• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mario Luigi Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Luigi ***** Olimar, trust me plz. Ask Weruop T.T

And super angry luigi you suck at this game lol.
lol who the hell are you anyway?

So anyways, Mario isn't better because Luigi has kill power and recovery. Mario's recovery can be gimped by a lot of the high tiers. While Luigi's is still vulnerable to some gimpers like MK, D3, DK, Mario etc. he still has a good recovery. Those two things matter more than Mario's advantages which are speed, gimping and camping, which are good but don't compare to many of the top tiers. I also find Mario's up B a lot more useful because a good player will be spacing the *** out of Luigi anyway and Mario's is a great OOS move and interrupts combos and chaingrabs and **** like that, like dolphin slash or fortress.

Also, in the particular matchup, basically, Luigi just loses in a scuffle with Mario, he should be taking about twice as much damage because of Mario's superior spacing, speed, range and camping. Meanwhile, Luigi cannot defend a Mario approach. Plus Luigi gets gimped like ***.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Lol just wondering, even though you got the gist and picture of my point, but what is definition of **** to you? o.O? 7/3? 8/2 ratio? Also when I meant that I recall my senses, I meant if Boss 3-0'd Dabuz or not, or maybe was 2-0'd, can't remember but oh well you still get my point lol. And just sayin, didn't say boss or luigi has adv over mk lololol. (though imo it's like 6/4 LMFAO)

and l already know atomsk is a great player (duh). And lol already gotten my Brawl IQ <3.

I'm sorreh I had to use you as an example for luigi ***** olimar thing ._. Closest thing I can find for a top level player =/ Your still a great olimar player though.

just wondering, do you always stalk/lurk/rage at odd times at odd threads? lol.
Well using Boss is a bit deceiving because Boss overcomes **** matchups and wins because he is tremendously skilled. That does not change the matchup, he simply outclasses most opponents.

Apparently Luigi does **** Oli, but I really don't think he ***** Diddy, but just has an advantage.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
lol who the hell are you anyway?
I have no idea who you are and I've never seen you post. Does that mean your argument is bad? No, but your argument is still ******** as hell.

Actually, I was going to type a wall of text for you, but everyone else in the thread has already pretty much covered what I was going to say, you simply chose to ignore them.

And why was hippie bad for citing boss? Hes the peak of the Luigi metagame and he doesn't count? LoLoLoL

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
lol you're full of **** dude. it's BOSS. he ***** MKs, that still doesn't mean Luigi has the advantage. if you recall to your senses correctly? how about 60-40 AT BEST and that isn't **** and I'll leave it at that. atomsk is also just generally a great player as long as he knows the character pretty well he's going to be a contender please get your **** straight and get a brawl IQ

inb4peoplemakingtotalassesofthemselvesaboutagame

Try using the inert mass of grey porridge that fills your skull, kid.

I can safely say you know nothing of the Luigi metagame and you should gtfo of the Luigi boards.
/thread

Bowser beats them both.

</thread>
lol Zhao. He's so Guang... *stolen from Luigi xat chat*

And btw, Luigi > Bowser

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
just trying to have some discussion.
For the sake of discussion? Does it REALLY matter who's better? It's been argued since the release of the game and it hasn't changed a thing.

Luigi's better than Mario. Congrats. MK, D3 and Marth still **** both characters. Argue something relevant like that instead. >_>

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Kev, congrats on the useless post with the exception of your Luigi > Bowser point. Generally, Luigi is superior, but idk about the matchup. Doubt it's bad for Bowser.

I have no idea who you are and I've never seen you post. Does that mean your argument is bad? No, but your argument is still ******** as hell.

Actually, I was going to type a wall of text for you, but everyone else in the thread has already pretty much covered what I was going to say, you simply chose to ignore them.

And why was hippie bad for citing boss? Hes the peak of the Luigi metagame and he doesn't count? LoLoLoL
LoLoLoL what was your argument? Oh, it was "you are bad at this game" <--- yeah I couldn't help make that argument any less germane. Can you even tell me what my argument was?

I didn't ignore anyone, I acknowledged that I was mistakena bout luigi vs oli, in fact.

I didn't say he was bad for citing Boss, but he cited boss, who has twice as much skill as any olimar I've seen, in a matchup discussion. With enough skill, bad matchups are overcome, and when a player has a stockpile of skill that big, using him as an example belittles how much of the games were influenced by skill rather than luigi's pros and cons. It's like if I said 6'6" is the best height to rebound and defend in the NBA because of Dennis Rodman.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, this has just degenerated into a flamefest... plus both the plumbers and the corporate tycoon are fun to play and have their own strengths/weaknesses.

Wizkick Spiking this ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom