• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The most hated SSB4 Character...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelitZ

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-7623-2393
...Seems to be lucario. I do not understand why. I swear this is the only chatacter people have ever whined about for NOT being cut. All I see is people dissapointed because it MIGHT mean no mewtwo. Lucario is a kick ass player and his aura ability diversifies the game, everyone needs to cut him some slack.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Most people hate him now because he made it in before Mewtwo :rolleyes:, which is why I wouldn't mind if Mewtwo didn't make it. I like being quenched on Mewtwo tears. :troll:

Gune

Smash Lord
Lucario is the scapegoat this time around again it's not fair but it's what happened. Mewtwo fans are relentless when they think they aren't getting the best treatment so they insult us thinking they're better then boom Luc confirm, Karma is a *****.:laugh:

Keep in mind not all Mewtwo fans are assholes a good amount are great people.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The reception of Lucario in this game has been generally positive save for a few Mewtwo naysayers. He's shaping up to be way more powerful and unique than in Brawl.

Besides, I'm happy Lucario's back because it only furthers the chance where we can play a full-on Mega Lucario vs. Mega Mewtwo deathmatch! All without Brawl hacks! :awesome:

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
When I first saw Lucario confirmed, the first though in my head was "What? Why?", but I'm happy that he's in. Would I rather Mewtwo over Lucario, yes. But I would rather have both Mewtwo and Lucario in the game.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Lucario is the scapegoat this time around again it's not fair but it's what happened. Mewtwo fans are relentless when they think they aren't getting the best treatment so they insult us thinking they're better then boom Luc confirm, Karma is a *****.:laugh:

Keep in mind not all Mewtwo fans are *******s a good amount are great people.
I'm a Mewtwo fan. He's my most wanted character.

And I was absolutely overjoyed to see Lucario return. I love both of them, and there is simply no reason they cannot coexist in this game. Mewtwo's chances have never been higher, and Lucario does nothing to harm those chances.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lucario the most hated? What about the Wii Fit Trainer? I imagine many are still bitter about her inclusion.
I hate no character confirmed so far. The only characters I hate are the ones everyone says will be included.
Pacman. Mii. Tingle...actually, that's it.

The character I'm least invested in however, is definitely Olimar and Villager, as I hated Olimar in Brawl and I don't like Animal Crossing.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, my most hated characters are R.O.B. and Mr. Game and Watch... still salty about both of those characters. I don't find Lucario to be the most hated character in the slightest, but he certainly gets a lot of negativity as he has the detrimental mechanic.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, my most hated characters are R.O.B. and Mr. Game and Watch... still salty about both of those characters. I don't find Lucario to be the most hated character in the slightest, but he certainly gets a lot of negativity as he has the detrimental mechanic.
I love both R.O.B. and G&W...what gives? Also, what's wrong with Lucario's aura, exactly? Considering Lucario's light, floaty nature, being at high percentages certainly does not make him overpowered. The stocks thing, however, is silly.

Morbi

Scavenger
I love both R.O.B. and G&W...what gives? Also, what's wrong with Lucario's aura, exactly? Considering Lucario's light, floaty nature, being at high percentages certainly does not make him overpowered. The stocks thing, however, is silly.
They aren't fun (incoherent play-style for GW and bland play-style for ROB). They are boring (aesthetically). They take up a roster slot of a character that I might find enjoyable. If you enjoy them, more power to you.

Again, any mechanic the advocates losing and promotes damage inflicted upon yourself is not going to be well-received. The game rewards you for playing badly. I don't personally have a problem with it, but that is the reason others do. It isn't necessarily fair to fight someone, and as you are winning, the game buffs your opponent so that they have a better chance of getting a KO.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
They aren't fun (incoherent play-style for GW and bland play-style for ROB). They are boring (aesthetically). They take up a roster slot of a character that I might find enjoyable. If you enjoy them, more power to you.
Okay, hold on, I know this isn't the topic of this thread, but are you suggesting we remove Mr. Game & Watch for someone else?
You do realize he faithfully represents an entire series of handheld games released by Nintendo...before handhelds were a thing? Not to mention he was de facto created by the late genius, Gunpei Yokoi? I don't really even like him, but you can't deny his importance and how greatly accurate he is.

Again, any mechanic the advocates losing and promotes damage inflicted upon yourself is not going to be well-received. The game rewards you for playing badly. I don't personally have a problem with it, but that is the reason others do. It isn't necessarily fair to fight someone, and as you are winning, the game buffs your opponent so that they have a better chance of getting a KO.
Saying it "rewards" the player for playing badly is looking at it too objectively. As someone who has never really noticed the effects of "Aura" in battle, I would assume it would have to pretty high % before it is a significant difference. With this in mind, I would argue it is equally unfair that the Lucario player is being damaged so frequently without being able to fight back. Also, consider that it does take skill to survive high damage threshholds, where the Aura actually makes a difference.

Morbi

Scavenger
Okay, hold on, I know this isn't the topic of this thread, but are you suggesting we remove Mr. Game & Watch for someone else?
You do realize he faithfully represents an entire series of handheld games released by Nintendo...before handhelds were a thing? Not to mention he was de facto created by the late genius, Gunpei Yokoi? I don't really even like him, but you can't deny his importance and how greatly accurate he is.

Saying it "rewards" the player for playing badly is looking at it too objectively. As someone who has never really noticed the effects of "Aura" in battle, I would assume it would have to pretty high % before it is a significant difference. With this in mind, I would argue it is equally unfair that the Lucario player is being damaged so frequently without being able to fight back. Also, consider that it does take skill to survive high damage thresholds, where the Aura actually makes a difference.
I didn't insinuate such, I was just asserting that they were my most hated characters, not Lucario (as the assumption of the OP is that Lucario is the most hated, objectively).

I actually believe Lucario's aura mechanic to be inherently balanced as you are initially quite weak with little knock-back. I would associate him as one of the weaker characters without the aura mechanic, obviously if you are a great Lucario, you can actually close that gap and procure a lead prior to losing. After that, his mechanic is a safe-guard. He is certainly more balanced than the vast majority of top-tier characters and as you stated, his mechanic doesn't drastically alter his performance.

I do not believe that his mechanic is a detriment. I was just implying that it is why many "hate" the character. I feel as though many are just blaming the 12 year old Mewtwo fans without actually applying any thought as to why many disagree with his design choice.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I do not believe that his mechanic is a detriment. I was just implying that it is why many "hate" the character. I feel as though many are just blaming the 12 year old Mewtwo fans without actually applying any thought as to why many disagree with his design choice.
Oh sorry, that makes much more sense. I initially thought you were sharing their views, which confused me, as the general consensus on the Internet is generally poor, and you usually don't follow them for this very reason.

That being said, I don't think Lucario is the most hated character so far. I think, in spite of R34 and memetic reputation, Wii Fit Trainer was/is the most disliked (that isn't to say, however, she is generally disliked).

Factoring in that she was revealed at a time when many had come to expect several fan-favorites revealed, only to receive Mega Man, and the Wii Fit Trainer.

BelitZ

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-7623-2393
I am surprised lucario's aura ability takes so much criticism. At low percents I think he is one of the worst in the game. Keeping him alive long enough for the aura to be used effectively is a skill in itself. Its not like you can knock him around at 150% like snake and he'll come right back. Half of his special moves are terrible and his recovery cannot even hit. Add this to his crap grab range and I would say he is a pretty balanced character. I made this thread, because just about everywhere I heard people talking about lucario's return all that followed was groans about mewtwo. I honestly think lucario and toon link being announced is good news for mewtwo as it seems the chopping block must be pretty small.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Most hated character where? Here? lol

This guy is like the most popular Pokemon anyway behind Pikachu. I hate Lucario as a Pokemon, but I don't mind seeing him here at all. If anything, I'm glad he's in because he has a pretty cool moveset (this is the most important aspect for me in ANY fighting game, and why Rosalina turned from underwhelming to pretty hype for me after seeing hers) and my brother loves him so I'm happy for him. I can understand being sad over a character not getting in, but getting angry about a character's inclusion? That's pretty pathetic.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The entire roster hasn't been revealed yet. In the event that Toon Zelda, Pac-Man and Miis make it into this game, those guys will get far, far, far more hate than any veterans that will be in this game or any possible newcomer. Toon Zelda for being another Zelda and a semi clone, Pac-Man for being a "wash-up" and Miis for, well, being just plain old bland.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I can't exactly say which character I hate at the moment. Once the game is out, then I'd say that would be the best opportunity to judge the characters within SSB Wii U and 3DS.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The only character I dislike is Little Mac. I still don't understand how he got in over whoever else on the determination list.

But I don't care enough to throw a fit over it. When Lucario got confirmed, everything else became irrelevant to me. Well, besides the newcomer Pokemon character, if any, but that's if it's Victini.

Heh... if Victini got confirmed, I'd enjoy the aftermath- it'd be beautiful. If you catch my meaning.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought the most hated was Toon Link. :toonlink:

Gune

Smash Lord
Nah. His appearance is nothing compared to the outrage that came out of WFT.

At least, from my viewpoint, anyways. I didn't see too much Tink hate.
Nah Tink gets hate not here but GF and other forums basically because hes a clone even though hes supposed to be a clone.

Last edited:

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Most of the people who dislike Lucario getting back in are Mewtwo fans who are convinced that Lucario somehow wrecked Mewtwo's chances of getting in Smash 4's roster.

Of course, we don't know if Lucario has any impact on that either way. I'm sure when Jigglypuff gets announced as a veteran, we'll see tons of hate come her way as well.

Honestly, I never got why Mewtwo fans go out of their way to bash Lucario. Neither character plays the same, and the only real move they share is a chargeable energy sphere. And Lucario did not replace Mewtwo in brawl. In fact, I've read that Mewtwo was planned for Brawl, but they apparently ran out of development time and could not finish him(Sonic's late inclusion is said to have played a role in Mewtwo not coming back)

I'm a huge Lucario fan in both the Pokemon games, and Smash. I'm happy he's coming back, and I really wish the Mewtwo fans would stop blaming Lucario for everything. I like Mewtwo, but I'm getting sick of seeing Lucario(and Jigglypuff to a lesser degree) get slammed for no longer being important to Smash, old Pokemon who nobody likes, or in Lucario's a clone(which is simply no true)

As a Ike player, I'm getting ready for the Roy fans to come out of the woodwork and start bashing Ike if he makes it back in as well.

But here's the biggest thing I don't get. Where does it say Mewtwo is unlikely to get into Smash 4's roster? Pokemon had the most playable characters of any series in Brawl. If Smash 4 gets even that same number, there is still enough room for Mewtwo to come back even if Jigglypuff also returns and a new Pokemon rep is added.

Out of any veteran, Pichu and Pokemon Trainer are the ones who have the least chance of making it back in.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Most of the people who dislike Lucario getting back in are Mewtwo fans who are convinced that Lucario somehow wrecked Mewtwo's chances of getting in Smash 4's roster.

Of course, we don't know if Lucario has any impact on that either way. I'm sure when Jigglypuff gets announced as a veteran, we'll see tons of hate come her way as well.

Honestly, I never got why Mewtwo fans go out of their way to bash Lucario. Neither character plays the same, and the only real move they share is a chargeable energy sphere. And Lucario did not replace Mewtwo in brawl. In fact, I've read that Mewtwo was planned for Brawl, but they apparently ran out of development time and could not finish him(Sonic's late inclusion is said to have played a role in Mewtwo not coming back)

I'm a huge Lucario fan in both the Pokemon games, and Smash. I'm happy he's coming back, and I really wish the Mewtwo fans would stop blaming Lucario for everything. I like Mewtwo, but I'm getting sick of seeing Lucario(and Jigglypuff to a lesser degree) get slammed for no longer being important to Smash, old Pokemon who nobody likes, or in Lucario's a clone(which is simply no true)

As a Ike player, I'm getting ready for the Roy fans to come out of the woodwork and start bashing Ike if he makes it back in as well.

But here's the biggest thing I don't get. Where does it say Mewtwo is unlikely to get into Smash 4's roster? Pokemon had the most playable characters of any series in Brawl. If Smash 4 gets even that same number, there is still enough room for Mewtwo to come back even if Jigglypuff also returns and a new Pokemon rep is added.

Out of any veteran, Pichu and Pokemon Trainer are the ones who have the least chance of making it back in.
Couldn't have said it any better, I had the exact same thoughts, I'm one of the Mewtwo fans that knew Mewtwo was cut due to the massive delay thanks to Sonic's late inclusion for Brawl (had Sega not held up Nintendo throughout 2007 Brawl would have had almost 45 characters (this includes the proposed characters that were remaining on Brawl's data), also Sakurai said during the Pokémon Direct moments after Smash 4 was revealed regarding Mewtwo and his Megaform, "We are thinking about it", and since Sonic got back in (much earlier than expected and no delays), I can almost expect Mewtwo to be playable in these games.

I also agree with Pichu's exclusion (he was due to be axed either way in Brawl, since he was only in to rep the 2nd Gen (which was the main Gen at the time) and he was the joke character of Melee's roster), Pokémon Trainer I can see getting the boot (since Pokémon was heavily over-represented in Brawl with 6 (7 if the Trainer himself is taken into account) playable Pokémon reps), but at the same time since he was in Brawl I can see him back, since these games are being based off of Brawl, and that he's relevant again in Pokémon Origins (which is why they made that mini-series in the 1st place was to get him back into Smash Bros).

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
I absolutely need to say this.
'WATCH THE POWER OF AURA KICK YOUR (bleep)!!!"
Because if you hate Lucario or Pichu, (or Yoshi, or Pikachu, or shockingly even Jigglypuff, any of the past Smash veterans in general except Ganon) I will haunt your dreams alongside my avatar and stab you for 72 hours until the moon begins to crash. and then you will wake up only to perish by the power of Aura Storm. although I do agree that Lucario needs some lines retaining more to himself than his theme.
I agree with this, people need to cut Goku (Lucario) some slack.
Lucario is the closest thing to Goku in Smash we'll ever get. I'm sorry, but Goku just CANNOT be in smash. he is one of few I'd actually be able to be somewhat happy about though. I liked Dragon Ball Z when I was younger. but he just won't get into Smash.

The next person to mention Pac-Man as a possible playable character, unless to insult him or demote him, shall die painfully. we don't need anymore 3rd parties trying to throw their guys at Sakurai. Pac-Man doesn't even have a freaking moveset for crying out loud! anyone who thinks he'd even stand a chance against a Goomba needs to be checked for mental illnesses. the original guy dies by touching a ghost. not exactly durable, especially since Goombas CAN actually kill you if you're not careful to jump over them.

Sorry if that sounded harsh, but it's true. he doesn't belong.
Lucario, however, does belong. because he's awesome.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
^Obvious bias is bias. I get not liking Pac-Man but saying he has no moveset or bringing up irrelevant things like ghost doesn't help your viewpoint. (FYI many characters on the roster have had enemies in their game who were ghost)

Maikou

Smash Ace
Yes, Bias. I have an opinion and I'm not exactly afraid of showing that I have one. Pac-Man doesn't belong in smash. the only fighting game he's been in he had to use a freaking ROBOT. NOT EVEN HIS CREATORS COULD COME UP WITH A MOVESET FOR HIM. nobody in Smash needs a mech, do they? no. no they don't. I'm sick of Pac-Man. thank you for pointing out my opinion, I was almost afraid someone who wasn't smart would take it like I was stating facts. It's less "I hate Pac-Man" and more, "I'm sick of seeing Pac-Man and do not believe he belongs in Smash" seriously, I'm seeing him on wishlists everywhere. I'd rather see someone like Patrokolos form Soul Calibur V get in so his haters can beat the crap out of him Smash Style. I'm just seeing 3rd party characters everywhere and it's getting on my nerves. (my Charmeleon avatar really does suit me on multiple levels...) If Pac-Man got in, I'd rage. in fact, I'm gonna go write a fanfic about that and vent some of my anger. I'm just saying, I don't want Pac-Man in Smash as there are MANY more NINTENDO characters who deserve to get in. no matter of creativity could get me wanting Pac-Man in Smash. he'd be fine as a cameo and nothing more.

Ghosts are plenty relevant, because they don't OHKO most of Nintendo's characters, or other video game characters in general. I understand that's not exactly fair, but it's true. I'm just sick of seeing these guys everywhere. the only 3rd party characters are Sonic and Mega Man, and that's just because their Gaming's biggest stars. they all have their own bad games, good games, movies, (For Some reason Mario's suck) TV shows, (again Mario's sucks for some reason), etc. Pac-Man just doesn't fit. I mean, sure he'd look nice with the other characters, but that's not what I mean. he'd straight up FEEL out of place. it just doesn't work. plus that's using up a precious character slot that could be used for....say....MEWTWO? SO MEWTWO LOVERS CAN SHUT UP ALREADY AND LET LUCARIO LIVE IN PEACE?! yeah, that's also a reason.

I am opinionated, but at least I can be bothered with actually game facts instead of making things up as I go. people would be more happy with a balanced Mewtwo than with the Pac-Man who just doesn't seem to fit. call me out all you want, but in the end, I'm not changing my mind. Pac-Man doesn't belong. and if he gets in, People WILL have a reason to hate him, and he'd be more hated than Wii Fit Trainer. because then we'll lose a more worthy fighter.

Sorry, but that's my opinion. and there is nothing wrong with having a differing opinon.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Most hated character where? Here? lol

This guy is like the most popular Pokemon anyway behind Pikachu. I hate Lucario as a Pokemon, but I don't mind seeing him here at all. If anything, I'm glad he's in because he has a pretty cool moveset (this is the most important aspect for me in ANY fighting game, and why Rosalina turned from underwhelming to pretty hype for me after seeing hers) and my brother loves him so I'm happy for him. I can understand being sad over a character not getting in, but getting angry about a character's inclusion? That's pretty pathetic.
Charizard stomps both Pikachu, Lucario and Mewtwo into a hole popularity wise. He's easily the most favored Pokémon among the fanbase.

As for the issue at hand. I have noticed people being mad at Lucario, and it seems mostly to be from the misconception that he is competition for Mewtwo. I generally don't care much about all the Mewtwo vs Lucario debates, but I do notice that Mewtwo's fanbase is usually very overprotective and aggressive, and that was just confirmed further with their outrage on Lucario's confirmation. Personally I find both characters to be an absolute bore both moveset-wise and Pokémon-wise, but Lucario still looks much better than he did in Brawl, it was our first Pokémon reveal post-E3, and his announcement came so suddenly too, it was a good reveal overall imo. I don't believe they're even in competition personally, they were both pretty much guaranteed, and I'm fully expecting Mewtwo later.

Another reason some might have to dislike Lucario's reveal is that they think he was one of the more disposable characters, and with his return someone like Ike, Wolf or Lucas could end up being cut instead, this happened with Toon Link too. That's more understandable imo, Lucario is one of the underdogs of the roster in general, he's not as big or popular as many others, so that's probably why some see him as disposable. I can't say I care an awful lot about him, but I am happy to see him confirmed if only for his fanbase. I can sympatize with having a main who might be on the chopping block, that being Ike in my case, so it's great to see people being relieved with his reveal. That's also why I liked Toon Link's reveal.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Charizard stomps both Pikachu, Lucario and Mewtwo into a hole popularity wise. He's easily the most favored Pokémon among the fanbase.
..Here?

Pikachu is a cultural phenomenon and Lucario is only second to him when it comes to advertising and promotion. Charizard is honestly nothing to either of them in that regard. Besides what, the recent one-off anime? Lucario had a whole mandatory event dedicated to him in X/Y as well, and was the first Mega Pokemon to be seen and get.

We can all argue about it with anecdotal evidence here and there (I personally moderated Pokecommunity and have seen a far larger share of Lucario fans over Charizard) but Game Freak clearly sees Pikachu and Lucario as the two most important amongst the media. I don't suppose it's much of an important thing (it's really a pissing contest at the end of it, why care which Pokemon is the most popular? As long as they're popular enough) but I definitely scratched a lot of heads at people who thought Lucario even had a chance of being cut.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
^Obvious bias is bias. I get not liking Pac-Man but saying he has no moveset or bringing up irrelevant things like ghost doesn't help your viewpoint. (FYI many characters on the roster have had enemies in their game who were ghost)
Oh, and I should mention Pac-Man's stupid eternal smile in the ONE FIGHTING GAME he's ever been in. I swear he's homicidal. (and YES, I DO KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.)
People think the Villager is a homicidal, insane sociopath? look at Pac-Man.

as for Pokemon, I can only ask whether or not anyone can think of an alternate costume for Lucario with some kind of hat/scarf/cape. oh, and if anyone can think up a decloned moveset for Pichu. (I. EFFING. LOVE. PICHU. leave me alone)

Sorry, I'm not contributing much. I just can't think of much to say. besides that certain characters don't belong in Smash. I'm sick to death of Pac-Man and other third party characters.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
..Here?

Pikachu is a cultural phenomenon and Lucario is only second to him when it comes to advertising and promotion. Charizard is honestly nothing to either of them in that regard. Besides what, the recent one-off anime? Lucario had a whole mandatory event dedicated to him in X/Y as well, and was the first Mega Pokemon to be seen and get.

We can all argue about it with anecdotal evidence here and there (I personally moderated Pokecommunity and have seen a far larger share of Lucario fans over Charizard) but Game Freak clearly sees Pikachu and Lucario as the two most important amongst the media. I don't suppose it's much of an important thing (it's really a pissing contest at the end of it, why care which Pokemon is the most popular? As long as they're popular enough) but I definitely scratched a lot of heads at people who thought Lucario even had a chance of being cut.
There were the X & Y TV commercials with Charizard being front and center quite often. Pikachu is of course more widely recognized, no arguing with that, but within the Pokémon fanbase itself the majority of people are Charizard fans, that's what I've experienced in my 14 years as a Pokémon fan. Sure a lot of forum people like Lucario, but outside of the hardcore Pokéfans there's hardly any recognition for Lucario, mostly because he's a newer guy. Even then on forums like Serebii there are Charizard avatars as far as the eye sees. Then there's also polls like the huge one IGN hosted where Lucario didn't even place in the top 10 iirc, I certainly remember Mewtwo being number 2 and Charizard taking number 1 by an enormous landslide.

Mind you I'm not a Charizard fanboy, just want to make that clear, I think he's cool and stuff, but certainly not my favorite, so it's not like I'm speaking out of bias, but rather my observation. But you are right, it doesn't really matter who's the most popular, but my mind just had a little click moment when I didn't see Charizard mentioned amongst the most popular Pokémons.

Either way, this is getting off-topic, so I'll shut up from here.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I haven't a problem with dropping this but I do have to mention that citing the minority in message boards really isn't a convincing way of knowing a Pokemon's popularity when I'm talking about the whole picture here, which includes kids, college people (those probably started with either G/S/C or R/S/E right now if they're long time fans, which would explain R/S/E's bump in popularity in message boards recently), people who are new to Pokemon (and they're a lot), whatever. Pokemon audience is enormous so there's no way we can get anywhere with this subject with nothing but anecdotal evidence (which does include polls). The closest way to know right now is to look at the media and advertising, and I don't suppose there's denying that Pikachu and Lucario are the most pushed forward. Not saying Zard is NOT popular mind you, I definitely recognize that.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I absolutely need to say this.
'WATCH THE POWER OF AURA KICK YOUR (bleep)!!!"
Because if you hate Lucario or Pichu, (or Yoshi, or Pikachu, or shockingly even Jigglypuff, any of the past Smash veterans in general except Ganon) I will haunt your dreams alongside my avatar and stab you for 72 hours until the moon begins to crash. and then you will wake up only to perish by the power of Aura Storm. although I do agree that Lucario needs some lines retaining more to himself than his theme.

Lucario is the closest thing to Goku in Smash we'll ever get. I'm sorry, but Goku just CANNOT be in smash. he is one of few I'd actually be able to be somewhat happy about though. I liked Dragon Ball Z when I was younger. but he just won't get into Smash.

The next person to mention Pac-Man as a possible playable character, unless to insult him or demote him, shall die painfully. we don't need anymore 3rd parties trying to throw their guys at Sakurai. Pac-Man doesn't even have a freaking moveset for crying out loud! anyone who thinks he'd even stand a chance against a Goomba needs to be checked for mental illnesses. the original guy dies by touching a ghost. not exactly durable, especially since Goombas CAN actually kill you if you're not careful to jump over them.

Sorry if that sounded harsh, but it's true. he doesn't belong.
Lucario, however, does belong. because he's awesome.
I know Goku won't make it in, I'm doing it for the fun of it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I loved that Lucario returned. I may be a big supporter of Mewtwo but I am not disillusioned into thinking that sealed the deal on his chances at playability.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Pac-Man doesn't belong in smash
I fail to see what criteria exists for a character appearance besides being on a Nintendo console. Unless you go in-depth, like what Pokemon character is playable over another, but that's different.

Pac-Man has games on the Nintendo consoles. So yes- he's possible. Does he "belong" in SSB4? No, because he's third party, so he's automatically a guest, no matter what. And I've never heard of a guest belonging in someone else's house, per say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom