• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
You mean Skype information?

It is character dependent. You should not be picking and banning the same every game.
Oh, I know. I don't have any technical info on stages so I strike or ban stages that seem like they are generally in the other player's favor.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Oh, I know. I don't have any technical info on stages so I strike or ban stages that seem like they are generally in the other player's favor.
Battlefield is the only stage that's bad for us. Not always worth banning though. Ban vs zss, mario etc that love the platforms.

Smashville is... smashville. Probably not worth banning vs sheik tbh.

Final destination is one of our best stages (imo). Easiest stage to set up jab lock combos on. That's the main reason. Would never ban.

Dreamland is like battlefield except we can actually kill here. Would ban vs zss and mario. Maybe sheik too. Worst possible stage to go to vs zss, always ban.

Town and city is great for us. Always go here if you can.

Duck hunt is a good cp to fighters that can be camped. Would pick it vs luigi for example

Lylat should be banned vs pika... not much else to say really. This stage is all about personal preference.

Castle siege - if allowed - worth banning only against sheik imo. U don't want to be swiped off the side with fairs. Other than that we camp the second transformation and like the other two transformations decently ok. Down to preference again, really.

Halberd - if allowed - ideal stage in most matchups. Will be banned by the other player 100% of the time unless you are fighting zss or rosa. Use caution picking this stage vs them.

Delfino - if allowed - this stage is just ok. We like the low ceiling stuff but not as much as zss. I would avoid this stage vs zss and rosa but otherwise this stage is meh.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Battlefield is the only stage that's bad for us. Not always worth banning though. Ban vs zss, mario etc that love the platforms.

Smashville is... smashville. Probably not worth banning vs sheik tbh.

Final destination is one of our best stages (imo). Easiest stage to set up jab lock combos on. That's the main reason. Would never ban.

Dreamland is like battlefield except we can actually kill here. Would ban vs zss and mario. Maybe sheik too. Worst possible stage to go to vs zss, always ban.

Town and city is great for us. Always go here if you can.

Duck hunt is a good cp to fighters that can be camped. Would pick it vs luigi for example

Lylat should be banned vs pika... not much else to say really. This stage is all about personal preference.

Castle siege - if allowed - worth banning only against sheik imo. U don't want to be swiped off the side with fairs. Other than that we camp the second transformation and like the other two transformations decently ok. Down to preference again, really.

Halberd - if allowed - ideal stage in most matchups. Will be banned by the other player 100% of the time unless you are fighting zss or rosa. Use caution picking this stage vs them.

Delfino - if allowed - this stage is just ok. We like the low ceiling stuff but not as much as zss. I would avoid this stage vs zss and rosa but otherwise this stage is meh.
I always though Battlefield was good for us. Welp, I know what I am banning. I assume Falcon is good there to...

Ulevo

Smash Master
Again, it is a match up specific concept. You should banning specific stages against specific characters, Battlefield included. I would also contest a lot of what Amadeus has mentioned.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Again, it is a match up specific concept. You should banning specific stages against specific characters, Battlefield included. I would also contest a lot of what Amadeus has mentioned.
Ya its all matchup specific and preference. I don't think any stages are inherently really bad for us. Just know ur opponents options and ban and pick around that.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I pretty much auto-ban battlefield when I'm going MK

Messes up roof combos (many that would kill on any other stage won't kill there) and the top platform screws with up-b spacing (since MK doesn't dip down like he normally does when you up-b under the top platform).

It's not like MK dislikes any other stage any more than battlefield, so might as well ban that one.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I've seen leo use the platforms to extend his uair combo, it was on smashville but you see him go for this on BF too. So mk can do what zss does with her uair combos but its much more unforgiving due to uairs landing lag.

Heck tyrant did this at the latest socal regional, so its not impossible for mks worse than leo to pull this off. There was a thread specifically for discussing starters, bans and CP against certain characters. But yall let it die as usual.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
>watching m2ks fraudknight
>when leos on another stream

Its on traningroommty 2 day tournament, i think its another national since its on the same channel as last time.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Not a national, just a large tournament.
at 21st there will be one though, I'll likely be there.
:196:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It will be in Queretaro. On second thought it might not be a national, but most top players from all around the country have confirmed their assistance.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo

Labbing is fun.

I'll get this combo spreadsheeted out like I did for the bthrow combo. Good practice and it's pretty valuable for others to see, I think. If I get a capture card at some point I'll probably make some dumb 40 minute combo tutorial for all mk combos or something.

EDIT:
Oh hey, in case you feel like posting, Ulevo, I put together a post you can post yourself and I'll get your meaning, and you can put even less effort into your post. I think it's a win for everyone involved :^)

What is ironic about the situation, is that this combo doesn't even take into account di, the combo is just frivolous as a result. Plus, in my experience, I'm not good enough to do the combo so it doesn't work. Irony. I'm really smart - ulevo 2015

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Sheik: Lylat, possibly Duckhunt
Sonic: Dreamland, Halberd (but the deck transformation is pretty good for him),
Rosa: idklol, maybe Dreamland?
IMO

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
Rosaluma: BF maybe Lylat, Duck Hunt

Labbing is fun.

I'll get this combo spreadsheeted out like I did for the bthrow combo. Good practice and it's pretty valuable for others to see, I think. If I get a capture card at some point I'll probably make some dumb 40 minute combo tutorial for all mk combos or something.

EDIT:
Oh hey, in case you feel like posting, Ulevo, I put together a post you can post yourself and I'll get your meaning, and you can put even less effort into your post. I think it's a win for everyone involved :^)

What is ironic about the situation, is that this combo doesn't even take into account di, the combo is just frivolous as a result. Plus, in my experience, I'm not good enough to do the combo so it doesn't work. Irony. I'm really smart - ulevo 2015
lucia did that combo too vs a G&W just that without u tilt u just made the combo have more swag

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

Labbing is fun.

EDIT:

Yo that combo on the first stock was the goat!

:yeahboi:

WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ : Nice copy and paste job, bro.

I thought I'd swooce into character socials and shamelessly advertise my crew's tournament because it'd be cool to see some Megaman mains involved

Last edited:

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
how do u lab and dont stop in like the 5 mins after i try to lab stuff with mk fox and greninja but i always get bored tell me how u do it
Well every character gets comboed slightly different, it's not all mindless so there's an element of actively figuring something out everytime I do a new fighter. Also, I dunno. I did this over and over again sheik for like 2 hours last night. It's just something I don't mind doing I guess

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
I usually get bored of labbing or practising combos after like an hour. Although if I thought I'd found something cool or new then I'd probably stay longer. After that I just really wanna play.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Here's something interesting. If you usmash a rosa at 0 percent, and she does anything but airdodge, u get a free 6 uair kill combo.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I was about to quit MK until my friends said that my MK is better than I give him credit for

-Fe-

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker here on the meta knight boards. I used to play brawl a while back, and now I'm getting back into smash. I've been main hunting a while now and I'm starting to settle with MK. I'm really rusty with the game still, and I still haven't gone to any tournaments in...over three years, but I'm telling myself that I'll try to be a regular here on the boards.

Anyway, I know this is a bit off topic, but did anyone see that post on the d tilt to down b combo? No one replied, so I thought maybe it was just junk. Is it not a true combo? Can you DI out of it?

I don't own the game or a Wii u yet, so I couldn't test it.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Teching isn't difficult and the guy literally used mac as a training dummy. Mac has a crappy tech roll, it isn't guaranteed on 99% of the cast.

This combo was known months ago so when we saw it, we just ignored it i guess.

-Fe-

Smash Rookie
Okay, so the majority of the cast can tech it and avoid it? Just in the video, even if it was teched, he was able to follow up with the dimensional cape. So that's only true with little Mac?

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Little mac has the worst tech rolls in the game, but iirc Charizards are almost equally awful so it probably works on him too I guess lol.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
It only covers Mac's and possibly a couple of others' tech rolls (like Charizard as Ghostbone mentioned), it still covers missed tech and tech in place on everyone else. Alternatively, Dtilt to dash to grounded Up-B covers tech roll away as well and should kill light- to mid-weights earlier depending on stage position and how stale Up-B is, so is usually the superior option anyway. Neither will kill heavyweights so DCape is better for more damage in that case I guess.

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
at the start u throwed a random nado that wasnt directed to ur oponnent a lot of F tilts some out of nowhere and others not looking well because u could do other things like the f tilt to read ledge get up u did could being a nado . u hot some DA t early 5 looked like u could u air out of them but u did nair which is still a solid option but u know the abadango is chilling there and u dont do it

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
at the start u throwed a random nado that wasnt directed to ur oponnent a lot of F tilts some out of nowhere and others not looking well because u could do other things like the f tilt to read ledge get up u did could being a nado . u hot some DA t early 5 looked like u could u air out of them but u did nair which is still a solid option but u know the abadango is chilling there and u dont do it
The nado was on accident. I learned the hard way not to start like that.

Top Bottom