• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The moment of truth will soon be upon us...

What do you think will happen to Bowsercide?

• It will be fixed back to the way it was and all will be right in the world!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It will be even buggier somehow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
At ~1AM PST tonight, the update will go live and, Sakurai willing, we'll have this fixed.

Ranias

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ranias
3DS FC
1864-9368-1757
E would be awesome, but I think it will be either B or C.

ITT: 3DS version owners

Last edited:

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
On the 3DS version at least, it still kills Bowser first. Haven't updated and tried Wii U yet.

Edit: Yep. It's still an unfixed, unbalanced, buggy piece of ****ing trash.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Why am I not surprised?

Given the circumstances, maybe they have Bowser more control now?

EDIT: I'd need to test this with a person, but either one of two things is happening now: either the AIs are happy to be taken over the edge or Bowser has more control. I tested this on a level 9 AI when I was at 30% and I could pick it up and move it any direction I wanted.

Could just be the AI being weird, however, and obviously requires human testing.

Tested it: Bowser has a LOT more control over the slam now.

It's not Bowsercide, but I'll frankly take it because the move isn't a liability to use now at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I have a feeling giving Bowser more control is more of a quick fix while they take extra time to fix Bowserciding in general for the Lucas release (which will likely come with a balance patch).

We can still take advantage of this situation by CPing stages that lead to a double KO so we can actually go with a Bowsercide if necessary and have even more control over it.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I have a feeling giving Bowser more control is more of a quick fix while they take extra time to fix Bowserciding in general for the Lucas release (which will likely come with a balance patch).

We can still take advantage of this situation by CPing stages that lead to a double KO so we can actually go with a Bowsercide if necessary and have even more control over it.
Yup, and it just got a whole lot easier to land on platforms with it...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
It's nearly that time again: time to see what the hell Nintendo decides to do to flying slam yet again.

Do we think it'll stay with the amount of control it has or will it revert to how it was pre-bug where Bowser dies 2nd?

Or will it do god knows what, costing Bowser all of his remaining stocks? :p

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
bowser is dying first, but one thing im wondering is... does bowser now die first CONSISTENTLY across all stages? some stages it would double ko and kick people to sudden death. so far i haven't run into that. but i've only tested a few stages right now.

if i had a list of what stages are supposed to send him to sudden death i could focus on those

well, there's still a double KO on delfino. damn, i was hoping they had fixed this ****.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
One bout of training mode on Battlefield has Zelda survive while Bowser dies immediately. So Flying Slam was untouched.

I think we should stick to team Dash Slash.

Top Bottom