• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

SonicMario

Smash Master
We're not playing this game for generic Mii Fighters created just for the game, we want to play as our favorite Nintendo characters.
I'll let some of the people who were awaiting the Mii much more then I was respond to most of your post. But to some people the Miis are considered one of their favorite Nintendo characters/properties. You're implying that the millions that Mii related games have sold don't have a character to them that people are excited for. It doesn't matter if you kinda have to imagine that the Mii is you or someone else to give them a personality. Because even some of the longtime veterans have hardly a personality to them. There are plenty of people will who enjoy being able to play as a Mii in this game and it will help the game sell. This is quite honestly a good move where even three popular choices here would be a niche market compared to the overall sense of what Nintendo's trying to strive for.

The more casual market now have Miis and Wii Fit Trainer. Longtime fans have almost every other character in the game. Smash Bros. is for all types of Nintendo fans, and it makes sense that the Miis are included on the large success of the Wii series since the Wii Debuted. We shouldn't be ignorant of those who would be hyped for the Miis in this game. They could possibly become fans of the other series as they explore more of the game. We once only got Smash Bros simply just for Mario and/or Link and/or Pikachu or all at once. And slowly got introduced to other series as well. The inclusion of the Miis could do the same for people who are currently mostly invested into the Mii games.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
It's true that they weren't necessarily 3x the work. They have simpler models, and their moves don't look as complicated as some characters.

But it's definitely true that 108 moves, no matter if they're more simple, is a lot more work than any other character. Especially for competitive balance. There's no way that adding those two extra move sets and 12 specials per move set didn't take as much time as one or two other characters would've taken.
I'll let some of the people who were awaiting the Mii much more then I was respond to most of your post. But to some people the Miis are considered one of their favorite Nintendo characters/properties. You're implying that the millions that Mii related games have sold don't have a character to them that people are excited for.
That's fine. I'm fine with Mii being in the game. I know they have fans. I like some of the games featuring Miis. They have definitely earned a spot with their popularity and huge sales. A spot. As in, one.

I just meant that the amount of work put into them is disproportionate. Miis have their fans but they were not even among the top ten most wanted characters among the Smash fanbase, and they're getting three move sets.

I'm just ******** about the 3 move sets aspect. With that much content for Mii, yeah, it's going to feel like they filled out the roster with extra Miis instead of more interesting characters.

The more casual market now have Miis and Wii Fit Trainer. Longtime fans have almost every other character in the game.
But the more casual market already had plenty of favorites in the game. Mario, Yoshi, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Animal Crossing, Sonic... All have lots of fans, including quite a lot of casual fans. Smash Bros already has huge casual market appeal. It's not that desperate to convince the Wii crowd to play it. They would barely even care how many move sets the Miis have.

Those series also have hardcare fans, of course (the last two DKC games were not a walk in the park)... Yes, Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid, F-Zero, Mega Man, etc. appeal primarily to the hardcore Nintendo crowd. But it's not like the casual market had nothing. It's not even close to that.

It's also not the case that they needed three Mii Fighters, IMO. I would've been fine with Mii if not for the three move sets. I wouldn't be excited about it, but I accept that the Mii series is huge and it's a good marketing move, etc. Now not only is Mii in the game, but it's getting more effort put into it than almost any other character (only complicated characters like Olimar, Rosalina and Ice Climbers could possibly be the same amount work, IMO).

All I'm saying is... I think almost everyone on this board would choose to add one or two other characters and reduce the Miis to just one move set (it could even still have the 12 choices for special moves to make it interesting).

Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
Warning Received
Wow you guys are OKAY with Nintendo outright MURDERING our favorite fighting franchise by destroying the unique essence that made smash bros a household name in the first place? That essence being STRICTLY NINTENDO CHARACTERS AND THE OCCASIONAL THIRD PARTY GUEST FIGHTER duking it out to see whos the best? I'm sorry, but the big N ****ing BLEW IT with the introduction of Mii's! I'm pretty damn sure the reason we play smash bros games is to live vicariously as our favorite childhood video game heros, but in a fighting game! NOT PIT RECREATIONS OF HITLER AND BATMAN IN MII FORM AGAINST ONE ANOTHER! THE MERE FACT THAT SO MANY OF YOU ARE OKAY WITH THE FACT THAT POP CULTURE ICONS, HISTORICAL FIGURES, ETC ARE NOW PART OF THE SMASH EXPERIENCE SICKENS ME TO NO END!!! SMASH BROS HAS ALWAYS STRICLY BEEN ABOUT NINTENDO AND THEIR BELOVED HISTORY WITH THE OCCASIONAL THIRD PARTY CHARACTER LIKE MEGA MAN OR SONIC BEING ADDED TO SPICE THINGS UP! NOT DUMBASS POP CULTURE ICONS BEING RECREATED IN MII FORM FIGHTING EACH OTHER TO THE DEATH OR BEATING UP OTHER NINTENDO CHARACTERS BECAUSE THEN ITS JUST CELEBRITY DEATH MATCH PLUS NINTENDO CHARACTERS AND QUITE FRANKLY THAT IS NOT A ****ING SMASH BROS GAME PERIOD! GOD YOU ****ERS ARE ********

D

Deleted member

Wow you guys are OKAY with Nintendo outright MURDERING our favorite fighting franchise by destroying the unique essence that made smash bros a household name in the first place? That essence being STRICTLY NINTENDO CHARACTERS AND THE OCCASIONAL THIRD PARTY GUEST FIGHTER duking it out to see whos the best? I'm sorry, but the big N ****ing BLEW IT with the introduction of Mii's! I'm pretty damn sure the reason we play smash bros games is to live vicariously as our favorite childhood video game heros, but in a fighting game! NOT PIT RECREATIONS OF HITLER AND BATMAN IN MII FORM AGAINST ONE ANOTHER! THE MERE FACT THAT SO MANY OF YOU ARE OKAY WITH THE FACT THAT POP CULTURE ICONS, HISTORICAL FIGURES, ETC ARE NOW PART OF THE SMASH EXPERIENCE SICKENS ME TO NO END!!! SMASH BROS HAS ALWAYS STRICLY BEEN ABOUT NINTENDO AND THEIR BELOVED HISTORY WITH THE OCCASIONAL THIRD PARTY CHARACTER LIKE MEGA MAN OR SONIC BEING ADDED TO SPICE THINGS UP! NOT ******* POP CULTURE ICONS BEING RECREATED IN MII FORM FIGHTING EACH OTHER TO THE DEATH OR BEATING UP OTHER NINTENDO CHARACTERS BECAUSE THEN ITS JUST CELEBRITY DEATH MATCH PLUS NINTENDO CHARACTERS AND QUITE FRANKLY THAT IS NOT A ****ING SMASH BROS GAME PERIOD! GOD YOU ****ERS ARE ********
Ah good, I needed some salt to go with my popcorn!
Don't I seem a lot more reasonable now?
You do make a good point. I'm pretty sure that the Miis all share a spot on the roster so they're not just there for padding, but they still technically had to code for 3 characters (assuming every character on the roster has 12 special moves, 4 default and 8 custom).

Last edited by a moderator:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Wow you guys are OKAY with Nintendo outright MURDERING our favorite fighting franchise by destroying the unique essence that made smash bros a household name in the first place? That essence being STRICTLY NINTENDO CHARACTERS AND THE OCCASIONAL THIRD PARTY GUEST FIGHTER duking it out to see whos the best? I'm sorry, but the big N ****ing BLEW IT with the introduction of Mii's! I'm pretty damn sure the reason we play smash bros games is to live vicariously as our favorite childhood video game heros, but in a fighting game! NOT PIT RECREATIONS OF HITLER AND BATMAN IN MII FORM AGAINST ONE ANOTHER! THE MERE FACT THAT SO MANY OF YOU ARE OKAY WITH THE FACT THAT POP CULTURE ICONS, HISTORICAL FIGURES, ETC ARE NOW PART OF THE SMASH EXPERIENCE SICKENS ME TO NO END!!! SMASH BROS HAS ALWAYS STRICLY BEEN ABOUT NINTENDO AND THEIR BELOVED HISTORY WITH THE OCCASIONAL THIRD PARTY CHARACTER LIKE MEGA MAN OR SONIC BEING ADDED TO SPICE THINGS UP! NOT ******* POP CULTURE ICONS BEING RECREATED IN MII FORM FIGHTING EACH OTHER TO THE DEATH OR BEATING UP OTHER NINTENDO CHARACTERS BECAUSE THEN ITS JUST CELEBRITY DEATH MATCH PLUS NINTENDO CHARACTERS AND QUITE FRANKLY THAT IS NOT A ****ING SMASH BROS GAME PERIOD! GOD YOU ****ERS ARE ********

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
While I wasn't a supporter of Mii, and was hoping he wouldn't make it, I'm glad they became the way they are, as they actually look fun to play as, so I'll give you guys a Congratulations, you guys put through alot of crap, but were always strong with defending the Mii, so I admire you guy's determination, and a large Congratulations to all of you Mii supporters.

Junahu

Smash Ace
But it's definitely true that 108 moves, no matter if they're more simple, is a lot more work than any other character. Especially for competitive balance. There's no way that adding those two extra move sets and 12 specials per move set didn't take as much time as one or two other characters would've taken.
That's fine. I'm fine with Mii being in the game. I know they have fans. I like some of the games featuring Miis. They have definitely earned a spot with their popularity and huge sales. A spot. As in, one.

I just meant that the amount of work put into them is disproportionate. Miis have their fans but they were not even among the top ten most wanted characters among the Smash fanbase, and they're getting three move sets.
That's understandable. But I don't believe the loss of work hours is an equivilent trade off. I speculate that the designers and programmers had more downtime than the graphics teams, which is why we have stuff like customisation and multiple movesets.

But yes, I can definitely imagine many people seeing the Miis as hogging three character slots.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Guys I just had an epiphany! I don't have to LIKE masahiro sakurais ******** ass decision to put miis in the game, but I CAN get good with the other characters to where on online I can outright DESTROY ANYBODY ANYWHERE ANYTIME whos stupid enough to use a mii! ;) beware fools for the PICKLENATOR will soon be upon you all who will use the mii character *demonic laughter*

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Guys I just had an epiphany! I don't have to LIKE masahiro sakurais ******** *** decision to put miis in the game, but I CAN get good with the other characters to where on online I can outright DESTROY ANYBODY ANYWHERE ANYTIME whos stupid enough to use a mii! ;) beware fools for the PICKLENATOR will soon be upon you all who will use the mii character *demonic laughter*
I'm maining Mii's just for you now. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Guys I just had an epiphany! I don't have to LIKE masahiro sakurais ******** *** decision to put miis in the game, but I CAN get good with the other characters to where on online I can outright DESTROY ANYBODY ANYWHERE ANYTIME whos stupid enough to use a mii! ;) beware fools for the PICKLENATOR will soon be upon you all who will use the mii character *demonic laughter*

SonicMario

Smash Master
All you're doing is making Miiverse blush... :rolleyes:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
IMO Miis could be the next newcomer revealed... It will be hilarious when they do get revealed. The meltdowns in these boards alone should be fun. :laugh:
Tears, sweet delicious tears.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I swear Sakurai has spies on this forum. His reasons for including the mii was exactly the same from what we said here.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Miis are cool fighters. Guys I'm being super serial here.

But they do look fun. I wonder how Miis will end up ranking on a tier list.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Apologies!

It has been confirmed that all characters have three variants of each special move that can be customized. You don't get to choose how to alter Mario's Fireball - you just choose from the three variants we've seen (standard, fast, and slow, large orb).

Which likely means that each version of the Mii Fighters has a default set. Palutena also has unique variants. (Although seriously, the Links should be getting unique variants in that case).

So for competitive... they're probably just gonna stick to the default sets. But who knows, maybe customization isn't totally broken if it mainly just consists of choosing variant special moves.

Nonetheless, Miis are still getting 3 complete move sets, even if the extra special moves aren't as special as I thought.

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
I hope this garbage doesn't count as 3 character slots meaning we miss out on 2 unique characters who could have been on the roster. I really, really wouldn't have minded 1 Mii on the roster since it is a kind of cool idea, but THREE unique movesets?! That's too much production time going to waste.

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
Miis are cool fighters. Guys I'm being super serial here.

But they do look fun. I wonder how Miis will end up ranking on a tier list.
**Cereal

But yeah, I'm cool with this. At first the leak said Mii's were in it and I was like "No just no" because if they aren't done right it's just...

Anyway, Sakurai made Mii's awesome! Can't wait to play as Hitler. Going main Mii's solely for Hitler

Going to score 11 million knockouts

I hope this garbage doesn't count as 3 character slots meaning we miss out on 2 unique characters who could have been on the roster. I really, really wouldn't have minded 1 Mii on the roster since it is a kind of cool idea, but THREE unique movesets?! That's too much production time going to waste.
The fact that in Smash Bros. Official site has them in one, it probably isn't 3 slots.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
here are my quarrels with the miis:
1: they over did them providing 3 different styles. we dont need 3 different versions of the same character. if need be we could just have diddy kong become dixie kong by choosing a different moveset for him, we could have captain falcon become ganondorf just by choosing a slower, more powerful version of him, we could have roy by just adding fire effects to his attacks, we can have dr mario by just changing his fire balls to pills. we can have bandanna dee by giving kirby a spear, we can have toon link by just making link smaller and faster, we could also have different versions of link. i mean come on.... 3 different miis, why cant we have skyward sword link, deku link, and twighlight princess link? just by choosing a different moveset for him? why dont all characters have 3 different versions of themselves? we could even have mario just become luigi with only a few changes. the way they did miis is a disservice to thier games and ther originality, i even saw some moves that were already used by other characters.

2. practically none of the moves are derived from actual moves from any of the mii games (except for gunner mii which could be a derivative of nintendolands metroid blast) i see no reference to wii sports, find mii, or any mii game.

3. why do miis have the smash logo as thier icon? miis are not a smash exclusive character. they should at least have the crown logo from the find mii stage or maybe even the little smiley faces that dot the "i's" of "mii"

with all that said, i am glad i get to fight as myself and they look fun to play as, i just think 3 miis is over doing it.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Seems kind of a waste to make them unavailable for random online play...

They could at least allow them there but only allow you to use a set of default Miis (with say, male and female Miis with the 6 skin color variations). That would avoid any issues.

I'm ok with the way they handled the move set, as far as coming up with original moves. Miis are generally adapted to the games they're included in, rather than bringing Mii stuff along with them, so it makes sense in a way. It really doesn't help the accusation that they're generic though.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Will there be Brawler, Gunner and Swordfighter variations? I doubt many people will be maining "Mii Fighter" without picking one specifically...

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
As much as I sort of love-hate the character, I am sure I will have a ton of fun making Miis, choosing a style and editing their costume and specials. Miis seem to have been done right in the options section at least.

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Congrats to all the mii supporters. For my humble pie, I present some Mii Fighter icons:

And that I think about, I have always wanted to play as Elijah Wood in Smash.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that thinks that there should be 3 sub-forums for each Mii type for the sake of organization?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Fun Fact: Miis with rocket belts are flying around the pilotwings stage. Mario Kart Logic doubly confirmed!

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Part of me hates that some of their moves appeared to be copies of other fighters (For instance, you can see some Fox and Captain Falcon in the Brawler), another part is okay with that it because they have unique moves and are "mixed" clones and yet another part is very happy about it because it means that too many resources were not wasted on the three different styles.

I am very confused overall.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Calm down dude... you can't play as Miis online. You won't see any unless you're playing against your friends. If you really hate Mii that much just tell your friends they can't play as Mii and you'll never see Miis at all.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The fact that you just used Batman as an example of how not to live vicariously through favorite childhood heroes proves you're full of ****. You just don't like miis. That's it.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Don't all of these sets come from Nintendo Land? Gunner is Metroid Blast
Sword is the LoZ game (forgot the name)
Brawler-generic

Top Bottom