• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The main attacks for Brawl Falcon.

Revolutionary1804

Smash Apprentice
ive been plaing brawl now for a while and i think i figured out the new way to play with da Captain. i did switch characters at one point to DDD but there is nobody that can match falcon's intensity or method of attacks.

Approach:
To approach with C.Falcon, there are 2 main ways of attack. The easiest and best way is to constantly spam SHFF neutral air. Once the opponent has a high dmg%, you can start using the dash A as it bounces them up perfectly for a chained U-air or...... no you can just U-air.

Main Attacks:
As Captain users, we have all been hurt by the degredation of the knee. I mean this knee aint **** compared to the last one but it still feels just as if not better then the old one. Do not be mislead, the game traps us in the mindstate that we can still land that attck at will, but we cant. that attack is used seldomly now-a-days only when you are sure you can hit....if you miss you will get punished.

The new main ground attack for the brawl Falcon is D-smash. this attacks is honestly the greatest improvement in falcons game. it has tremendous knockback even when it only hits the shield and serves as a counter to most attacks. this is a good way to play a conservative game and stalk your opponent out.

The new knee is (drum roll) the U-air. the most overly abused attack in this game after the n-air. the u-air is the and should be the main focus of your whole C falcon game. this attack has alot of pririty and range and at high dmg% is a kill move (at those dmg almost all his moves are kill moves).

the hyphen dash U-smash. thank god for this one it sometimes a nice approach but as stated before should not be used by any means as a main approach. this is one of your aces that can be pulled out randomly in the fight to suprise your opponent. really isnt much this can lead into because knockback is pretty high... except for U-air =)

Recovery:
the new forms of recovery have greatly improved falcon as a recovering character all togheter. the standard Up-B recovery is now a safe way to recover especially if you are already under the stage.

side note: wall bouncing under the stage has nw been made easier but i dnt do it consistently. however it is a nice way to get back on stage after you have already reached the ledge.

WARNING WARNING! new move approaching: the side-B. if you still have your double jump when recovering this is the move to use. it is an auto spike but it does not go very far. however if you have your double jump, that problem can be countered because you ca wait till the end to use it, wow. i use it for half of my recoveries (the other half is donated to Up-B) and it always keeps the opponent guessing as to wether or not they should come out.

(no character matchups really.... i play mostly against marth and meta knight so if you want to know those just post a response)

have fun.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
Approach:
To approach with C.Falcon, there are 2 main ways of attack. The easiest and best way is to constantly spam SHFF neutral air. Once the opponent has a high dmg%, you can start using the dash A as it bounces them up perfectly for a chained U-air or...... no you can just U-air.
sry, but i don't think the above sounds correct

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
SHFF nair gets you smashed or shield grabbed..

Dash A, Dash Shield, Raptor Boost, Falcon Kick, or if fighting someone who has no projectile, just wait for them to come to you.

Mann

Smash Ace
The only times you are going to use SHFF Nairs:

1. When they are in the air.
2. When you KNOW you can land at least one of either of the kicks. Like tech chasing.
3. You know how to space. So if you miss, you can follow up.
4. You'll land behind them. Meaning you aren't going to land both of the kicks, but your body will hit them.
5. When they are off the stage, but there are better moves to use.

His best approach is a jump. Because from there, you can choose what to do while in air, or when you land. You can SHAD towards your opponent. Can choose to wait for them to drop their shield. Etc.

His now most powerful ground attack move is his dash attack. But to be honest, timing Falcon Punches is no joke anymore.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
The only times you are going to use SHFF Nairs:

1. When they are in the air.
2. When you KNOW you can land at least one of either of the kicks. Like tech chasing.
3. You know how to space. So if you miss, you can follow up.
4. You'll land behind them. Meaning you aren't going to land both of the kicks, but your body will hit them.
5. When they are off the stage, but there are better moves to use.

His best approach is a jump. Because from there, you can choose what to do while in air, or when you land. You can SHAD towards your opponent. Can choose to wait for them to drop their shield. Etc.

His now most powerful ground attack move is his dash attack. But to be honest, timing Falcon Punches is no joke anymore.
This man speaks the truth. SHAD is quite useful. I also like dashing shield > grab, but that only works if you are spaced correctly and don't just run into them with falcon's ungodly long initial dash.

And timing falcon punches when your opponent least expects it is just so great.

D

Deleted member

What is a SHAD? I dont play falcon, but i want to learn how to use him effectively.

Chris is me

Smash Apprentice
The Knee feels very good, you just have to learn to sweetspot it. Once you do it's badass.

Also, your falcon strategy blows. The D-smash? Are you kidding? Side-B as approacher? Uair as knee?

Shading is so important for my Falcon; it gets me a jump and a dodge, sometimes I can hit out of it, and you get to move while you're dodging. It's so awesome. SHADing?

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
the knee isn't that bad that you should avoid using it but i agree that you should start using his u-air more often

Top Bottom