinda surprised on why they brought him back), and I'm not that worried if he took Mewtwo's spot again (Sakurai really wants him back and he was the poster boy for Gen VI and is the most recent Pokémon to get a movie (granted it's not the original Mewtwo that we all remeber from the very 1st movie and Returns, but he/she was in it, and is confirmed to appear in the next Pokémon movie due out this Summer (I think it's role is gonna get reduced since it's now confirmed a special is happening featuring the Mega evolutions that were shown on the 1st poster for the movie).

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'm temped to say so many things but I dare not excite the fire under that charmeleon's tail.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
lol he blew up again. man wish i coulda been around for that. oh well hopefully he doesnt come back for awhile
I agree, personally I'd rather have him banned, but I'm not a mod, plus he dares challenge me with that pathetic joke character known as Pichu?

I'll bring Gannondorf, (Mewtwo who's usually my main would get wrecked since he's almost as light as Pichu), Gannon solves any problem with power.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Wow. Just...wow. The sheer amount of craziness and idiocy that came from this thread is overwhelming. What exactly happened? And why are we talking about Pac-man, Pichu, Goku, and zombies in the Lucario subforum? Wasn't this thread originally for bringing up why a fanbase might hate Lucario? Not the aforementioned characters.

Anyways, I'm closing this up as it can cause more flame wars. Maikou, cool your jets. No need to get defensive and angry like you did for for 3 pages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom