• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The main reason I love Yoshi...

Bowser_Gangsta

Smash Lord
Yoshi is a good, but underplayed character. I like his B-Air, D-Air, Smashes and his eggs. But the main reason I love Yoshi is...

His theme music. It's so...good. It feels like Saturday Morning and I'm watching a cartoon. It reminds of strawberry fields and the things good in life. Does anyone else feels this way? The same goes for Samus/ZSS Marth/Ikes and...Captain Falcon(LOL YEAH RIGHT.)

Meta Dude

Smash Rookie
i'll never forget destroying goombas in super mario world for the first time. for that reason alone he'll always have a special place in my heart.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Super Mario World was the first video game I played (or at least the first one I remember being exposed to) so yeah, I've always liked Yoshi since then. I played as him in Mario Karts, Mario Parties, and basically most Mario spinoff games lol. And Yoshi's Island was a wonderful game as well.

And I really like his stage and music in Brawl. Especially the music.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Cuteness rocks. Green rocks. Dinosaurs rock. Dreamy eyes rock. Music rocks.

Yoshi is a cute, green dinosaur with big, dreamy eyes and awesome music.

QED.

Also, the female main character of my not-yet-started webcomic mains Yoshi. Though in Melee.

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
Also, Yoshi is the reason Mario ain't dead. If there was no Yoshi, No epic Mario games cuz Mario would be dead. Hmmm I wish for a funny parody made about that XD.

EggZavier

Smash Rookie
When I was young I played yoshi in ssb64

now i have every yoshi game known to man

he's awesome

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yoshi's the reason Tetris Attack made any sales whatsoever.

He's killing you...with a PUZZLE GAME.

Think about it. Yes.

He's that good.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I just played him in SSBM because Toad wasn't a playable character, and Yoshi was always my second choice in Mario Kart, lol. (And first in Mario Party.) I later ditched him for Pikachu though.
I picked him back up in Brawl because I actually gave him a chance.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi's always been that little, secondary guy in the Mario games, and I have a little thing for the minor characters. Later, he got more recognition, but by that time I already loved him. I've played him in every spinoff game (I'll admit I "mained" Daisy in Mario Tennis and used Dry Bones occasionally in Mario Party 8(?)). I'm a Smash series Yoshi mainer, and it's sad that I'm not better. Oh well.

Yoshi's a beast. (Literally)

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I only really play Yoshi for how he feels in Brawl, because he's so awesome to play as. To be honest, he's not even my favourite mario character, that would be Luigi.

HyperLucario22

Smash Rookie
Yoshi is awesome! He's like my favorite video game character ever! And Super Mario World is like my favorite game ever.

I'm kinda disappointed he wasn't as buffed in Brawl as I had hoped. I still use him as a third main though.

Depster

Smash Champion
It alll started in super mario world... then mk64, then mario party 3, then all that good stuff

KiwiBear

Smash Rookie
HyperLucario what are ya talkin bout'?!? Yoshi has MAD buffs in Brawl. I don't even know where to scold you at for this. First, his 2nd jump's flich resistant was increased, his 3rd jump actually gains some ground (as if that was need from his tremendous 2nd jump), and IS spammable, he has comboes that could put an opponent from 0-80 in NO TIME AT ALL, he maintains the same high priority in his moves, and he's a freaking green loveable ******* (lol), what else more is there to say.

HyperLucario22

Smash Rookie
HyperLucario what are ya talkin bout'?!? Yoshi has MAD buffs in Brawl. I don't even know where to scold you at for this. First, his 2nd jump's flich resistant was increased, his 3rd jump actually gains some ground (as if that was need from his tremendous 2nd jump), and IS spammable, he has comboes that could put an opponent from 0-80 in NO TIME AT ALL, he maintains the same high priority in his moves, and he's a freaking green loveable ******* (lol), what else more is there to say.
I see what you mean. He is a great character. I wish more people would use him in tourneys.

Top Bottom