• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Well... Guess I can always use my Professor Layton Mii if Layton doesn't make it in....

Pretty neat that we can give them hats though. I wonder if we can use the ones from Streetpass Quest/Find Mii....

D

Deleted member

Looks like they're all one character slot, just different variations.
Also I'm going to wear the **** out of that top hat.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm going to be honest: this just blew my mind.

Not the mii but how they made them into smash. It's very good and I haven't tough of this before.

Well, congrats every supporter. I hope now that people will see them as a good addition because they were.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
TOP HATS!

I 100% support top hat Miis.

Also, they apparently use the Smash symbol... So I was wrong about the symbol thing. Though on the other hand, I was right that they wouldn't use the Find Mii or Tomodachi symbols.

Oh well, who cares, Miis look great.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
My thoughts on the reveal:

Iwata and Reggie in the void:
"Interesting. Makes me think of Cloud vs. Sephiroth in the lifestream"

They start fighting:
"Eh. Still interesting."

They continue fighting:
"This is getting odd. ...Wait..."

They pull out Nintendo consoles:
"Oh lord, the Sal leak. Are they actually..."

Smash 4 sword slash sound effect happens:
"THEY REALLY DID IT!!! WOW!"

And it's interesting to note how Miis (or rather, "Mii Fighters") are the only newcomers to not have a special artwork piece on their page.
Palutena has one. I didn't see one on the Mii Fighter page, but maybe the artwork wasn't uploaded to the site yet...

Oh, and I also noticed that they have the generic SSB symbol, not a Wii or Mii symbol. Interesting.

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
So guys, next question.

How will we handle Miis competitively. I am certainly making a video on this but I want to see what you guys think?
Tiered movesets, I reckon.

A Tier = Swordsman
B Tier = Brawler, Gunner

A Tier Moves = X Move, Y MOve
B Tier Moves = Xa Move

Etc. That's how I reckon Tier Lists wil handle it. As for competitively, I reckon bringing a WiiU gamepad with saved movesets OR having a standard Mii that can have the moves customised. I for one am kinda worried that someone will bring along Hitler / penis monster to a tournament...

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Looking at the new pic I think custom costumes are confirmed for them letting you change the hat and main outfit. As for the Miis themselves I think them having 3 variations is pretty cool and allows players to pick their favored fighting type. As for custom moves I'm pretty sure it's only the specials like the rest of the characters and it confirms that all specials for everyone with have 3 variants.

Anyway SO HYPED ^^

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, I think their looks are based on your own Mii's, hence all the celebrity references... and the Mii Fighters use the generic Smash symbol as their icon, interesting.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I think they may just have a default set to them from the getgo, or the comp scene will in fact just let the special moves be whatever and let that be a part of the Miis metagame - element of surprise. Nothing crazy, and the moves all seem very vanilla from what I can tell looking back and analyzing.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Made some .pdfs with the individual miis since there are none. They're not perfect, but they should cover any basic needs for now:

Last edited:

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Looking at the new pic I think custom costumes are confirmed for them letting you change the hat and main outfit. As for the Miis themselves I think them having 3 variations is pretty cool and allows players to pick their favored fighting type. As for custom moves I'm pretty sure it's only the specials like the rest of the characters and it confirms that all specials for everyone with have 3 variants.

Anyway SO HYPED ^^
The wording on Sakurai's part seemed to indicate to me that normal character has 3 options per move and each of Miis has whopping 12 per move... I gotta take a listen again it seems...

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
The wording on Sakurai's part seemed to indicate to me that normal character has 3 options per move and each of Miis has whopping 12 per move... I gotta take a listen again it seems...
That can't be it, mid-fight transforming beyond Final Smashes were abolished. It's probably just that they're lumping them together because like they were gonna make 3 separate pages for each Mii type.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Heh heh, in a way, the Reggie supporters got what they wanted.

Anyhow, this looks like a very interesting addition. I never would have thought of incorporating Miis this way. If I do use the Mii, I will probably go with the Mii Sword Fighter. Too bad there isn't a Mii Wizard character.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
That can't be it, mid-fight transforming beyond Final Smashes were abolished. It's probably just that they're lumping them together because like they were gonna make 3 separate pages for each Mii type.
I don't see how that contradicts what I just claimed. I can be wrong, but it has nothing to do with transformations. At all.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
You can be Reggie in Smash now. Gr8 for everyone.

I like Miis, and I like how badass their moves are now!

D

Deleted member

I wasn't to hot on the idea of Miis, but seeing how they work now just makes me hype as hell for them. Sakurai really can make anything work.
Also Lincon confirmed top tier.

Last edited by a moderator:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Okay, the different movesets are pretty cool. Gonna go with the sword, since swords are cool.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Now I watched that again watching for that, it's clear that each class has 12 options for all slots, so it's either 4 slots with three options each or something so crazy we'll never get it. Sorry for the confusion!

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
If it goes by the Miis you have, I'm definitely gonna make some weird miis for online play. Unless they just make it look like a normal Mii when online with strangers.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Srsly, are it 1 or 3 characters??? He said 3 but on the website it was only one?
It is a single character that has 3 different styles of game play. I would guess that there would be a special button to switch between them on the character select screen.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Remember the whole icon argument? Their icon is the Smash Bros. symbol. It sounds weird. But here's a bit of fridge brilliance.

It's the ultimate rep of the Smash series, cause it's the players ;)

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Anyway, I'm just going to take the opportunity to say that I saw this coming ever since the previous E3. I would of found it hard to believe that they would have included Wii Fit Trainer without including what are the true stars of Wii Fit and other Wii Series games. All the clues with all the Mii stages just made it more obvious. There was pretty much almost nothing in the way of Miis getting in this time.

Even though I argued heavily for them here, I was in reality a little neutral to them. If they weren't in, my biggest disappointment would have more come from those who were treating the Miis unfairly in speculation due to personal bias would of felt entitled to say any such stupid reasoning to think they wouldn't get in more so then me actually any disappointment that they're not playable.

I'm glad they're in though, they've earned their spot in Nintendo's history whether we like them or not. And are as much Nintendo All-Star as much of the veterans are at this point. :)

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
It is a single character that has 3 different styles of game play. I would guess that there would be a special button to switch between them on the character select screen.
They have to be created in a mii character creation mode. They showed us it during the announcement. You choose what special moves you want, and basic attack fighting styles, and etc. You can't press a button on the character select screen to switch between like 30 different special attack choices.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
You know... whatever. They could be fun. But they have limited time. And honestly, this is the BS that's going to piss me off if the rest of the roster isn't amazing.

I'm just worried about them being overpowered, because how is the Smash team going to balance them competitively when there are 81 variations per Mii Fighter? That's 243 potential move sets. They need to balance the best combination in each set... I mean to some extent they can handle each special move separately, but there could be some cases where the combination of special moves is greater than the sum of their parts.

So either they'll be overpowered because they didn't account for all the variations, or they'll be weak in order to ensure no combination is ridiculous. If they're balanced... well, then that means they probably spent a lot of time on that which could've been spent making characters that most Smash fans would've liked better.

And... If Miis get 3 move sets with 3x the special moves, and some worthwhile characters are left out... That's just some BS.

Miis are gonna get the blame from everyone for any favorite character left out, because there's more to them than any other character. The butthurt from Toad and Bowser Jr fans aimed at Rosalina is nothing. Especially for any series that didn't get a newcomer (or in the case of DK which will still be underrepresented at 3 slots... even if they get one, either Dixie or K Rool fans can still blame Miis).

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Miis are gonna get the blame from everyone for any favorite character left out, because there's more to them than any other character. The butthurt from Toad and Bowser Jr fans aimed at Rosalina is nothing. Especially for any series that didn't get a newcomer (or in the case of DK which will still be underrepresented at 3 slots... even if they get one, either Dixie or K Rool fans can still blame Miis).
I think those planning to try out or even main Miis will have be in some good company. Considering there's Wii Fit Trainer fans that deal with the same kind of thing.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
All that time spent giving Miis basically 108 moves (standard move set is about 24 non-special attacks... 24x3 + 4x3x3 special attacks) as compared to the usual 28... Could've been spent adding two or three or even four of K Rool, Ridley, Toad, Bowser Jr, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Pac-Man, Bandana Dee, Ghirahim, Tetra, FE Avatar/Robin, Chrom, Roy, Mewtwo, Dillon, Saki, Ashley, Samurai Goroh... Basically, anyone who we don't get.

I mean, honestly, how many people, even the Mii supporters in this thread, would choose what we got from Miis over two or three more non-generic Nintendo All-Stars? Even if we got one customizable Mii move set, we still could've gotten 2 or 3 real characters.

We're not playing this game for generic Mii Fighters created just for the game, we want to play as our favorite Nintendo characters.

WFT might annoy people, but at least she didn't take a giant swath of development time - she's no more work than the average fighter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom