• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The game looks very cool and all that, but we'll still probably not get Mega Man in any of the vs. Capcom games. Because why the hell not, I guess.

Also a bit of a fun fact related to this, but unused sprites in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters show that Mega Man was capable of performing the Hadouken. The Hadouken is also a recurring easter egg in the Mega Man X series.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The game looks very cool and all that, but we'll still probably not get Mega Man in any of the vs. Capcom games. Because why the hell not, I guess.

Also a bit of a fun fact related to this, but unused sprites in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters show that Mega Man was capable of performing the Hadouken. The Hadouken is also a recurring easter egg in the Mega Man X series.
Maybe, IF Megaman gets into SSB4, a hadouken can be an easter egg that happens when using the neutral special. (Mega buster)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Maybe, IF Megaman gets into SSB4, a hadouken can be an easter egg that happens when using the neutral special. (Mega buster)
Like while charging up, you'd press ↓↘→+Special and it'd preform the more powerful Hadouken instead of the normal shot?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This is supported by Capcom. HOWEVER! It's fan made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRA-YA7vmo8
Capcom has supported several Mega Man hacks/fan games in the past, this doesn't mean anything. Especially since this is a game that has been in development for quite a while now and has been advertised by Capcom several times before.

That said, it looks pretty cool, not MM7/8 Famicom or 8Bit Death Match cool, but cool none the less. I'm not a fan of hacks but I think I'll try and download it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Capcom has supported several Mega Man hacks/fan games in the past, this doesn't mean anything. Especially since this is a game that has been in development for quite a while now and has been advertised by Capcom several times before.

That said, it looks pretty cool, not MM7/8 Famicom or 8Bit Death Match cool, but cool none the less. I'm not a fan of hacks but I think I'll try and download it.
I know it doesn't mean anything. lol

I just wanted to share it with everyone. :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I know it doesn't mean anything. lol

I just wanted to share it with everyone. :awesome:
That's good to know, looking at some other sites a lot of people have been over reacting to this. The game does look WAY better than Xover though.

The thing that bothers me is that it's not Capcom made, but their adding their name to it (copyright aside), doesn't that seem a little odd? Feels more like a last (and cheap) attempt to keep the MM fanbase alive after all the tension in the past few years. Capcom has shown off several fan hacks in the past but never supported them "officially" until now.

Call me stubborn, but this just reeks of free self promotion.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
That's good to know, looking at some other sites a lot of people have been over reacting to this. The game does look WAY better than Xover though.

The thing that bothers me is that it's not Capcom made, but their adding their name to it (copyright aside), doesn't that seem a little odd? Feels more like a last (and cheap) attempt to keep the MM fanbase alive after all the tension in the past few years. Capcom has shown off several fan hacks in the past but never supported them "officially" until now.

Call me stubborn, but this just reeks of free self promotion.
It is. Capcom is helping it after all. (apparently)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Sounds more like a cheap way to save a few dollars and keep the fans quiet.

On the bright side, at least it's far more interesting then Mega Man Xover.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh man, am I beyond excited to announce this.

As the Street Fighter anniversary ends and Mega Man's begins, we are proud to reveal Street Fighter X Mega Man, a free PC download coming on December 17th. This 8-bit-style crossover title stars the Blue Bomber and a slew of retro-ized SF mainstays acting as stand-in Robot Masters; beat them, acquire their powers and tackle the next amazingly re-imagined boss.

Best of all, this is a true collaboration between Capcom and its fans. Singapore superfan Seow Zong Hui (maybe you've seen his Dhalsim skills?) approached our own Christian Svensson back at EVO 2012 with the skeleton of SFxMM running on a laptop. Seeing the potential and serendipitous opportunity, Sven shared it with GregaMan and I a week later. We evaluated (aka played to death) it and said uh yeah, this is pretty damn cool. Then it all started coming together.

Further details will come out via interviews and whatnot, but the big takeaway is that we can ring in the 25th anniversary of one of gaming's most beloved characters with high spirits. I'm kind of beside myself, having been involved with daily build tests and feedback to Zong Hui (who was of course amazing the whole way through). It really is a dream come true for me, as a lifelong Mega-fan. I've literally dreamed of this day :)

We also have an incredible 8-bit soundtrack from A_Rival, who's expertly blended SF and MM tunes to create a truly unique body of work. Flash Man mixed with Ryu? Snake Man mixed with Dhalsim? Too cool. This mashup style is also present in the boss battles - if you know how Blanka and Rose behave in SFIV, you'll have an idea how to approach them in SFxMM.

So yeah. We'll stream the game next week and reveal a bit more later on, but as of 12/17 you can head to the brand page and download at your leisure.

As for more MM25 news... stay tuned. I've been running those meetings all year and we have stuff to share that day and through 2013. We know it's been a hard year for Mega Man fans, but I hope this proves our love and intent to the series, and that we have not heard the last of the little guy.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2012/12/08/street-fighter-x-mega-man-coming-december-17

Looks like more Megaman news is on the horizon. Wonder if one of those news, and meetings, are our little blue boy being in Super Smash Bros?!

Not really.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. would defiantly be the highlight of the franchise in a vein similar to Sonic in Brawl. It would probably be one of the smartest choices Capcom would make at this point to get them crawling out of the fire.

Of course it's Capcom, so maybe not.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. would defiantly be the highlight of the franchise in a vein similar to Sonic in Brawl. It would probably be one of the smartest choices Capcom would make at this point to get them crawling out of the fire.

Of course it's Capcom, so maybe not.
it would be a way of printing money. but of course, it's as you said:

D

Deleted member

Nothing would hype me more at a E3 trailer than to see Mega Man as a playable character revealed. I'm not sure how likely this is, but regardless of variation, I would definitely follow Smash until released date and hopefully get it Day 1.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nothing would hype me more at a E3 trailer than to see Mega Man as a playable character revealed. I'm not sure how likely this is, but regardless of variation, I would definitely follow Smash until released date and hopefully get it Day 1.
Well, getting Megaman in SSB is about the only significant thing I could see Capcom doing at this point bar an actual new title.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Speaking of music, if Mega Man does come in, I'd imagine a lot of very neat remixes. Here's a list of some song ideas for Mega Man music appearing in Super Smash Bros.
I'd expect medleys for sure.

Megaman and Bass - Robot Museum
Megaman - Cutman
Megaman 2 - Dr. Wily Stage
Megaman 3 - Snakeman
Megaman 4 - Wily's Citadel (Complete Works)
Megaman 5 - Protoman's Fortress (Darkman Stage)
Megaman 6 - Mr. X (Complete Works)
Megaman 7 - Shademan
Megaman 8 - Wily Stage 2
Megaman 9 - Galaxy Fantasy (Galaxy Man)
Megaman 10 - Against the Pressure
Megaman 2 - Robot Master Medley
Megaman X - Central Highway

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
D

Deleted member

If there were to be Mega Man X music, I'm very much hoping for some Blaze Heatrix. Packs so much awesome into one song and is one of my favorite in the entire series.

@Habanero: I think you should add Metal Man to the list of possibilities. That one is among the Top 10 most famous music of the franchise.
Well, getting Megaman in SSB is about the only significant thing I could see Capcom doing at this point bar an actual new title.
I'll have to agree here. If nothing else, even Capcom has to be getting tired of all the negative publicity surrouding them and realize that they need to start working on mending broken bonds. Capcom knows that bringing a Mega Man variation into Smash will bring them good publicity and this move can buy them times to figure out other ways to shed the negative image they've accommodate.

Not saying this guarantees Mega Man's inclusion since Capcom has stated they want to leave this up to Sakurai (but that's not going do any good), but if anything could convince Capcom to finally ask Sakurai to put Mega Man in instead, it's realizing that putting Mega Man in would be enough to start giving Capcom a more positive image then they've enjoyed in the past two years or so along with what makes Mega Man stands above other potential third-party choices.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What the actual hell Capcom. These guys just steep even lower and lower and lower. A fangame supported by the actual company which dates back to 2010?

Megaman has now gone even lower than Sonic since Sonic O'Six.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What the actual hell Capcom. These guys just steep even lower and lower and lower. A fangame supported by the actual company which dates back to 2010?

Megaman has now gone even lower than Sonic since Sonic O'Six.
Not sure if serious.

I fail to see how "support a fangame" is in anyway equivalent to "release a sh*tty, completely broken/unfinished game for money." Connect the dots for me.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
At least there is support in any way, which is always a plus.

Also it's still better then what ever the hell Mega Man Xover was.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
that was exactly what was being discussed here lol.

by the way, that is just a fanwork. it is, however, supported by C
r
apcom.
oh i didnt know cause i didnt see anyone else put up a link so i didnt quite know what u were all talking about lol.

nessokman

Smash Lord
sakurai said it wasn't out of the realm of possibility that a capcom chars appear, but it woulld be hard to fit them in a universe dedicated to nintendo characters.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Megaman is the next most popular third party after Sonic. People wanted Sonic and now they want Megaman. That gives him a chance.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So I just started playing Powered Up again, and I decided to try playing as Cut Man, and I noticed this guy:
[COLLAPSE="Mega Man?"]
[/COLLAPSE]I think it would be cool if Megaman?'s scarf were an alternate costume for Rockman.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
So I just started playing Powered Up again, and I decided to try playing as Cut Man, and I noticed this guy:
[COLLAPSE="Mega Man?"]
[/COLLAPSE]I think it would be cool if Megaman?'s scarf were an alternate costume for Rockman.
But there's already Classic Megaman, Megaman X and Battle Network Megaman for different costumes.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Bond Man was the best Robot Master that never happened.

But in all seriousness, my favorite of the Robot Masters would have to be Pharaoh Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom