• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I got 2nd out of 24 when I visited Canada yesterday. Won doubles. Didn't drop a single game in any event until Game 2 of Winner's Finals. (my doubles partner). T'was a fun day.

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
Been gone for a while.

someone said final destination is a bad stage for meta knight. that's absolutely not true I actually think it's one of the better nights better stages. this is because it's easier to set up combos on FD than any other stage, especially jab lock combos. in fact none of the stages are particularly bad for us except when were going against ZSS, in which case never go battlefield or dreamland.
well truu but like others said it depends on the MUs and is a bit sad to not be able to platform camp but still i always bann FD isnt a HORRIBLE stage for us but not best

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Get your Uair combos down, this is key in the matchup because you don't want him to have rage on you cause MK is light and he will punch you to heaven at 60%. Good luck

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
Remember to SDI the up tilts from ryu cuz if he gets that clean shoryu u ded and remember the focus punch can cancel and that u can get red of it doing like 2 moves DONT SHIELD IT good luck

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
If he is like low level ryu he will get very gimmicky with focus attack. Know his patterns and straight up **** him.

On a side note: TECH THAT! #2 will be streamed!!!! All MK players in Saudi are going to come. 2 are from the capital and are supposedly really good and then there is.. Me.

I shall update you guys with the stream link when if comes.

It's going to take place in Friday after two days. 5 PM (+3 GMT)

SOOOO HYPPPPPEED.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
For those of you who don't know. Vinnie has landed in Mexico about an hour ago, there's a tournament this weekend. You know where this is going...

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Vinnie was robbed of everything.. Everything he got was stolen. Please donate to him on PayPal. His twitter is @Vinnie516 and all the info is there.

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
13 out of 66, solo pink Meta Knight.
Sent to losers by our country's monstrous, undefeated, first ranker (Rosalina) and out of the tournament by a very skilled Pac-Man from the capital. http://techthat2d.challonge.com/TECHTHAT2D here is the bracket. I am STR.
I didnt get to face any of the other MK's fortunately but we played some friendlies afterwards. I discovered some nice techniques with them and they gave me some advice on how to beat some capita;
I faced a skilled Peach whom I always feared but I just 2-0 him and clutched it against a ZSS 2-1.
Okay, so that was about it form me as a player.

As a TO, this tournament was good. Press covered it. Did interviews with me and the players. I did interviews with the winners. Sponsor and candies. Potentials for bigger things. Hope.
Some pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_2FHJNhKsWISWZ5a2hGV0FYUE0 (its uploading as I am writing this)

To avoid issues with Pro Controllers I just took them all and no one was allowed to have them till they were either leaving or playing. Of course I had labels and wrote names on each. 6 setups meant everything was smooth. NO STREAM BECAUSE THE GAME NET DECIDED TO HATE US (not really, but yeah..) that made lots of people sad. me included. but meh. everyone worked hard and all the little issues we face we figured out how to deal with next time. Also, I believe we have enough money left to order us an Evo monitor. I am really happy about that. Thats one less monitor we will have to borrow when we do tournaments.

ZTD | TECHnology

9th out of 128 in singles. 5th out of 46 teams. Sheik/MK is a baller team. I put in some work.

Need to learn the Rosa MU though. Our good Rosa won't friendly anyone with his main if he thinks you're a threat.

This weekend marks the end of the season. I wonder if I'll be ranked.

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
9th out of 128 in singles. 5th out of 46 teams. Sheik/MK is a baller team. I put in some work.

Need to learn the Rosa MU though. Our good Rosa won't friendly anyone with his main if he thinks you're a threat.

This weekend marks the end of the season. I wonder if I'll be ranked.
I don't win that MU terribly a lot, but its the MU I play the most. I miiight know some stuff that can help with it.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Yet another top Sheik who defeated by Leo, this kid is crazy!! D:

He said that Vinnie was harder than Mr. R, so he will keep going with the hard training

ZTD | TECHnology

I don't win that MU terribly a lot, but its the MU I play the most. I miiight know some stuff that can help with it.
I know what I did wrong but its just annoying. The thing is in my state we have three 3 different levels of Rosalina users:

1. Rayquaza07 - National level Rosa.

2. The 2 or 3 mid level Rosa players that I just bop because they have no idea how to play the MU.

3. The trash players with Rosa secondaries.

So yeah I literally never get to practice that MU at a high level and I NEED to. It sucks.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Nerf MK confirmed?
Yes please.

ZTD | TECHnology ZTD | TECHnology Just come down to a big Ohio tourney. We have at least 3 PR-worthy Rosa mains; Fizzle, Fumbles, & CrazyColorz and a few others that aren't quite there yet. One of our mid-level Rosas was actually telling me a couple days ago about how they don't lose to other MKs in tourney because of how often they play me.
In fact, OH's probably one of the more dangerous states for other MK mains since everyone but NEOH knows how to fight him. I never make it up to NEOH for anything since it's like the same distance as MI from me sooo might as well go to MI lol.

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
Was just thinking, would it be worth it to put up a FAQ in the OP of the questions and answers thread with stuff that gets asked all the time?

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Petition to call our signature combo "the pro combo" :shades:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
gonna (finally) take my MK to bracket in tourney instead of just friendlies alongside greninja this weekend. can I get the fabled ulevo info PM? ;w;

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
At my local tournament, people can strike and ban.
Starters are all of common stages at bigger tourneys like VGB. Counters are the same.
Stage help please. I get the most out of Dream Land and FD (Some how) and I need to know MK best stages with these rules.
I often ban FD and Delfino, but I don't think this is correct. So, I know that FD should be banned, but what else? And I need help with counter picks.
I also need help for Falcon, Shulk, JR. and Villager.
There was this dude today who got first using Falcon, Robin and Villager. I dont think he mains Falcon, but wow. Villager and Robin were scary. His aliases was SilverFox.

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
gonna (finally) take my MK to bracket in tourney instead of just friendlies alongside greninja this weekend. can I get the fabled ulevo info PM? ;w;
You mean Skype information?

At my local tournament, people can strike and ban.
Starters are all of common stages at bigger tourneys like VGB. Counters are the same.
Stage help please. I get the most out of Dream Land and FD (Some how) and I need to know MK best stages with these rules.
I often ban FD and Delfino, but I don't think this is correct. So, I know that FD should be banned, but what else? And I need help with counter picks.
I also need help for Falcon, Shulk, JR. and Villager.
There was this dude today who got first using Falcon, Robin and Villager. I dont think he mains Falcon, but wow. Villager and Robin were scary. His aliases was SilverFox.
It is character dependent. You should not be picking and banning the same every game.

Top Bottom