• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm skeptical.

On the one hand, it looks authentic, and those are some top-notch renders. The Mewtwo screen KO is particularly good, and I imagine it'd be difficult to fake something like that. Roy's render is also great, and I've certainly never seen it before.

On the other hand, the screen KO looks a bit stilted, and looking at it close-up suggests it could just be a jury-rigged dummy model - I know Mewtwo's known to be stoic, but he has literally no expression here, and it doesn't look like he's really pressed up against the glass. That and the Artsy Omni "leak" has really pushed the boat out on what can be faked for the lulz, so "it looks good" is no longer a legitimate basis for authenticity.

Fake until proven legit.

royalblue

Smash Cadet
I want to believe this. So, SO badly! But as Wintropy said, "Fake until proven legit."

The placement of the icons is what bothers me the most. Roy's is fine up there with the Fire Emblem characters, but why in the world would Mewtwo's be all the way down on the bottom next to the Miis? That makes no sense.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Hold on. There's a thread for this. Oh my gosh, other people actually care about Roy being in Smash 4? IM NOT ALONE PEOPLE, YOU HEAR THAT?

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Well, its cleary a fake but I must admit its impressive. That Roy looks so real, but the Mewtwo screen-KO is cleary fake: an 8 player smash, and the only one cutted out from the %meter is the Mewtwo one? Also, his legs are a bit disjointed and he doesn't have a "ko face", just a regular one.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, for me these things are usually fake until proven (I'll be less skeptical if the leaker is well known). here's hoping though

Great to see a Roy leak anyway, and such an awesome model too!

Hold on. There's a thread for this. Oh my gosh, other people actually care about Roy being in Smash 4? IM NOT ALONE PEOPLE, YOU HEAR THAT?
So, care to be added to the supporters list? :D

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That Roy looks very much like your standard fan-made model of him.

And let's be honest, does this really look legit to you?

The rows are off-kilter and not centered, the name on Roy's icon enlarges when Mewtwo's shrinks when selected (in other pics), Mewtwo's background doesn't match up to Sonics, neither does the black bar under the picture, and his face is pretty unprofessionally sized and aligned compared to the others.

Sorry Roy fans. :/

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I dunno, I quite like the render. The Blazing Sword is a nice touch.
Oh I didn't mean it was a poor render, there are some great fan renders out there. Just that it looked much more like a fan render than Smash 4 art.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I think we're just happy that Roy's getting some spotlight, even if it's from a fake leak lol. But yeah, so many things iffy about the leak that points to it being most likely fake (as many people already pointed out).

Not a lot has been happening -- the drought sucks. No news/updates on that new FE game... and then we have SMT x FE that's going to become The Last Guardian 2.0 at this rate.

Jk, jk.

There was some sneak peek photos of the FE booth at Comiket Special 6 though:

^ convention's from 28th to 29th, I'll see if I could find some other pics

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So I heard there was a chance SMTxFE was going to show up at E3 this year. Well... it's on IGN's list of E3 games, and some people have reported on that. Is there any basis to this?

Because I could see this game becoming vaporware.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That Roy looks very much like your standard fan-made model of him.

And let's be honest, does this really look legit to you?

The rows are off-kilter and not centered, the name on Roy's icon enlarges when Mewtwo's shrinks when selected (in other pics), Mewtwo's background doesn't match up to Sonics, neither does the black bar under the picture, and his face is pretty unprofessionally sized and aligned compared to the others.

Sorry Roy fans. :/
It's 100% fake for a myriad of reasons. As @vaanrose pointed out in the leaks group, the the icons go past the overscan safety lines of the tv. That alone will bust it.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It's 100% fake for a myriad of reasons. As @vaanrose pointed out in the leaks group, the the icons go past the overscan safety lines of the tv. That alone will bust it.
I don't deny that the leak is fake, and not as deceiving as the Rayman leak, but it at least got people talking about the Boy Roy again.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Never gave me confidence anyway ... But I'm surprised they have included Roy in a fake leak.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So I heard there was a chance SMTxFE was going to show up at E3 this year. Well... it's on IGN's list of E3 games, and some people have reported on that. Is there any basis to this?

Because I could see this game becoming vaporware.
Is that so?

Well I seem to be behind in regards to news and whatnot. If SMT x FE isn't going to be at E3, I'm going to start to worry. It's been on Nintendo's regularly games release schedules, but with no release date. Still an official word would be nice.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ah, so the leaks group is still a thing? I knew you guys would quickly debunk this leak. :laugh:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
And on this day, we reached 60 Pages! :bee: We've come a distance since Mewtwo's reveal, haven't we? We're certainly a strong movement!

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So I recently found out that the etymology of the name Roy is linked to the Scottish ruadh, meaning "red".

I love little details like that~

Get at Little Steve.

I'm so glad I check my subscriptions almost daily now. Just another day and I may have missed this gem. Soooooo good.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So I recently found out that the etymology of the name Roy is linked to the Scottish ruadh, meaning "red".

I love little details like that~
Yeah, totally matches his hair colour too. :awesome:

Get at Little Steve.

I'm so glad I check my subscriptions almost daily now. Just another day and I may have missed this gem. Soooooo good.
Hot stuff!!

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
On March 28th, someone uploaded to 4chan a supposed list as to what is going to happen in a Nintendo Direct, which is apparently scheduled for this week.

Now I am not saying I believe the leak, however one thing caught my eye. The final item on the list was titled Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U: Brain and Brawn. This is supposed to be a trailer, with the name being unique like By Book, Blade, and Crest of Flame, or Champion of the Ring, Challenger from the Shadows, etc.

Mewtwo would mostlikely if not definitely be the Brain, so I got to wondering, who would be Brawn? Then I remembered the Mewtwo/Roy leak from earlier. Roy could easily fit the Brawn category. That would make the Melee Roster almost entirely represented in Smash 4, san Pichu, and ICs which I still want as DLC for Wii U and New 3DS.

Of course this is just speculation on leaks that are most likely fake in the first place. But I would be totally blown away if Roy was revealed in the same trailer as Mewtwo.

Or Brawn could mean Lucario and it will be a pokebattle, similar to what I recently speculated in the Snake DLC thread.

On March 28th, someone uploaded to 4chan a supposed list as to what is going to happen in a Nintendo Direct, which is apparently scheduled for this week.

Now I am not saying I believe the leak, however one thing caught my eye. The final item on the list was titled Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U: Brain and Brawn. This is supposed to be a trailer, with the name being unique like By Book, Blade, and Crest of Flame, or Champion of the Ring, Challenger from the Shadows, etc.

Mewtwo would mostlikely if not definitely be the Brain, so I got to wondering, who would be Brawn? Then I remembered the Mewtwo/Roy leak from earlier. Roy could easily fit the Brawn category. That would make the Melee Roster almost entirely represented in Smash 4, san Pichu, and ICs which I still want as DLC for Wii U and New 3DS.

Of course this is just speculation on leaks that are most likely fake in the first place. But I would be totally blown away if Roy was revealed in the same trailer as Mewtwo.

Or Brawn could mean Lucario and it will be a pokebattle, similar to what I recently speculated in the Snake DLC thread.
Knowing Sakurai, knowing the trailers that surprised us completely (Charizard and Greninja in one trailer) and that a Mewtwo trailer would have no surprise factor if it was just Mewtwo, knowing pic of the day in general, he'd just throw in Roy out of nowhere for the huge surprise and the hype.

There's been crazy fan demand for Roy since Mewtwo was announced, even outside of here and The Royvolution group on Facebook, so I have my fingers crossed. I'm soulsearching mains right now and fate probably has something in store for me.

Of course, I don't recall Lucario having a trailer either, so Mewtwo vs. Lucario may happen. Still, I'd be much more surprised if the trailer didn't reveal a character coming with Mewtwo, than if just Mewtwo was coming, knowing how Sakurai handled random reveals. He might want to truly breathe new life back from trailer and demo-only days into the game.

After all, Mewtwo did take a long time...

EDIT: WAIT WHAT IF THE REALLY OFF-LOOKING LEAK HAPPENS TO BE REAL AND ROY IS A FREE CHARACTER IN AN UPDATE PATCH WHICH IS WHY HE'S WITH THE FE CREW AND MEWTWO'S WAY DOWN JUST BECAUSE HE'S DLC I WANNA BELIEVE
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTCiFvf_Tsk/VRZ9UA_QIVI/AAAAAAAAABs/XZXZkbSBWco/s1600/PIC_0105.JPG
But they better fix them noodle arms...

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Knowing Sakurai, knowing the trailers that surprised us completely (Charizard and Greninja in one trailer) and that a Mewtwo trailer would have no surprise factor if it was just Mewtwo, knowing pic of the day in general, he'd just throw in Roy out of nowhere for the huge surprise and the hype.

There's been crazy fan demand for Roy since Mewtwo was announced, even outside of here and The Royvolution group on Facebook, so I have my fingers crossed. I'm soulsearching mains right now and fate probably has something in store for me.

Of course, I don't recall Lucario having a trailer either, so Mewtwo vs. Lucario may happen. Still, I'd be much more surprised if the trailer didn't reveal a character coming with Mewtwo, than if just Mewtwo was coming, knowing how Sakurai handled random reveals. He might want to truly breathe new life back from trailer and demo-only days into the game.

After all, Mewtwo did take a long time...

EDIT: WAIT WHAT IF THE REALLY OFF-LOOKING LEAK HAPPENS TO BE REAL AND ROY IS A FREE CHARACTER IN AN UPDATE PATCH WHICH IS WHY HE'S WITH THE FE CREW AND MEWTWO'S WAY DOWN JUST BECAUSE HE'S DLC I WANNA BELIEVE
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTCiFvf_Tsk/VRZ9UA_QIVI/AAAAAAAAABs/XZXZkbSBWco/s1600/PIC_0105.JPG
But they better fix them noodle arms...
Please don't make me hope too much because I'll be disappointed ;-;

Nintendo has the best customer support.

I called them about my digital copy of SSB 3DS and how I bought it before registering the system, and they went ahead and just threw it on my account. It was a pretty good experience overall, I'm waiting for the email where I can rate it.

The guy who took my call asked me about the 3DS's games, I said I really enjoy them and listed a few including FE:A. He said something about how the FE characters are fun in smash, and I just said "I agree, I miss Roy." He said he and a few others received calls about Roy, which was a bright note of the conversation. We bull****ed around for a few minutes before the registration completed. Not bad, not bad at all. Now it's time to head off for my shift.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman

Nintendo has the best customer support.

I called them about my digital copy of SSB 3DS and how I bought it before registering the system, and they went ahead and just threw it on my account. It was a pretty good experience overall, I'm waiting for the email where I can rate it.

The guy who took my call asked me about the 3DS's games, I said I really enjoy them and listed a few including FE:A. He said something about how the FE characters are fun in smash, and I just said "I agree, I miss Roy." He said he and a few others received calls about Roy, which was a bright note of the conversation. We bull****ed around for a few minutes before the registration completed. Not bad, not bad at all. Now it's time to head off for my shift.
Did you just call Nintendo's customer support? Because I've been wondering how to do that and I think today is the last day to register. :/

Troykv

Smash Master
Wow...

I have to give him credit for making this video xDDD ...

I wonder what kind of illusion use the leaker

Troykv

Smash Master
It's notable that Mewtwo's character portrait is different and that he now lies in the Pokemon section of the roster.
Oh yes, it's true, I note after viewing the video a second time.

What this means in related original image? Did he realize his mistake by putting Mewtwo in the end?

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I want to believe it but I can't, there's not enough proof. If what that dude says is true about the Direct, we'll see April 1st I guess? ;-;

the leak is fake.

The vid has a different mewtwo than the first. Not to mention the first pics were terrible (Mewtwo wasn't even properly aligned with the row, let alone going past max distance fro the CSS)

It would be great if it was real though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom