• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Misteries of a Masterpiece: The SSB4's Sketch Discussion!!!

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Everyone knows about this image that our beloved Sakurai posted to teaser us Smash Bros fans:

Here we can see Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Pikachu, Zero Suit Samus, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, Luigi, Fox, Marth, Pit, Meta Knight and most notably Kirby.

Also: Mr.Saturn, Sandbag, a blue pikmin (yeah it's a blue one because of the small mouth), a heart container and Master Hand in the back ground. Also a small star under Fox (maybe a warp star?)

BUT THE REAL QUESTION IS: WHAT IS WRITE VERY BELOW THE IMAGE? YES!!! THERE ARE LETTERS CUT VERY BELOW THE IMAGE! SOMEONE CAN TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS?

Also, all these things and chacacters being represented in this sketch confirms their presences in the upcoming smash game?
And...
There is a blue pikmin, but not Olimar. Why?
There is Mr.Saturn, but not Ness or Lucas. Why?
Why they drawn Kirby so big? (Joker's question)

Can we make thoughts using this beloved art masterpiece?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i dont think there's much to this, the writing probably says smash bros and kirby's that big because sakurai is very fond of his own creations

i think your looking into to this a bit much

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
i dont think there's much to this, the writing probably says smash bros and kirby's that big because sakurai is very fond of his own creations

i think your looking into to this a bit much
Sorry, but is't very visible that the first letter is not a "S", and why Sakurai should hide it? If it's the next smash bros's name?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There does seem to be something cut off at the bottom, and it might be letters, but even if it is, there's no way we'll be able to tell what is says from just the very tops. I think this image has been over-analyzed enough already, and all we know for sure is there are a bunch of Nintendo characters drawn on a whiteboard, and assuming anything more than that and guessing what implications it might mean is over-analyzing.

Also, why Kirby and Pit are right at the front of a Smash Bros. related image should be obvious. ;)

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Men, this is just a draw in the whiteboard, that's nothing official in this thing. I don't care very much with those doodles can mean.

And that's not a Heart Container, It's a heart from Kid Icarus xD

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Men, this is just a draw in the whiteboard, that's nothing official in this thing. I don't care very much with those doodles can mean.

And that's not a Heart Container, It's a heart from Kid Icarus xD
It's not just a draw! It's a masterpiece made from the official smash bros development team! (joke)

Maybe you and most people don't care now, but I believe that someday that image will be a really important piece, plus the word that no one can see!

P.S: A heart from Kid Icarus? Why? Why not a heart container?

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
It's not just a draw! It's a masterpiece made from the official smash bros development team! (joke)

Maybe you and most people don't care now, but I believe that someday that image will be a really important piece, plus the word that no one can see!

P.S: A heart from Kid Icarus? Why? Why not a heart container?
Sakurai's most recent creation.

Just like another member said, Sakurai cares too much about your own creations. I'm also impressed that Sakurai didn't have no participation in Kirby's 20th Birthday collection.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It looks like it is definitely in English. Initially, I thought it said "Smash." Now I think it says something different, and the first letter isn't a "S." It looks like a "U" or a "V."

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Because Kirby is getting fat,duh.

And I don't think it's a Kid Icarus heart,it looks like it,but that wouldn't make sense to have one in a SMASH art.Sakurai probably didn't do it,maybe a surprise for him,*Sakurai enters*,Team:Taaaa-daaaaaaaa,that would be perfect,and personally,since Uprising,Pit isn't overlooked in the foreground.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Perhaps, going from Johnknight's suggestion that the word at the bottom starts with a 'U', perhaps it says 'Universe'? As in, "Super Smash Bros. Universe", the name on the leaksheet that they used to hire people and get their ideas?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ I only see 7 tops of letters (which doesn't mean its' 7 letters exactly; it could be as few as 4), which is too few for the word "Universe," which is 8 letters long.

The word, in my estimation, looks like it has 5 letters. It is worth noting "super," "smash," "melee," and "brawl" all are 5 letter words.

Also, the last letter (if that is really a letter, which is a big IF!) looks like a , C, Q, P, G, O (the letter), zero (0), 2, 3, 6, 8, or 9.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've actually seen dedicated forums solve these kind of things before.

I'm too lazy to look over it though

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai's most recent creation.

Just like another member said, Sakurai cares too much about your own creations. I'm also impressed that Sakurai didn't have no participation in Kirby's 20th Birthday collection.
Impressed? Don't you mean you're surprised? The father of Kirby didn't do **** for his 20th birthday. It's like Kirby is Sakurai's disowned child.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Impressed? Don't you mean you're surprised? The father of Kirby didn't do **** for his 20th birthday. It's like Kirby is Sakurai's disowned child.
After Sakurai added both King Dedede and Meta Knight for Brawl, people that are stupid feel he's full of himself.

King Dedede was my most wanted choice for Brawl, so I say screw them.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
AFAIK, Sakurai hasn't been involved with any Kirby games since he departed HAL in 2003, his last Kirby game being Air Ride. I'm guessing some people thought he might have some involvement with the 20th anniversary game (which as the creator, I suppose would be a fair assumption), but between Uprising and now Smash, it's really not surprising he didn't.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Psycho
Add in the fact that King Dedede was among the most demand characters (along with Sonic, Diddy Kong, and Wario) and that Meta Knight was always a fan favorite BAMF-type character that also had a fairly large fan base pre-Brawl. Plus, Meta Knight being revealed as playable in Brawl consequently confirmed King Dedede to all people with brains, knowledge of the Kirby franchise, and the ability to "connect the dots."

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
At first I thought those shapes at the bottom were just erasers or markers resting on the shelf that whiteboards usually have at the bottom to hold stuff like erasers and markers. But after zooming in you can see that the shapes appear to be the tops of blocky letters filled in with line shading.
If it is in english, I'm guessing it says

"H I T I S S H"

The first 4 letters are hard to tell, and they might be in Kanji or some other crazy characters like that. But I'm pretty damn sure the last three letters are S S H.
This could be an abbreviation of the next smash bros title. Like for instance, Super Smash Heart.
Heart would fit the 5 letter theme of Brawl and Melee, but the japanese titles of the games are always totally different. Like Smash Bros X or DX. Then again the characters are obviously obssessed with obtaining that Heart in the center of the image.

Well that's my outlandish input.

Also part of zero suit samus' elbow appears to be obstructed by a piece of chalk. I think some of the letters I saw were just pen's or something. Only like 4 are definitely something, but if that is pens and chalk on the bottom shelf than those shapes probably stop right where you see them. Unless they started drawing on the wall below the board.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Wow! I can't believe that we are going to see the trailer tomorrow, looking at this image makes me think that time is fading

Top Bottom