• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Maze Lounge: Pacman Social Thread

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Who else is excited for Nintendo Direct tomorrow? I really hope we get word on the DLCs, even if we get no knwledge of their moveset. I still wanna know the characters. I am hoping for Ivy from Soul Caliber and Nights from Nights into Dreams.

And I want them to have some goofy character specific mechanics much like Ryu does. I love that!

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I want Ms. Pac-Man because the only people who would try her would be a subset of Pac-Man players and he is already not that played. Plus she would probably be different enough with the fruits that she would play differently.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I want Ms. Pac-Man because the only people who would try her would be a subset of Pac-Man players and he is already not that played. Plus she would probably be different enough with the fruits that she would play differently.
I'm not too high on that idea. It would just make me feel like I wish I was playing Customs on Pacman

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I personally want wolf, but if we're talking about unlikely characters, I would LOVE for Crash Bandicoot or Zero to get in.
Why would you want another Star Fox clone? I think it's a travesty that the half of the DLCs have been variants of previous characters and it's not a coincidence that the variants are the characters who see the least in tournament play.

And I don't think either of my picks are that unlikely to get picked from the ballot, especially when compared to Shovel Knight.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Why would you want another Star Fox clone? I think it's a travesty that the half of the DLCs have been variants of previous characters and it's not a coincidence that the variants are the characters who see the least in tournament play.

And I don't think either of my picks are that unlikely to get picked from the ballot, especially when compared to Shovel Knight.
Do you even remember brawl?

Wolf was a pretty different character than fox and falco.

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
My vote was for Shantae because her games are fun, she has a good relationship with Nintendo and I want a western character in smash.

Huge

Smash Apprentice
"...and now the beloved protagonists of two unique third-party games will be joining the fight! Stay tuned for a special presentation!"

(cut into Sakurai staring just off-camera and talking about how much effort is put into the art of the game, how Nintendo is all about making fans happy, etc.)

(cut into the big reveal... the camera is aimed up at the Sun, and, quietly, almost imperceptibly, a familiar theme starts playing in the distance... it can't be!)

(as the music reaches its climax, the camera pans down with jarring force in a frenzy of wild, random motions... at first it's hard to see because of the motion blur, but it's... it's...!)

Shrek from Shrek Super Slam and Tony Hawk from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5!!!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
"...and now the beloved protagonists of two unique third-party games will be joining the fight! Stay tuned for a special presentation!"

Shrek from Shrek Super Slam and Tony Hawk from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5!!!
If Nintendo is gonna start doing characters from TV shows that have been in a game then they should definately throw Goku(DBZ) and Naruto(Naruto) from whatever games they've been in into the smash series. I'd with glee.

I'd also like Jill from Resident Evil but everything about her seems to similar to ZSS

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Why did they only release one? data miners hacked the game and saw three extra character slots

Huge

Smash Apprentice
Froggy Froggy

It's probably going to be a Lucas sort of deal with this December direct. Cloud today, Shovel Knight and Tony Hawk tomorrow.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I really like cloud. I'm just disappointed because I'm pretty sure I won't be playing hmm

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
We have Roy, Ike and to a lesser extent Link. We did not need another heavy swordsman archtype in this game. Its a waste of an opportunity. It also kills my hopes of having Black Mage in this game :(

BSP

Smash Legend
If anyone is curious, let me write something here.

I'm BSP. Those are my initials, and I use them as a tag because I wasn't creative enough back in the day to come up with a decent tag. Not that it matters, names aren't that big of a deal anyway. I'm 21, male, black, Christian, and other things that aren't crossing my mind at the moment. Oh, if you want a clue into my personality, I'm an ISTJ according to the Myers-Briggs personality tests (http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTJ.html). I fit most of that. If you need confirmation, just go look at how pessimistic I usually am when it comes to Pac-Man's setups in smash 4.

Smash stuff: I (re: my mom ) got 64 way back in the day and I played for the lulz. Competitive play never crossed my mind since I was ~7 or something, but I would say Kirby was my main. I never bought Melee, but a friend gave me his copy, and I played it casually as well. It's funny actually. A different friend mentioned Melee tournaments at gameware at couple of times when we played melee. TBH I thought video game tournaments were silly and chuckled at the thought on the inside. I thought to myself "Wow..the day I go to a video game tournament is the day I know I screwed up big time.." Fast-forward a couple of years, and look where we are now. Don't judge people, because you never know how you're going to turn up.

Brawl was the first smash game I actively sought out. I believe I got it around a year after it came out. I began casually as usual, but the introduction of wifi made it much easier to find and challenge people. Long story short, I branched out into wifi, learned about smashboards and all is brawl (now nintendojo), and got pretty involved with competitive play. That being said, I never traveled much, but I was definitely a forum monster when it came to brawl. I followed suit with smash 4, and here we are now. Sigh....

I still think sometimes I'd be better off if I never got into smash seriously, but there's no point in dwelling on the past. I've met some great people and it's not like I've missed any huge opportunities...at least I hope not. Then again, that's a problem I have: I get too passionate about things and fail to divide my time well. Almost everything is ok in moderation, but pretty much anything is bad in excess.

I'm studying electrical engineering in college right now. TBH I picked it based upon employment prospects after graduation, but it's not like I shunned any major interests since I don't have any that I wanted to pursue as a career. It sucks, but it's the truth. I blame video games for my lack of varied interests, but it's too late to cry over them.

Other hobbies outside of smash: Mario, Sonic, and general nintendo games for the most part, DDR, magic the gathering (EDH specifically, thanks other nerd buddies!), and reading if I ever feel so inclined. I used to read a lot more back before I started trying to get better in smash. It's kind of hard to believe that I actually read all of the Eragon books since they're so huge. Sigh..if only there was more time in the day. I like smooth jazz a lot and used to play Trombone. I was also an athlete and I guess I still am, although I'm not in nearly as good of shape as I used to be. Even then, I don't plan to let myself go any time soon.

If you're curious about anything, ask.

also because I'm listening to it right now: this dude's cover of "circle of life" is pretty dang great - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_um4Qj4aJA

On that subject, if I could trade all of my smash skill for something else, it'd definitely be something musical...like playing piano or singing. Jamming out is great.

As far as DLC goes, I don't care who gets in TBH. The game is already great and I already have enough trouble trying to decide on who to use.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
If anyone is curious, let me write something here.

I'm BSP. Those are my initials, and I use them as a tag because I wasn't creative enough back in the day to come up with a decent tag. Not that it matters, names aren't that big of a deal anyway. I'm 21, male, black, Christian, and other things that aren't crossing my mind at the moment. Oh, if you want a clue into my personality, I'm an ISTJ according to the Myers-Briggs personality tests (http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTJ.html). I fit most of that. If you need confirmation, just go look at how pessimistic I usually am when it comes to Pac-Man's setups in smash 4
I swear it seems like all the Pacman players I know of in America are black.

Me, you, Zage, Sinji, Maziya, Koolaid(when mained him). I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the American posters here are black too.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
No black on either your parents' side of the family? :(
Well my cousin married a black guy and they had a kid, but no. Although I was told that I maaay be about 3% Native American but it's not definite.

Last edited:

Huge

Smash Apprentice
My profile pic is a 110% accurate self-portrait I did back in the 7th grade, so that should be a good indicator of how I look...

BSP

Smash Legend
Sigh, I can't wait to be out of this stage of my life. It feels like I'm in a game where I have tons of choices and each of them is extremely important and can have a huge impact on my life. And I don't know which choices are correct >_>. I've been told I worry way too much and I can see it, but come on, it's pretty hard to not worry about these things imo. Then again, there's no guarantee that I'll live past tomorrow, much less this week. So is there any use in worrying?

*Facepalm*....

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Sigh, I can't wait to be out of this stage of my life. It feels like I'm in a game where I have tons of choices and each of them is extremely important and can have a huge impact on my life. And I don't know which choices are correct >_>. I've been told I worry way too much and I can see it, but come on, it's pretty hard to not worry about these things imo. Then again, there's no guarantee that I'll live past tomorrow, much less this week. So is there any use in worrying?

*Facepalm*....
You're young(Assuming you entered college right after high school) you have plenty of time to be unsure and make mistakes and still have more than enough time to turn your life around from that. Instead of worrying just reflect about what you want. Make and pro and cons list(that works for me when I need absolution) and go from there. Anxiety does nothing but cause more anxiety imo.

astrophantom

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow Pac-Mains! I'm astrophantom but most people call me Ray. I'm a freshman in college majoring in secondary education with a focus in English, which pretty much means I want to be a high school English teacher. This past summer I got back into Melee on dolphin and discovered PM and when I started attending uni I found out we had a game room. Everyday this guy brings his WiiU and a group of people just sit around this big screen tv playing Smash 4 all day and it's almost always 8-player smash. I started out playing Luigi like I did in all the other past Smash games but I saw some montages of Pac-Man and got really interested in his play style. So for about 2 weeks now I've been maining Pac-Man and I'm getting a WiiU later this week so I can start practicing on my own at home and hopefully enter and place at some of the tournaments my uni has.

I realize this thread is about social stuff but I thought I'd just start off with the some backstory on the one thing we all have in common haha.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I have a one on one sit down with the department vice president in a few hours at my job. This is a standard thing that's done to familiarize the new VP with all the employees here, its nothing specific about me. But considering I've been doing a less than stellar job and work lately it's not something I'm too comfortable with.

BSP

Smash Legend
You're young(Assuming you entered college right after high school) you have plenty of time to be unsure and make mistakes and still have more than enough time to turn your life around from that. Instead of worrying just reflect about what you want. Make and pro and cons list(that works for me when I need absolution) and go from there. Anxiety does nothing but cause more anxiety imo.
Yes I did. I know I have time, but the knowledge of impending debt and all that is a bit stressful, you know? My Pastor always tells us to get out of "survival mode", which is exactly what I'm doing, but it's hard for me to do it :( . I'll manage though.

I have a one on one sit down with the department vice president in a few hours at my job. This is a standard thing that's done to familiarize the new VP with all the employees here, its nothing specific about me. But considering I've been doing a less than stellar job and work lately it's not something I'm too comfortable with.
Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

I know this isn't the place with a wealth of knowledge on this subject, but if you're a male (probably all of you), how do get past being shallow when it comes to girls? You know how they say looks aren't everything (whoever 'they' are...)? I agree, but it's also pretty hard to discount them completely, at least for me it is.

I don't plan to get huge into dating or anything anytime soon (LOLENGINEERING), but I am very aware that I pay attention to outward features a lot. Like I said, it makes me feel a bit shallow. Of course, when I actually get the point where I go on dates and whatnot, I'll look for other stuff too. I guess I won't know just how much I value the other stuff until I put it to the test.

astrophantom

Smash Rookie
I don't plan to get huge into dating or anything anytime soon (LOLENGINEERING), but I am very aware that I pay attention to outward features a lot. Like I said, it makes me feel a bit shallow.
We're all just human man, everyone examines outward appearances before evaluating any other aspect of someone. Don't be so hard on yourself for liking chicks based on looks alone, it's just in our nature. And if you aren't trying to get into anything serious with a girl then hook-ups and dates are the way to go imo. But I think we all eventually find someone that we see outward beauty in but also see an inner beauty within and that's the kinda girls you date.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
BSP BSP
As long as you are a human being, you biologically can't not ignore appearances. Don't trouble yourself over it.

Physical attraction grabs the attention, but what keeps you is chemistry and emotional bonds. Trust me, you'll know what you want when you've found the right girl. And it won't be looks alone

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yes I did. I know I have time, but the knowledge of impending debt and all that is a bit stressful, you know? My Pastor always tells us to get out of "survival mode", which is exactly what I'm doing, but it's hard for me to do it :( . I'll manage though.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

I know this isn't the place with a wealth of knowledge on this subject, but if you're a male (probably all of you), how do get past being shallow when it comes to girls? You know how they say looks aren't everything (whoever 'they' are...)? I agree, but it's also pretty hard to discount them completely, at least for me it is.

I don't plan to get huge into dating or anything anytime soon (LOLENGINEERING), but I am very aware that I pay attention to outward features a lot. Like I said, it makes me feel a bit shallow. Of course, when I actually get the point where I go on dates and whatnot, I'll look for other stuff too. I guess I won't know just how much I value the other stuff until I put it to the test.
The saying is "Looks aren't everything"
They are, contrary to what the Tumblrinas say, a part of it.

Don't be mad at yourself for not being attracted to ugly people :4pacman:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
For me personally it's been a very long time since I have seen a girl I thought was ugly. Sounds cliche but looks don't matter so much to me. Weight and odor are huge turns off for me though.

Last edited:

astrophantom

Smash Rookie
Weight and odor are huge turns off for me though.
Tumblr would like a word with you lol

Honestly I'm the same way but I don't like ultra skinny girls, I've been with a few and it's just weird idk how to explain it. Bad breath and straight up body odor are always terrible.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Bad hygiene overall is a turn off. If you don't take care of yourself, that speaks volumes.

Girls who can have deep, emotional conversations with me about the world at large will ALWAYS turn me on. Always standing up for yourself, snarky, and rebellious personalities are extraordinarily hot too lol.
As long as she isn't arrogant or rude. Playfully snarky is more like it.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Oh and saggy **** are a huge turn off as well. There are some women I'd prefer it if they ALWAYS kept thief bra on.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Man, this would turn into a huge mess if women ever came on this board.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Tumblr would like a word with you lol

Honestly I'm the same way but I don't like ultra skinny girls, I've been with a few and it's just weird idk how to explain it. Bad breath and straight up body odor are always terrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlItMpGYQTo :shades:

Bigger is better in my book. Well, if it's muscle anyway. I'm picky, but it's not hard to take care of yourself imo. Heck, just by doing some pushups and sit-ups every other night + playing DDR on expert + (no lie) I look like I lift and exercise regularly.

Top Bottom