• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mine

courte

Smash Lord
OH EM GEE!!

if snake is going to be loyal to his MGS game counterparts... he can be damaged by some of his own weapons perhaps?? not to the extent of pichu, possibly only a few--i'd imagine only the explosives... aww crap---only the set explosives i guess

and you can't say you've never accidentally tripped over your own claymore, or detonated C4 next to you by accident

But here is hoping THAT WON'T HAPPEN... although it really could huh??
--------------------------------------------------
and snake needs to have "Death" as a taunt

NeoZ

Smash Ace
OH EM GEE!!

if snake is going to be loyal to his MGS game counterparts... he can be damaged by some of his own weapons perhaps?? not to the extent of pichu, possibly only a few--i'd imagine only the explosives... aww crap---only the set explosives i guess

and you can't say you've never accidentally tripped over your own claymore, or detonated C4 next to you by accident

But here is hoping THAT WON'T HAPPEN... although it really could huh??
--------------------------------------------------
and snake needs to have "Death" as a taunt
Never by accident, but tons of times on purpose, most of the time just for fun.
He should also be able to drop grenades, it was awesome in every game as you were invincible after being knocked down, and it got rid of the enemies surrounding you.
Also death as in: Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That would be awesome.

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
i still think it's possible that the mine is a tilted down b while c4 is smash down b
but who cares
flame away

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
i still think it's possible that the mine is a tilted down b while c4 is smash down b
but who cares
flame away
why do people think these things!? sakurai made it perfectly clear a LONG time ago that the mine is a smash attack. C4 is a completley separate move and not related to the mine whatsoever, besides the fact that they both explode.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
but who cares
flame away
It was confirmed as a smash, and the famitsu scan(and it's translation) showed C-4 and explained it.
You set the C-4, and you use it again to explode it at will.

courte

Smash Lord
just wow to post 45
WWWWWWWWW
OOOOOOOOOOOO
WWWWWWWWW
of warcraft

and to neoz i mean death as in, that classic line needs to be in the background as his like blows himself up, lays still for a second, then suddenly gets up, reaching out in front of him, as if the explosion was a bullet to the stomach lol

NeoZ

Smash Ace
just wow to post 45
WWWWWWWWW
OOOOOOOOOOOO
WWWWWWWWW
of warcraft

and to neoz i mean death as in, that classic line needs to be in the background as his like blows himself up, lays still for a second, then suddenly gets up, reaching out in front of him, as if the explosion was a bullet to the stomach lol
Echoed scream while stretching his hand and lying on the ground, right?
But maybe if you're in Shadow Moses you get the colonel or Otacon screaming Snake.

shortwanabelaker

Smash Journeyman
why do people think these things!? sakurai made it perfectly clear a LONG time ago that the mine is a smash attack. C4 is a completley separate move and not related to the mine whatsoever, besides the fact that they both explode.
sakurai didnt make it clear.. he sed can it be.. maybe it cant be...

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Could someone link me to a picture/video of Snake using his mine and not his C4? I haven't seen the mine.

courte

Smash Lord
lol even better everyone gets one for stamina mode... and Campbell only takes place of otacon on Shadow moses

Kips

Smash Ace
The idea is that C4 would allow Snake to set up traps and then lure his opponents into them. To play against him if he was like this would require a certain degree of knowing what is around you and avoiding it, which in return would leave you open for what Snake can do without his bombs etc.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Everyone in this thread is wrong.
The down rocket is Snake's downsmash. The mine is something else.

Go to Brawl central. Watch the new videos.
One of them shows Snake CLEARLY smash charging the down rocket launcher before firing.

Regardless of the Snake special moves update, it is confirmed that Snake's down smash is in fact the down rocket.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Or the mine and the c4 are the same thing.
Nope. He buries the mine in the ground and whoever steps on it is blown up, but you plant the C4 ON the ground, and press Down B again to activate it.

Kips

Smash Ace
Well that's just plain ridiculous. For one, Snake can put a mine on the edge, plant C4 on a platform and then edgeguard like there's no tommorow. That's assuming you can have both out of course.

courte

Smash Lord
i'm also a bit confused after the videos because...

from what i could see there was only one placed explosive
the aforementioned "Mine"

keep in mind people moves and the names of moves do change, just look at Meta-Knight and Bowser

so in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PBMVPmttn8 we can see him clearly charging the missile to the ground... more than likely the F-Smash, at least to me, or perhaps the D-Smash

we can see that he has the ability to charge the mine [possibly c4] and we perhaps do not see him blow it up. an argument could be made that it would not be true to the resource material but for all we know, the snake player might have to pay attention to that explosive and trigger it himself--and if it were loyal to the game, he'd be like pichu as most of his explosives damage him.

yes, i think that Mine-C4, because there is no other weapon in metal gear like that aside from the claymore, and well... don't wanna rant

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
Everyone in this thread is wrong.
The down rocket is Snake's downsmash. The mine is something else.

Go to Brawl central. Watch the new videos.
One of them shows Snake CLEARLY smash charging the down rocket launcher before firing.

Regardless of the Snake special moves update, it is confirmed that Snake's down smash is in fact the down rocket.
Haha, wow. After all the flaming from people about how it's so clear that it's the down smash attack...

Kips

Smash Ace
Well if he could charge the C4 if it's his Down+B by placing more sticks/bundles of it in one place before running off, making it a bit of a prep move and adding some mindgames to it. The more C4 you place down the more obviously visible it is, making it harder and harder to avoid.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the C4 is his Down+B while his in a platform or Steel ground , but the mine is his Down+B if the ground is digable. that's the most resonable thing i could think off

Kips

Smash Ace
Point being that this means getting off the stage is tantamount to slitting your own throat because of the positioning Snake can manage. Still, perhaps he can't have both on the stage at the same time?

Yes!!

Smash Rookie
Guys, I believe I can put an end to these debates.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=138992

That's a list of every single one of Snake's moves that have been shown. In this thread you can find...

1) The answer to the mines/rocket launcher debate.
2) The damage percent of almost every move shown
3) Links to videos where you can see him use each move with times to help you find them
4) Potential Strategies on how to use the moves.

If you guys want to put this whole mine/rocket launcher thing to rest just visit that thread. =)

Chepe

Smash Lord
lol guys, NyaseNya was right about yet another thing:

Snake's landmine looks oh so comical now. Anyway, NyaseNya once said that Snake's landmine had gotten numerous complaints from organizations and that Sakurai and the team were considering removing it altogether. Well, it looks like they opted to turn it into a kid's toy lol.

In all honesty, it doesnt look too bad, just a bit colorful is all. Here is the original:

Top Bottom