• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mine

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
there has been lots of confusion about this but the mine is a smash attack. Yes it is his DOWN SMASH NOT DOWN B i really think this needed a thread. i will turn this into an FAQ soon but people need to know that the mine is a smash attack.

The Great Tama

Smash Journeyman
there has been lots of confusion about this but the mine is a smash attack. i really think this needed a thread. i will turn this into an FAQ soon but people need to know that the mine is a smash attack.
So your proposing that that is his Down B attack? That's plausible. It's a nice move nonetheless.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I'm coming in here jus to agree with the fact that it's his Down Smash. It's been proven by super uber logic.

Chepe

Smash Lord
What I dont get is how the RPG is now being labeled absolutely as a Down B (could be down tilt similar to Samus'), but I guess thats for another topic...

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Hes definitely going to be a strange character. It pretty much makes his down smash useless for CQC (close quarter combat) ... yea im a gear nerd

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
It's his down smash. If you're literate and can read headings you'd see that right on the site.

If you're an idiot, you can't read, and should shoot yourself.

courte

Smash Lord
perhaps it will work similar to ness?? like don't get caught in his hands or you'll be scratched up and then still explode

also he needs to have death as a taunt
Otacon: Oh NO! Snake just got shot in the back with a missile, he must be in pieces... God, he's dead...
Snake: :Completely intact and a little bloody: ................AUGH!!
Otacon: OHHHHHHHHH-Kay

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well I'm not asking if anyone played. Was just trying to go with the topic.. :(

/cry

-Onyx

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well I mean I was trying to add on to it. Wasn't an all out question. Was more of a "Do you think?"

-Onyx

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
It should be that if you charge it up, the explosion gets bigger and stronger. It's just plain weird that it is a down smash, it would make more sence as a down-b.

Kips

Smash Ace
So have we confirmed whether it stays there or whether he hops up and it explodes or something? If it stays there then can you say abusive for edgeguarding? You can probably only have one out if so then.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
@ Verditude

How do we know that Snake has both a mine AND a C4? We know Down B is C4. Who says there's a mine?

vastler

Smash Apprentice
i think some of his move(the c4 at least) was taken from his attack in Dream mix TV world fighter where it's snake first appear as a 3rd-party PC, Brawl is his second time

NeoZ

Smash Ace
The C-4 is a mine!!

He plants it, it's his b move you ******* i told you.

And that rocket in a 45º it's his down A
C-4 is not a mine, it's a plastic explosive, which Snake detonates with a remote detonator.
The mine, aka his D-smash, is proximity based, like the motion sensor bomb.
And that pretty much confirms the RPG as his down-tilt.
Also to the guy who said something about Dream Mix... Snake's attack are based on what he does on his games(except the FS, that's from Raiden).
In MGS you could use C-4 to destroy walls and you could even stick it to enemies.

kobefox2485

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alfredo24pr
the brawl commercials are kind of weird because they show the characters special moves in like a very slow detailed way. i dont know exactly how snakes mine works

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I don't really know. Note: Does Snake make use of a combat knife or no? I'm sorry but information and updates about him are kind of sparse from what I can gather.
No he never did until MGS4, in previous games he said he "disliked" bladed weapons.

Top Bottom