• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Maze Lounge: Pacman Social Thread

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
This thread was a long time coming!

One of the things that was really cool about Smashboards is the character social threads. Its really a great way to get to know the people who are in the Pac grind with you and posting in the character board.

I've grown to like a lot of the people who post in the Pacman boards :) and its a shame we don't talk much when we don't have anything going on with the game. So in this thread feel free to talk about anything. From accidentally getting your side chick pregnant to your asshole co-workers at work. Its a thread for us to hangout and talk to pass the time.

So onto my intro! My name is Froggy and I think I may be the best Pacman main in New England at this point(No KoolAid doesn't count). I really enjoy the game, and when I'm at work I like to spend way too much time talking on internet forums.

Looking forward to get to know you all better.

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Isn't this just the Pac-Man general thread?

Edit: Fine, I'll bite. I'm Splebel. I'm going to college currently for my Information Systems Degree. I only play on the 3DS because that's what I have. When I go to tournaments I use my 3DS as a controller so I can keep it consistent. I was ranked 8th around my area at one point.

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I'm PEPESPAIN , I'm IT Engineer working on a Pharmacy Software multinational, 31 years old and I really enjoy the game.

I have a youtube channel called PEPESPAIN Smashlab where I use to upload a lot of stuff ( I'm a bit inactive because I'm attending a lot of tournaments). I was placed 30th best player in Spain on the last ranking. I enjoy... how to say that.... breaking the game.

I hope this helps!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Isn't this just the Pac-Man general thread?

Edit: Fine, I'll bite. I'm Splebel. I'm going to college currently for my Information Systems Degree. I only play on the 3DS because that's what I have. When I go to tournaments I use my 3DS as a controller so I can keep it consistent. I was ranked 8th around my area at one point.
Cool I play on the 3ds too!

When you say information systems degree what IS specifically? I went to school for Geographic Information Systems and I currently work as a GIS Analyst. Are you in the same field?

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Cool I play on the 3ds too!

When you say information systems degree what IS specifically? I went to school for Geographic Information Systems and I currently work as a GIS Analyst. Are you in the same field?
It's a general IS degree but I can take classes that focus in certain areas like cybersecurity and whatnot. I don't have any specific career path I plan on taking though. Honestly I never heard of GIS. What is it?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
It's a general IS degree but I can take classes that focus in certain areas like cybersecurity and whatnot. I don't have any specific career path I plan on taking though. Honestly I never heard of GIS. What is it?
GIS esentially an IS with spatial coordinates attached to all the data. Its the same technology that Google Maps and GPS are made from.

PEPESPAIN PEPESPAIN I'm 26 and I was worried I'm the oldest one here :grin: glad to see you have me beat haha.

And to clarify the Pacman general thread is way too Pacman centric. We all have things going on in our lives that have nothing to do with Pacman or this game in general. This thread is the spot to talk about that with our fellow Pacman mains.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Hello!
My tag is EquinoX (but my name here is Pacman9)
I am going to college for Songwriting and Personality psychology. I originally wanted to go for astronomy but realized that it wasn't what I truly loved. I have a deep passion for creativity and harmony.

Just like all of you, I love smash bros.
I have played since melee but didn't start playing competitively until the end of brawl. I play pacman because he is my favorite video game character, and his creative based play style clicks with me. When it comes to helping out on these boards, I do my best to find new ways to unravel the potential of our characer.
However, I absolutely hate sitting around in training room so I tend to theorize throughout the day of possible things I can do with pacman. It's feels kind of like making art in my head. After that, I test it to see if my theories were true.

It's funny to see that all of us are scientists or soon-to-be scientists. Didn't expect to be the only artist here though...ah well. We all have aspirations that call for creative minds.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
It's funny to see that all of us are scientists or soon-to-be scientists. Didn't expect to be the only artist here though...ah well. We all have aspirations that call for creative minds.
I originally, and still do deep down, wanted to be a cartographer.

My dream job would be to own a successful cartography company.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hi all!

I'm Pacack, though my actual name is James. I'm currently in High School and planning to pursue counseling and psychology with some music on the side for the sake of music therapy. I've played the trumpet for about seven years, and I'm currently second chair in our trumpet section in band. I'm also a tenor, and one of the few men in our choir (there are three currently). Actually, I just returned from my All-State Choir audition, and I'm feeling like I might've done well enough to make it in. Wish me luck on that!

I have two main philosophies when I go through life. The first is to always be kind, honest, and compassionate. I've gone through some rough spots in my life, and I want to be the kind of person who others can depend on when they experience that. I'm actually considered polite to a fault by my friends. The second is to always be learning. I'm still excited about life, and I don't think that's foolish.

I'm a huge fan of Pac-Man even outside of Smash 4, and I've completed Pac-Man World 2 about six times. I also like Pokemon, Fire Emblem, the Legend of Zelda, Mario, and Animal Crossing quite a bit.

My two most notable hobbies are collecting (Amiibo and Pokemon cards, among other things) and keeping aquariums. Right now, I have Pac-Man, Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, Sheik, Marth, Robin, Lucina, Ike, Toad, Bowser (SMB), Luigi, Rosalina, Villager, Samus, Shulk, and Ness. I'm planning on getting a Japanese R.O.B., Mr. Game and Watch, Duck Hunt, Roy, K.K. Slider, and any Pokken Fighters amiibo that may happen down the line. I currently have only one aquarium up and running with some plants, but I should be ready to add Pork Chop Rasboras and Corydoras Catfish soon. I have two more that I'll get up and running soon, but I want to get this one doing well first.

I'm really an open book, so feel free to talk to me. I priomise I'm not as scary as my avatar is right now.

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
Wassup, I'm ZeoLightning, 25 Years residing in Bronx, NY as of this post.

I'm an Amateur Artist and Video Editor/ Let's Player

I've been playing smash since 64. I'm currently in collage. my dream is to become a vidoe game developer. PAC-MAN is my fav smash character to date. I was excited to here Namco announce they would be working on the game and when PAC was finally revealed I lost my ****. I've Loved the PAC series since i was young and while its not my fav game franchise it is in my top 10.

Smash 4 was my introduction into competitive smash and the game has felt the best in terms of competitiveness to me, the right amount of speed and skill. so I have since begun training to enter tournaments. I haven't yet been in one but i've playe people who have including SeagullJoe, I believe with the right confidence I can place or even win a tourney, my aim is not to become the best player in the world but the best PAC-MAN in the world or at least the US

I Do all of my Art and LP's as well as other typpes of content on Youtube, Twitch and Deviant Art all under the same name. I eventually Plan to start making maybe a PAC Guide for beginners but i dont know where to start.

I'm a down to earth guy but i can shy sometimes but i love to chat

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Wassup, I'm ZeoLightning, 25 Years residing in Bronx, NY as of this post.

I'm an Amateur Artist and Video Editor/ Let's Player

I've been playing smash since 64. I'm currently in collage. my dream is to become a vidoe game developer. PAC-MAN is my fav smash character to date. I was excited to here Namco announce they would be working on the game and when PAC was finally revealed I lost my ****. I've Loved the PAC series since i was young and while its not my fav game franchise it is in my top 10.

Smash 4 was my introduction into competitive smash and the game has felt the best in terms of competitiveness to me, the right amount of speed and skill. so I have since begun training to enter tournaments. I haven't yet been in one but i've playe people who have including SeagullJoe, I believe with the right confidence I can place or even win a tourney, my aim is not to become the best player in the world but the best PAC-MAN in the world or at least the US

I Do all of my Art and LP's as well as other typpes of content on Youtube, Twitch and Deviant Art all under the same name. I eventually Plan to start making maybe a PAC Guide for beginners but i dont know where to start.

I'm a down to earth guy but i can shy sometimes but i love to chat
Dude you should totally go to Nebulous. Its the hot tournament in the NYC area.

Also link us to some of your art. I'm sure a lot of us would like to see it.

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
Hey Pac-Mains! I just played an incredible Pac player that obliterated me in 3DS FG. His/her name was "Stefan" and the connection was pretty lagless. I won once with Doc, then lost with Mario, and twice with Luigi. Close matches except for the last one. Was this any of you? And if so can we play again? I would like to learn the match up, as I did not know how to handle any of the tricks I saw.

Huge

Smash Apprentice
Ayy! I'm Zach, AKA Huge, AKA Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People. I'm from LI, NY, and my locals are always insane. It's nice to pop on over there, get obliterated, and learn from my mistakes. I feel like it gets tougher as people learn the Pac matchup, though... so the only solution, of course, is to invent jank at a higher rate than my opponents can figure it out.

My NNID is "pizzahungry" if anyone wants to exchange some of that glorious jank sometime.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Today I am reminded of why having a weekly local tournament was so important back when I was in Jersey. Not thing alleviates stress and frustration more than beating on people with my Pacman.

Direspect only!

Smash Apprentice
Mi llamó es michael, in highschool, want to become an engineer. Um, I picked up pac man, because I saw someone break my hydrant and was like hey, what if I break my hydrant, that's a free hitbox. Basically like all of you I want to unlock his potential. Plus he's not currently popular, so if we can show he's viable, we might have some intestine tournaments in the future, plus I love styling, that's why I sub ganon.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm starting to think maybe I chose the wrong career path. I have a permanent job now with health insurance and vacation time and I'm still not enjoying my job. At 18 how the hell are you supposed to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life?

And most of the fields I'd be interested is really something you need to start working towards when you are young. Ah well :/

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm starting to think maybe I chose the wrong career path. I have a permanent job now with health insurance and vacation time and I'm still not enjoying my job. At 18 how the hell are you supposed to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life?

And most of the fields I'd be interested is really something you need to start working towards when you are young. Ah well :/
It's never too late to change. I mean it does get harder when you get older, but it's never impossible.

Not knowing what I wanted to do with my life is a thing I've struggled with (And still am struggling with) for a very long time. I started in IT, realized day 2 of college I had no interest in that, then eventually switched through half a dozen majors before settling on languages because "**** it, I already speak 3, might as well".

Unfortunately the things I'm passionate about are all skill based things that while I have been paid at some point by all of them (Music, writing and gaming), I have yet to get to the point where they can support me exclusively. On the plus side, I have been pretty good about getting jobs that allow me to keep working on these things on the side (Especially gaming for now, though I still occasionally write and play bass).

_____

I'm kind of getting off topic though, so sorry about that. Point is, it's never too late to learn and employ new skills. I've been a referee, a government employee, a self-employed writer, a self-employed salesman (VEEEERY briefly, but it happened. No I am not talking about selling illegal substances.), a cook, a translator, and a musician at some point. Both of my parents have had complete career changes in their 40s-50s, both leading to successful careers with one having their own business.

If you are really unhappy with your job, then maybe take steps in your free time to get to a career you will enjoy, whatever those steps may be.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
It's never too late to change. I mean it does get harder when you get older, but it's never impossible.

Not knowing what I wanted to do with my life is a thing I've struggled with (And still am struggling with) for a very long time. I started in IT, realized day 2 of college I had no interest in that, then eventually switched through half a dozen majors before settling on languages because "**** it, I already speak 3, might as well".

Unfortunately the things I'm passionate about are all skill based things that while I have been paid at some point by all of them (Music, writing and gaming), I have yet to get to the point where they can support me exclusively. On the plus side, I have been pretty good about getting jobs that allow me to keep working on these things on the side (Especially gaming for now, though I still occasionally write and play bass).

_____

I'm kind of getting off topic though, so sorry about that. Point is, it's never too late to learn and employ new skills. I've been a referee, a government employee, a self-employed writer, a self-employed salesman (VEEEERY briefly, but it happened. No I am not talking about selling illegal substances.), a cook, a translator, and a musician at some point. Both of my parents have had complete career changes in their 40s-50s, both leading to successful careers with one having their own business.

If you are really unhappy with your job, then maybe take steps in your free time to get to a career you will enjoy, whatever those steps may be.
That seems like a great outlook to have.

Since graduating college(for the past 5 years) I have been working temporary contractors, so now that I finally have some stability I think it would look good on my resume if I stayed here for two years. The thought of working in this role for 2 years makes me cringe though.

Well hopefully things will get better till then I also have to speak to my supervisor about the crap tasks he has been giving me too.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Aww don't tell me we have 0 interest in talking to each others about things outside this game :(

Huge

Smash Apprentice
I mean, for a lot of people, videogames are an escape from life's stress...

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
After looking at all the other social threads for the other characters I think we should continue the proud tradition of being different than everyone else and never talk about anything related to Pac-Man on this thread and instead talk about highly technical computer jargon that only a few people get. That way everyone will get confused. I'll start.

Computer Tip: When buying a new processor or a new computer, getting one with a faster clock speed may not give you the best performance because of a variety of factors pertaining to how processors work. For instance, A processor with a faster clock speed and a longer pipeline will perform better than a lower speed processor with a shorter pipeline until there is an unexpected branch and which case the slower processor will be faster. (Unless it's significantly slower but then you shouldn't be considering that processor.)

Also downloading RAM off the Internet is a good way to get viruses. Plus because you downloaded the RAM for free it wouldn't be very good (DDR1). The current standard is DDR3 with DDR4 already making headway in the market so that free RAM will seriously hinder your ability to look at many internet tabs of cats at once.

Also I'm being completely serious about this one, The Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, both new and old, do not support 802.11n or 802.11ac both superior to the 802.11b/g that the Wii U and 3DS both currently use so when getting a new wireless router try to find ones that are backwards compatible BUT ALSO support the new standards. I'm not sure how long it will take the 5-GHz networks to catch on but if you got the money I would try to get a router that supports that as well as a way of "Future-proofing" your router.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
So I started a complete **** storm on the New England Smash 4 facebook page yesterday. I questioned why one of the players would be consider on the PR when he has only performed at weeklies and not the larger monthly events. All of his friends swarmed me. It was pretty ugly. I defended myself well enough, but when i attend tournaments now at least some people are going to be jeering for me to lose. I was really hoping to fly under the radar and build myself up slowly while I improve and gradually take top players out :(

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Yeah well hopefully things will just die down people will forget. I changed my facebook profile picture to anime so hopefully people forget what I look like.

Splebel Splebel Well that really is just my personality. If you catch me on a bad day I won't be an asshole to you but I will be blunt and somewhat abrasive. I'm not blameless here but they really were acting like girls about it.

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Splebel Splebel Well that really is just my personality. If you catch me on a bad day I won't be an ******* to you but I will be blunt and somewhat abrasive. I'm not blameless here but they really were acting like girls about it.
Nah I meant the fancy technical computer talk part.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
Sp I started a complete **** storm on the New England Smash 4 facebook page yesterday. I questioned why one of the players would be consider on the PR when he has only performed at weeklies and not the larger monthly events. All of his friends swarmed me. It was pretty ugly. I defended myself well enough, but when i attend tournaments now at least some people are going to be jeering for me to lose. I was really hoping to fly under the radar and build myself up slowly while I improve and gradually take top players out :(
Well that's annoying, lol. Best to just ignore them and try to forget it happened, I'm sure it will blow over easily and you can resume your underdog tactics. Questioning power rankings isn't exactly a major issue so I highly doubt its going to be the first thing people think of when they see you.

Oh right, might as well introduce myself while I'm here. I'm Matt, though on the Internet/video games I go by AGES or Snicks. You can call me either really, whichever you like best works for me lol. I've been into competitive smash since around 2010 although I never actually got involved until 3DS/Wii U came out. While Pac was the one newcomer I really wanted to see in the game, I was actually most interested in maining Greninja before the game came out. Then I saw Abadango at the first UMEBURA for 3DS back in Sept. 2014. Pac-Man looked like an insanely deep and creative character that not only looked like a decent tourney pick, but super fun as well. Sure enough, I tried him in October, loved his playstyle and haven't looked back since. My schedule has been super busy as of late so I haven't been able to go on these forums/play smash all too often, but I'm hoping that will change soon and I can focus a bit more on being the best player I can be.
I'll be heading to college next year to hopefully major in Psychology, with a minor in Music(seems to be popular here with the pac players, lol). Interestingly, exactly like Equinox/Pacman9 I was reeeeeally into Astronomy for a long time but decided that probably wasn't something I wanted to have as a career, at least not for now. Ultimately, music, particularly writing and performing is my passion above all else, I've loved nearly all kinds of music for about as long as I can remember, and I've played piano myself since I was 9 years old. Probably my biggest hobby to this day. However, auditioning for a Music major when you play piano is sadly probably a bit out of my reach. Might switch majors later on, but I'm still more than happy with majoring in Psychology.
I'm also like watching sports, especially being as I'm from Chicago this has been an interesting year for me thanks to the Cubs getting new management as well as the rookie of the year to bring them as far as the NCLS. Of course we got stopped by the Mets of all teams lol, but aye at least we tried.
As far as other video games go, my favorite games outside of Smash would have to be Pac-Man, Donkey Kong Country series, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter III/IV, and the Mario Kart games. I'm also a nerd when it comes to SEGA games so I also really like the Sonic games, OutRun, the first NiGHTS game, Jet Set Radio and some others. If I had to pick a clear-cut winner, it would probably be Donkey Kong Country 2, I can't think of a time where I've ever played it without enjoying every second of it. As far as competitive games go I like watching and playing fighting games and racing games, particularly Street Fighter, Capcom VS games, and Mario Kart. As far as playing is concerned I would probably be most into Mario Kart 8, there's actually a competitive scene to it that I somehow got involved in. Despite the item luck there's a good level of strategy to how you drive and handle your items that other racers don't really have.
Well that's pretty much me when it comes to a brief intro to who I am and what sort of games I like

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
AGES AGES Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate it but I honestly did intend for this thread to be more of a hang out forum than an introduce yourself thread. I mean the majority of us already famalirar with each other so.......idk

Anyone else in here have anxiety issues?

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
Never had any major issues, I had a few time periods where there was a lot of pressure on me that caused me to be pretty anxious about everything, even things unrelated but I think it started to get better the more I focused on getting my work done/problems solved and less about the magnitude of it all

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Well I'm worrywort. Always have been, can't help it!

Futa hentai anyone?

Last edited:

Huge

Smash Apprentice
Naw... (you mean... we're not supposed to talk about Pac-Man? But then what are we supposed to talk about? You've got me feeling like my interests are more two-dimensional then Pac's Bonus Fru...)

Tell me yo' favorite...
Books? One More Thing.
Movies? Dr.Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.
Chinese cartoons? One Punch Man.
Video games? I wonder.

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman

Huge

Smash Apprentice
Ha! One More Thing is honestly awesome, though. Some of the stories are absolutely hilarious. B.J. Novak is a legend at taking ordinary situations and spiraling them out of control in the weirdest directions. I've never actually laughed that hard reading a book before.

Last edited:

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Hi,

The name's Will. Or Maribro/Paper Maribro/BucketWizard/(LWUPJMAG (yes even that). I am a 20 year old dude from England originally who migrated to Australia in 2009. But who am I? Well, I'm currently studying a bachelor's degree in physics, majoring in astro. I hold a love/hate relationship with the course and am looking at changing into studying radiation therapy. As someone who has been indirectly helped by this field I feel like I could give something back and as such I have been working hard over the course of the semester to improve my marks to get in. Other than that I work as a barista at my uni. Probably one of the best jobs you could have to be honest, real good fun.

Outside of study and work, I play video games a little bit, but not to a big extreme unless it's something new that I'm hype for i.e. fallout 4. I like chilling with my friends and doing whatever as I'm a pretty sociable dude and I really like just hanging out with my mates. I play guitar and occasionally try and write my own stuff but this is rarely successful. I also like watching and playing a variety of sports but rarely get the time for it these days.

AGES AGES Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate it but I honestly did intend for this thread to be more of a hang out forum than an introduce yourself thread. I mean the majority of us already famalirar with each other so.......idk
Sorry about adding to the introduction thing but I wrote this ages ago and forgot to post it lol. Idk, I know we're familiar with each other but we've only spoken to each other about smash. We don't know each other that well.

Anyone else in here have anxiety issues?
I've suffered from a combination of anxiety and depression since I was about 12 until I finally bit the bullet and took anti-depressants last semester. The anti-depressants weren't enough to settle down all my issues though and I had to be bumped up to stronger meds as well. Hence why I wasn't very active between May and until recently. I kinda got caught up in all that stuff and forgot about my lovely pac bros. It was rough but honestly now I'm through that phase of my life I've never felt better. If you ever want a chat or anything, feel free to PM me. I don't wanna see another Pac bro suffer <3.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
this was so uncool my tournament carpool bailed on me after I waited for them on the highway for so long

they made up some story about not being able to find me but that is crap they were late and just decided not to bother to come my way

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Decided to become a pescatarian finally. I've been on a no pork or beef diet since I was born, but I'm finally making the decision to cut chicken out as well.

Gotta keep up this long term health/physique.

Top Bottom