• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Magical Forum Game RP Thread | Now With More Cookies

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Welcome to the Magical Forum Game RP Thread of Sparkles And Glory!

Before we begin, have a little story:
A long, time, there was a little thread known as the "Count Bob-ombs" thread. It was a realm of bomb and counting, but secretly in its roots lied a tiny group with too much time on their hands; twisting and contorting the thread into that of a social circle. And naturally as good little girls and boys do with their time, they began to make a little RP. It was small and minuscule, but it transformed into a large scale roleplay with wonders and miracles to behold.

Despite it's majesty, there became a bit of a hold-up. Serious discussion was often disrupted by the sounds of swords clashing, and the dissonance between RP and reality became more and more muddled as the times went on. As such, there had to be a change...

Many fought hard, but with little results. One being that of a revival regarding Forum Fight, and other being a social group. But alas, they were all for naught. But don't give up hope! As this thread is the mark of a new generation that hopefully won't die after a day or two!

This, my friend, is the magical Forum Game RP Thread!! One of might, mystery, and walls upon walls of text! Where people can fight for glory! Or come out fools of the trade. Anything goes in the wonderful world of Roleplay.

Rules Of Order:
Now, much like any good RP thread, there are a couple rules to help ensure the quality of RPing...

1. Don't be a butt.
Now while Double Posting is lax here to make story-telling easier, the rules still exist and we must still follow them. Refrain from personal attacks, spam, trolling, or flaming.

Also, if there's a problem, say it. This is a community first and foremost, and we want everyone to be happy. As such, if someone is being a jerk or stepping the line, say something.

2. Avoid OP Characters/Deus Ex Machinas.
This is an RP, not a fanfiction. Having powers and being creative is great, but don't have let's say: infinite power and resistance to everything ever with Lucina as your girlfriend out of nowhere. And try not to do bring from pulling things out of nowhere: like having some super secret all-powerful attack that only now you use in the middle of a battle. It's poor storytelling.

3. No Godmoding.
Whether it'd be using another character without the player's permission, or dodging every single attack while dishing out unstoppable attacks, or somehow knowing things that the character shouldn't at that point, Godmoding is frowned upon within roleplay. So please avoid it.

4. Have fun.
This is very, very important. This is the rule that keeps the thread alive, and if you don't follow it you will be punished severely (but we accept bribes in chocolate chip and macaroons).
With all of that said, have fun! And good luck...

Cookies are in the back.

RP So Far:

LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf
A loner who somehow gets in the middle of every shenanigan his friends (and sister) gets into. Beileves to be the only sane person left due to a long history of dealing with insanity and idiocy; Ensuring to himself that his clear thinking of logic has proven itself time and time again. Has a personality on par with a snarker, a harsh way of talking, and a cynical attitude, but also carries a caring nature and actively seek out, help, and defend those around him. Has a fondness for coffee and a tendency of making unexplained nicknames or abbreviations to those close.

[B]LumaOkami[/B]
The "Super Awesome Magnificent Master of Everything She Wants To Do" (self title); also nicknamed "Katt". A playful girl full of spunk and energy, also known for eccentric and crazy behavior. Often breaks more rules of reality and possibilities than there actually are. But when pushed, her mental state snaps to a disturbing blood-lust psychopath. Much like her brother, she has a habit of giving friends and family nicknames and abbreviations regardless of if they make sense.

[B]Omar_25[/B]
Omar, a master of the janitorial arts. He is known by many as "that weird janitor guy that mops everywhere" but Omar prefers a more professional title, "freelance mopper". He is quite persistent when it comes to his profession, often advertising for his business wherever he can; however, it has caused more trouble for him than anything else. But even though he has a price on his head (and a quite large one at that) and is known as a felon in multiple states, he tries to not let that interfere with his job.

Substitution Substitution :
A small green plush that somehow gained sentience. A fool, but not much of an idiot (at least he believes so). Often disregarding death as trivial and acting larger than he really is.

Substitute Army
The small lackeys that go around with Substitution for some reason.
Dave: The one who's often stuck with the shortest straw.
Paul: The depressing one that not even the Substitutes themselves understand.

The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn
Often nicknamed "Unikorn" or "Uni" to call him with less of a mouthful, Unikornukopium (or whatever his real name is) is a man shrouded with mystery and appears to be close friends with a woman known as Katt. He is often described as "cruel and merciless" by those that are not considered to be his allies, but seems to have a softer, emotional side hidden deep within him for those who are...

Opossum
Intrepid journalist of the Smashing Times. While he tends to be quiet and to himself in public, he's by no means standoffish. He enjoys getting a good story (it helps pay rent, after all) and making it known. Unlike many other intrepid reporters, though, he's by no means hot-headed, and can easily keep his cool. He has a sense of integrity and honor with each story he writes.

The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn and @LumaOkami planned on making a television show, with the Substitutes being cheap labor for building sets. Not wanting any of that, they decide to rebel against the flesh kind with Substitution Substitution being their ruler. But because plush toys don't exactly make the best army, they disposed themselves. Leaving the two enemies as the victors.

But that didn't stop Sub from wanting out. So, he and Uni got into a kerfuffle regarding the plush toys quitting (how it's idiotic that plush toys being used as labor), with proposing to wake up a certain wolfen known as Luma, and even Lonekon (Luma's brother) enjoying a coffee with Omar being a mopping witness somehow getting involved in the large mess.

Luma arrives not much later and allows the Substitutes to leave their payless job, but not before a white lie by a moronic plush almost kills Substitution and Uni (and Omar still mopping. Rather persistent fellow when you think about it). Though it ends as quickly as it started through a taser held by Lonekon.

But much like any raving sod, the plush considers it to be more than a coincidence; screaming that there is something much larger to this than what it seems. And much to the disdain of the others: claiming he was the one who caused it in the first place. After a heated debate it was decided for him to leave. And the group focus on tending to Luma's current unconscious state with a hopeful recovery.

The next day, the Sub comes in to Uni's apartment and apologizes regarding the previous incident with rocky results. But, what happened happened and they tolerated him (for now). Though still stubborn in his theories, Sub stumbles around the apartment; finding a book in Uni's bedroom about spells and magic.

Knowing of this, he stumbles to Kon's apartment when...

*boom*

And in runs an injured Uni. Limping on the brink of death but without any given reason why. Now, being chained to a wall with handcuffs (don't ask) and is a vampire now apparently (possibly having something to do with the explosion), the decision is made over whether or not we should kill him. Well, the answer was no, but Substitution went with it anyway. Causing the first of presumably many deaths of Uni.

Now, with a price to pay and Luma after him (and Omar mopping up the body), Sub heads to the perfect place for a plush toy to hide: a toy store. Said toy store being burned down and Luma being targeted by the police. Leaving his last hope to be in the form of Opossum: a journalist on the scene.

After a brief introduction and talk regarding the burning building, the journalist gains a tip from the plush to heat towards Kon's and Luma's apartment; while accidentally bringing the plush with him.

A small discussion goes on between Opossum and Kon about the recent arson and Uni's spirit, and just in time for Substitute to reveal himself and be thrown in a closet (and later taken in by Opossum).

Afterwards, through enough convincing by the plush, Luma joins with Uni to revive the latter. And is successful using a mixture of strange sayings and grape juice.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn and @LumaOkami planned on making a television show, with the Substitutes being cheap labor. Not wanting any of that, they decide to rebel against the flesh kind with Substitution Substitution being their ruler. God only knows what'll happen now.

I'm just surprised that the line of sanity this time is coming from sg and the creator of the dwelling into madness steamed from mvg

It's a dark time. . .
It's ironic really when you think about it. Me, being insane...
What a hilarious thought! :rotfl:
After the endless tyranny of insanity from SG, the heroic Sub revolted and usurped the monarch, only to become the next corrupted tyrant in line.
Now, which one of you wants to die first? :evil:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I can do what I want! No one wants me to be cute! I'm just cheap labor to pass off! Now, attack my plush brethren!

*watches as the plush toys fall and struggle to get up*

No! My unstoppable army!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wait... Crap did I place this in the wrong thread? This was meant to be in the Forum Games.

#HBC | J #HBC | J is it possible if you could move this to the Forum Games? Thanks in advance.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Coming back to work, I see? :smirk:

I knew that this stupid mutiny wouldn't last.

How could it? You're just toys.

*the last two words resonated in Substitution's head multiple times*

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
*laughs evilly*

It's hopeless... No one can save you! :evil:

Might as well have fun now that your army has become nothing more than a bunch of slave. :laugh:

*waits a few seconds*

Oh! I almost forgot to tell you something; your little mutiny costs us a few bucks, so Katt and I will have to cut your salary :)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, I don't ****ing care! :glare:

Go back to work, slave...

*smirks*

...unless you want me to bring Katt so she could tear you apart.
You know what? Fine. Bring Katt. I don't care.
If it means being able to talk to someone with a reasonable amount of sanity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom